What Happens When You Restart minoxidil. Success.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? Sorry if someone already asked it.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Awesome result. Too many underestimate the potential of using minoxidil. It's not the best treatment we have, but it can work. AND IT IS CHEAP.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say that you regained all the hair you had prior to dropping minoxidil? I'm debating dropping minoxidil as I'm not sure if it's doing a whole lot for me.

Jackz0007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi bluemoon1212 I have not used minoxidil since the last 9 months gone from norwood1.5 to almost 3 now.....I used it for about 9 months prior to quitting..
So basically I wanna ask is that since I have very less hair (density) , so when you restarted did initially situation turn worse & then you had regrowth? I had very very good hair before starting minoxidil this shedding cycle has basically destroyed my hair & I am just 20 years old.
So dude shud I shave of my hair before restarting or it won't get that worse .?
& I had very little regrowth on minoxidil on my temples (I had receding temples that's the reason I started it).

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Have you considered zix? I used to be on f'in and minoxidil 12 years ago, but dropped it. I have used zix, which has basically saved my hair since. It's zinc and b6 you mix yourself. I wonder if you combined it with your current treatments if you would have enhanced results.

Anyhow you look great, I guess don't fix what ain't broke.
Why is everyone talking about that zix meme? how would that even work? sounds like another ridiculous scam.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is are your DHT levels?

You should get some tests done and report them. I always find it ridiculously lucky that people on finasteride and let alone dutasteride, get no sides. It's basically a gamble of the compound not binding into tissue that isn't the scalp.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi bluemoon1212 I have not used minoxidil since the last 9 months gone from norwood1.5 to almost 3 now.....I used it for about 9 months prior to quitting..
So basically I wanna ask is that since I have very less hair (density) , so when you restarted did initially situation turn worse & then you had regrowth? I had very very good hair before starting minoxidil this shedding cycle has basically destroyed my hair & I am just 20 years old.
So dude shud I shave of my hair before restarting or it won't get that worse .?
& I had very little regrowth on minoxidil on my temples (I had receding temples that's the reason I started it).

There was no additional shed upon restarting. I just slowly started losing less and less.

What is are your DHT levels?

You should get some tests done and report them. I always find it ridiculously lucky that people on finasteride and let alone dutasteride, get no sides. It's basically a gamble of the compound not binding into tissue that isn't the scalp.

Last time I had my DHT checked it was 9 pg/ml, I believe. I'm having it tested again on the 16th, just to ensure this shed I'm going through is simply a secondary minoxidil shed and not the baldness progressing. I don't think it's lucky to not get sides, more so unlucky if you do get them. The best thing you can do on AAs is stay off the portions of this site dedicated to fear-mongering. Everyone going through this is already psychologically disturbed by balding, so, it stands to reason that your compromised mental state would lead you believe you're suffering from side effects, when you're really not. Especially with ED, decreased libido, etc. Once you read that a condition is a possible side effect, people become hyper-aware of physical manifestations that were probably there before. Not to say that no one gets sides, but I would certainly argue that the clinical manifestations during testing are far more accurate than the numbers on these forums.

Jackz0007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ooh thank
There was no additional shed upon restarting. I just slowly started losing less and less.

Last time I had my DHT checked it was 9 pg/ml, I believe. I'm having it tested again on the 16th, just to ensure this shed I'm going through is simply a secondary minoxidil shed and not the baldness progressing. I don't think it's lucky to not get sides, more so unlucky if you do get them. The best thing you can do on AAs is stay off the portions of this site dedicated to fear-mongering. Everyone going through this is already psychologically disturbed by balding, so, it stands to reason that your compromised mental state would lead you believe you're suffering from side effects, when you're really not. Especially with ED, decreased libido, etc. Once you read that a condition is a possible side effect, people become hyper-aware of physical manifestations that were probably there before. Not to say that no one gets sides, but I would certainly argue that the clinical manifestations during testing are far more accurate than the numbers on these forums.
Thanks .....I may be starting it tomorrow or day after tomorrow ....I hope I get good results & no sides this time

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you know how to convert pg /ml in ng/ml .
Because her ein france the value are in ng/ml .
And your dht value seems incredibly low

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you ever testes yur oestrogen level bro ? because this is a really low dht level . i think you might maitain your hair for a long time with such level .
This really show that the sides depend of the sensitibity of the presonn the androgen and oestrogen .

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
have you ever testes yur oestrogen level bro ? because this is a really low dht level . i think you might maitain your hair for a long time with such level .
This really show that the sides depend of the sensitibity of the presonn the androgen and oestrogen .

I never have. I've never really had a reason to, I suppose. As long as my dht is low, and my body is functioning properly, I doubt I'd pay to have my estrogen levels checked.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I just want to know how it is physically possible to NOT have side effects when you are removing 70% of the most potent androgen.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I just want to know how it is physically possible to NOT have side effects when you are removing 70% of the most potent androgen.

From what I understand, once the secondary sexual characteristics have developed, there isn't a purpose for DHT that testosterone cannot fill. DHT may be a more potent agonist to the receptors, but that's not to say you are completely removing androgen activity, because testosterone is still circulating, and in a larger proportion as free test than before medicating. Side effects aren't from the lack of DHT, they are from the influx of free testosterone aromatizing into feminizing hormones.

Last edited:

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody with experience using minoxidil foam vs. minoxidil liquid explain which may yield better results? Does it vary from person to person?

I've been using Rogaine Foam 1x daily for years and I feel at best it's slowing down my inevitable fate balding wise. The foam actually has a thickening effect on my hair upon application making it a great option to use during the day.

However, if anybody has used both the foam and liquid and is now sticking with the liquid version only I would be interested in hearing why. Thoughts?

Jackz0007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody with experience using minoxidil foam vs. minoxidil liquid explain which may yield better results? Does it vary from person to person?

I've been using Rogaine Foam 1x daily for years and I feel at best it's slowing down my inevitable fate balding wise. The foam actually has a thickening effect on my hair upon application making it a great option to use during the day.

However, if anybody has used both the foam and liquid and is now sticking with the liquid version only I would be interested in hearing why. Thoughts?
I have never used rogain foam but , I used to apply rogain liquid the name of the brand was regain , it was the most expensive one available in India costs about 700 rs which is close to 11$ which is quite cheap for u Americans. It used to dry very fast in about 15 mins & my hair looked thick after applying it. I guess foam dries out faster but is not as effective as the liquid

Jackz0007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update applying minoxidil for the last 8 days , once a day 1ml per day, scalp irritation & itching has still not started , but one thing is that shedding has increased a lot 250-300 hair a day , most of the hair falling are thin & small some are thick & longbut most of them are thin .
Was this what you were experiencing blue moon 1212., when you restarted minoxidil

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Update applying minoxidil for the last 8 days , once a day 1ml per day, scalp irritation & itching has still not started , but one thing is that shedding has increased a lot 250-300 hair a day , most of the hair falling are thin & small some are thick & longbut most of them are thin .
Was this what you were experiencing blue moon 1212., when you restarted minoxidil

Sounds like what happened when I started the first time. The shed I'm in now started off like that, but is backing down finally. Just gotta trust that the medication is doing its job. If you responded well once, you'll respond just as well again.