What Happens When You Restart minoxidil. Success.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
After great success with minoxidil and dutasteride, I foolishly stopped minoxidil about 9 months ago. I fell back to baseline, maybe a bit worse. I noticed I've never seen a well-documented thread about someone starting minoxidil up again, so I'm going to. I've also been on dutasteride for over a year. First pic is before I stopped. The next three are a timeline from September 18(when I started minoxidil again) until yesterday. You can see it growing back quite rapidly. Before anyone asks, the only side I've ever gotten was some mild acne on my forehead from finasteride and dutasteride.

Attachments

• DSC_0373.JPG
    DSC_0373.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 5,759
  • DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 5,519
  • DSC_0642.JPG
    DSC_0642.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 5,181
  • DSC_0674.JPG
    DSC_0674.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 5,882

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you started dutasteride beofre introducing minoxidil ? or both together ?
Did you fet good result with propecia ? or duta was better ? thx

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
This is two and a half months of progress after starting back up with minoxidil. Once I stopped taking it, I shed back to baseline below baseline over six months, then decided to hop back on and see what I could regain. Looks like i'm well on my way to a full recovery.

Attachments

• bleh.JPG
    bleh.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 3,301
  • _20161203_132302.JPG
    _20161203_132302.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,631

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results, consider yourself very lucky. How come you stopped minoxidil in the first place?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results, consider yourself very lucky. How come you stopped minoxidil in the first place?

I became complacent with my results and assumed applying minoxidil was more of a pain than it was worth. I thought dutasteride was the reason for my insane regrowth. It was a foolish mistake and I'll never make it again. This was the result, daily. That's not even including the amount I was losing on the shower

Attachments

• DSC_0387.JPG
    DSC_0387.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,218

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I became complacent with my results and assumed applying minoxidil was more of a pain than it was worth. I thought dutasteride was the reason for my insane regrowth. It was a foolish mistake and I'll never make it again. This was the result, daily. That's not even including the amount I was losing on the shower

So this sink picture is before you added minoxidil back a few months ago?

How is the shedding now?

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
So this sink picture is before you added minoxidil back a few months ago?

How is the shedding now?
That is correct!
Almost non-existent now. I shed about 10 hairs per shower now, most of which are under two inches in length.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is correct!
Almost non-existent now. I shed about 10 hairs per shower now, most of which are under two inches in length.

wow, that's fantastic. Im super tempted to start again. I definitely had some success with it, but it's been so long, it feels like im a born again minoxidil virgin. Someone mentioned the insane itch, which led to shedding, ultimately, that's what im sh*t scared of....

Thanks for the reply.

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Monthly update. This is after 3 months. I took a picture to showcase the midscalp recovery. First pic is when I restarted minoxidil, second is recovery of midscalp. Third is brushed back beginning. Forth is brushed back today, after 3 months.

Attachments

• Start.JPG
    Start.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,773
  • month 3.JPG
    month 3.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,713
  • bleh.JPG
    bleh.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,504
  • month 3-2.JPG
    month 3-2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,670

br1

Reaction score
Results look great! Congrats.

Do you apply it over then entire top of your head? Liquid or Foam?
Thanks.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lucky bastard, wish minoxidil did that for me. Wouldn't dare miss an application.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
After great success with minoxidil and dutasteride, I foolishly stopped minoxidil about 9 months ago. I fell back to baseline, maybe a bit worse. I noticed I've never seen a well-documented thread about someone starting minoxidil up again, so I'm going to. I've also been on dutasteride for over a year. First pic is before I stopped. The next three are a timeline from September 18(when I started minoxidil again) until yesterday. You can see it growing back quite rapidly. Before anyone asks, the only side I've ever gotten was some mild acne on my forehead from finasteride and dutasteride.

Holy sh*t. That is good. Good job!

If that's your latest (bottom right corner). Definitely making solid progress.

Stay on it!

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Just another little update. Bald patches along each side of the forelock are filling in nicely. First pic is first day back on minoxidil, second pic is today, which is just over three months.

Attachments

• DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,139
  • DSC_0732.JPG
    DSC_0732.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,376
Last edited: