What Happens To All The Young Baldies

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apologies if I offended anyone or whatever in this thread, just one of those days. You're all entitled to feel how you feel about balding due to experiences or whatever, I'm certainly not gonna try and tell anyone how they should feel or say they are "wrong" in what they think. I normally stay out of debates like this and from now on I think that's for the best. Anyway, no hard feelings and all that.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeh but im headed for a nw7 and im not on meds, i get sides. so hair transplant is out the question.

im just gonna wait it out for the new tech to come

and be a baldie troll in the mean time

Shite.... So sides were too bad then.. from finasteride and minoxidil?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shite.... So sides were too bad then.. from finasteride and minoxidil?

sides were bad from finasteride, none from min apart from the first time i ever tried it and it made me light headed as f*** and made me want to pass out

that sh*t was SCARY lol

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sides were bad from finasteride, none from min apart from the first time i ever tried it and it made me light headed as f*** and made me want to pass out

that sh*t was SCARY lol

I remember the light headed thing happened to me when I used the foam for the first time years back... I remember getting headaches too. It did eventually go away. It was a long time ago now though so can't say how long it lasted.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember the light headed thing happened to me when I used the foam for the first time years back... I remember getting headaches too. It did eventually go away. It was a long time ago now though so can't say how long it lasted.

scared the f*****g sh*t out of me

i had to lie down for a couple hours before i felt normal again

didnt touch that sh*t again for weeks lol

no problems since i dont think

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets just create a f*****g bald island, whole new world, where we'll hang out, drink coctails and pay for hoes to be brought to us by plane. Also we should tie brotzu to a tree and tickle him.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Poor OP. Started a thread only to get it derailed all the way down to the very fundamental existential anxiety of this forum lol

The realism that zircon and fred are holding is simply true. Hair IS valuable. Nothing ever takes away that. You can tan and lift and dress up all you want too fell better but still doesnt compensate or replace it. Why is anyone really reading this thread if its not important anyway?

The other day, flipping through some hair transplant clinics website, it amazed me how those mega sessions on Norwood 5+ while looking so crappy with incredibly high hairlines and pathetic density on top still absolutely beats the sly/horseshoe before pics. Having some hair is almost always better than being bald. Thats the cold truth.

Some people look good shaved and wholeheartedly accept it but for most here, the rational reaction to maximize your look value on the social/professional market is simply stop it or slow it with whatever you can. But mentally it's just a torture. You are fighting a losing battle. For a substantial amount of ppl here meds are not enough to hold our hair. Knowing all the risks you take while still seeing your hair vanishing, except at a slower pace, suffering all the meanwhile. And that's assuming you can tolerate the meds in the first place.

I think what OP, who can't take meds and is not a transplant candidate just like me, is asking, is rather how do you get along with that life when all attempts fails. In that case, there's nothing wrong in coping and trying to make up for your looks for sure. But don't get delusioned. Nothing replaces hair. You can still live a life, even a happy fufilling one, but it's simply in another man's shell with your former self shattered.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Poor OP. Started a thread only to get it derailed all the way down to the very fundamental existential anxiety of this forum lol

The realism that zircon and fred are holding is simply true. Hair IS valuable. Nothing ever takes away that. You can tan and lift and dress up all you want too fell better but still doesnt compensate or replace it. Why is anyone really reading this thread if its not important anyway?

The other day, flipping through some hair transplant clinics website, it amazed me how those mega sessions on Norwood 5+ while looking so crappy with incredibly high hairlines and pathetic density on top still absolutely beats the sly/horseshoe before pics. Having some hair is almost always better than being bald. Thats the cold truth.

Some people look good shaved and wholeheartedly accept it but for most here, the rational reaction to maximize your look value on the social/professional market is simply stop it or slow it with whatever you can. But mentally it's just a torture. You are fighting a losing battle. For a substantial amount of ppl here meds are not enough to hold our hair. Knowing all the risks you take while still seeing your hair vanishing, except at a slower pace, suffering all the meanwhile. And that's assuming you can tolerate the meds in the first place.

I think what OP, who can't take meds and is not a transplant candidate just like me, is asking, is rather how do you get along with that life when all attempts fails. In that case, there's nothing wrong in coping and trying to make up for your looks for sure. But don't get delusioned. Nothing replaces hair. You can still live a life, even a happy fufilling one, but it's simply in another man's shell with your former self shattered.

business-man-tries-to-kill-himself-16873297.jpg

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
well my brain is so fried, probably from the anti psychotic medication (olanzapine) I take which i started before going bald so i think it just blocks out all those really nasty thoughts

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well my brain is so fried, probably from the anti psychotic medication (olanzapine) I take which i started before going bald so i think it just blocks out all those really nasty thoughts

My brain is pretty fried from anti depressants, valium and painkillers, too bad all that has not numbed me to the negative thoughts though.... If anything, I think it's ballsed up my ability to think in a positive way lol