What Is Indian Remy Hair? Better Than Normal?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

tenniskidaaron1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The links below have your answer

Indian Remy human hair is the highest grade of real, human hair that is a preferred choice for hair extensions, hairpieces and wigs because it achieves the most natural look.

Is it common? If I don't get Indian Remy hair do you think it will look like sh*t?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you have to see which one matches your bio hair most closely. If you are Caucasian or of European descent etc then European hair will most likely suit you better. If you are Indian/Asian etc then Indian Remy hair will probably be a better match.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
But you have to see which one matches your bio hair most closely. If you are Caucasian or of European descent etc then European hair will most likely suit you better. If you are Indian/Asian etc then Indian Remy hair will probably be a better match.

In that case, then you need to go with Indian hair, available from some vendors, that has not been stripped, and colored.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Always go with a recommended supplier as once your order goes to China there is very little checking on what end up on a piece. I have read a BBC article of comb hair, plug hair and even animal hair being used.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Always go with a recommended supplier as once your order goes to China there is very little checking on what end up on a piece. I have read a BBC article of comb hair, plug hair and even animal hair being used.

Made in china usually = poor quality, agreed.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Then how come the factory is based in america for Optima Hair where I get mine from.

They are not all china based, what a bunch of bullshit.
Yes, they are. Basically all the companies get their systems from the same few factories.

Noah

Reaction score
Not a very helpful thread guys.

Hi Aaron, you will be fine with Indian remy hair. It is the default choice for Westerners. Personally I never use anything else. European hair is a slightly higher grade at a substantially higher price. It's questionable in my mind whether it is worth the extra money, but certainly don't pay for it on your first system. After you have been wearing for a while and you know exactly what you want, if you're rich you can try out European hair. The Indian hair will look good - don't worry about it.

And yes, 95 % of all hair systems sold in the West are from Shandong province in China, and the rest are from Chinese-owned factories in Indonesia. And while I would agree that a lot of Chinese products are low quality rubbish, that is not the case with hair systems. They have invested a lot of money in good technology, and they have an apparently endless supply of nimble-fingered young women willing to work for a pittance to do the delicate handwork necessary to ventilate custom hairpieces. That is why a product which used to be only available to Hollywood stars is now affordable by the average Joe.

Let us know if you need help with the order Aaron.

Noah

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Agree with Noah. Indian hair will be fine for most of us.
More and more of the knotting is done in North Korea now.
If you get the right supplier there is no need to pay over the odds as we once did.

chrismg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a very helpful thread guys.

Hi Aaron, you will be fine with Indian remy hair. It is the default choice for Westerners. Personally I never use anything else. European hair is a slightly higher grade at a substantially higher price. It's questionable in my mind whether it is worth the extra money, but certainly don't pay for it on your first system. After you have been wearing for a while and you know exactly what you want, if you're rich you can try out European hair. The Indian hair will look good - don't worry about it.

And yes, 95 % of all hair systems sold in the West are from Shandong province in China, and the rest are from Chinese-owned factories in Indonesia. And while I would agree that a lot of Chinese products are low quality rubbish, that is not the case with hair systems. They have invested a lot of money in good technology, and they have an apparently endless supply of nimble-fingered young women willing to work for a pittance to do the delicate handwork necessary to ventilate custom hairpieces. That is why a product which used to be only available to Hollywood stars is now affordable by the average Joe.

Let us know if you need help with the order Aaron.

Noah

Hi Noah,

I've been reading through a bunch of your comments and would really like to know where to start. I am pretty thin on top and would appreciate if you could point me to a hair system that would be manageable for a beginner like me.

Chris

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Chris; happy to give you some ideas, but I prefer not to talk actual suppliers' names on the public forum, so I will PM you. Hope that is OK.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

There is a difference between the two hairs.

I bought a indian remy hair.
Now I wear this one day ago. Very very good product more softer, and it is more pleasent to the touch than the normal indian hair. (Before that it was for me.)
The Normal hair, i remember it wasn't nearly like that at the beginning. So now... I am very happy with remy. It's really like the real freshly washed hair. But..how long will these properties be...
The base is realy good and natural. Good bleanched.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think? what could be the reason why the hair is not like at the first time?
The Leave-in-conditioning : do it harden the hair? now I use, Bonfi Remy Silk Mist Leave-in Conditioner.
the hair became heavier. Still good quality but not like at the very beginning.