What happened to hair loss forums in general?

Homie

Reaction score
I'm a long time member here, I posted more at hairlosshelp.com, but posted here a good bit. And at Spencer's the Bald Truth forum. But around the time the great Brian Shelton passed away, I kind of lost interest and stopped posting.

And I came back last night, and WOW.

Seems traffic has dropped off hugely here and at Spencer's (even worse there). And hairlosshelp.com forum looks to be absolutely gone.

What has happened? Has there been some new miracle cure I missed out on? Or has everyone just given up lol?

I miss the old day where gunslingers were slinging the science around LOL.....

Or maybe there are new hair loss forums where everyone has gone?

Thanks!!!

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fairly sure this particular forum has just been badly mismanaged for some reason.

Case in point: A bunch of people couldn't log in and were asked to press a button that was supposed to send them a confirmation email. That email never came... This alone resulted in lots of users leaving the form. Others left because their buddies were gone.
More than a year later, the confirmation email thing started working again, and no-one knows why.

Homie

Reaction score
Wow, interesting Regan! Are they going to some other hairloss forum? Because the big three I remember back in the day was this one, hairlosshelp (which appears to be 100% gone), and the Bald Truth forum (which appears to be more dead with this one, I saw a bunch of spam on it as well).

Any other hairloss forums out there that are happening these days?

Thanks!!!

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guy w) depression I’ve heard runs this site.. so he drifts in & out.. This site I had another handle which I posted a lot & communicated well which one day I was told to verify account w) my email which this site would send. I like many NEVER received email to verify. So we lost interest. I rejoined under this handle, but all the relationships I previously made are gone because of the person running this site..

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted here a lot years ago, but when I realized finastertide was maintaining for me I just stopped worrying about my hair.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
What has happened?
People know better that regeneration of new hairs is nearly imposible, and no really new news about it.
Also a lot of persons pased away.
Really I missed ancjent times, I started with alt.baldspot.sci where I knew Bryan Shelton. In these time a lot of interesting disscussions.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guy w) depression I’ve heard runs this site.. so he drifts in & out.. This site I had another handle which I posted a lot & communicated well which one day I was told to verify account w) my email which this site would send. I like many NEVER received email to verify. So we lost interest. I rejoined under this handle, but all the relationships I previously made are gone because of the person running this site..

Are you telling me Feelsbadman actually runs this forum and is the admin above all admins? "Always has been." F*ck.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is this forum has expelled a number of longtime members not for any cause, but rather for administrator being absent. Members were sent a message as they logged in to assert their email.on file was correct. Then a confirmation email would be sent to unblock the member. Hundreds of members never got the confirmation email. I being one of them.
I then didn’t receive the top topics of the week. I then couldn’t communicate to members I had extended discussions with.
So I started to look for WHO is this ADMIN? After reading many posts.. someone actually knew this nebulous folk.
And said he had bouts of depression because of hair loss etc. and that was it. If he didn’t want to answer questions or communicate. So we have or had a great site run by a flaky ADMIN

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is this forum has expelled a number of longtime members not for any cause, but rather for administrator being absent. Members were sent a message as they logged in to assert their email.on file was correct. Then a confirmation email would be sent to unblock the member. Hundreds of members never got the confirmation email. I being one of them.
I then didn’t receive the top topics of the week. I then couldn’t communicate to members I had extended discussions with.
So I started to look for WHO is this ADMIN? After reading many posts.. someone actually knew this nebulous folk.
And said he had bouts of depression because of hair loss etc. and that was it. If he didn’t want to answer questions or communicate. So we have or had a great site run by a flaky ADMIN
Surely AI will be a better ADMIN, I remember discussions about hairlosshelp versus hairlosstalk name. Now no good Admins

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted here a lot years ago, but when I realized finastertide was maintaining for me I just stopped worrying about my hair.
This is pretty much it.

I've only started posting again because I've had to stop taking finasteride and misery likes company.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fairly sure this particular forum has just been badly mismanaged for some reason.

Case in point: A bunch of people couldn't log in and were asked to press a button that was supposed to send them a confirmation email. That email never came... This alone resulted in lots of users leaving the form. Others left because their buddies were gone.
More than a year later, the confirmation email thing started working again, and no-one knows why.
I was one of the users affecting by the email bug. Yeah it's fixed now somehow so I'm back I guess?.. maybe.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion we should have a choice of 2 different types of hair loss forum.

Traditional drugs method forums and alternative method forums. When you have everyone in the same all you get is big 3 haters and people attempting to find an alternative cure arguing which drags every thread down to pointlessness.

In an ideal world people that view everything outside of the drugs/derma rolling etc as snake oil would ignore a thread with opposing views and let the forum function, OR if you disagree with the drugs and side effects you ignore that particular thread and let the forum function.

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
I first started using this forum in 2007 under a different name, and have since lost that account. This place saved my hair, literally. It's sad to see forums slowly fade out. They were so helpful in so many areas of life. And yes, it does hurt when you lose people on a forum, even if the relationship was only online.
RIP to my friends up there.
Brad