What century do you wish you were born in?

Gunnersup

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I was born in the 18th century, personally. Conservative laws. Non lab-made food. Very minimal diseases. Less hairloss seen in the population.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would actually like to be born today. Assuming I look exactly the same, by the time I start balding it would be 2037. There will likely be more hairloss treatments and maybe transplants will include stem cell procedures. Going bald will eventually be a sign of low class and poverty. Which would actually stigmatize it more but I wouldn't care if I knew that there was hope.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I was born in the 18th century, personally. Conservative laws. Non lab-made food. Very minimal diseases. Less hairloss seen in the population.
No offence, but I doubt you’d last a week in the 18th century. Working hard 16 hours a day, no medication to cure any illnesses, no running water, electricity, Internet, Etc all the luxuries that you probably posses right now and a society that Sometimes handed out brutal methods of execution like it was no big deal. But I guess that’s worth the trade just so that “less hairloss is seen in the population”. Again no offence, but the amount of things people today take for granted is unbelievable. EDIT: just saw all the other posts Gunnnersup has made, i shouldn’t have replied.

Last edited:

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who does not say 21st century, or at the very least the 20th century has no idea what the f*** he is talking about and is detached from reality.
I dont think it is necessarily true. Although the life now is objectively much more comfortable, what matters is the subjective feeling. And Im pretty sure that today depression is much wider than it ever been

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Born in the 50s-60s is ideal in the west. So having your prime in 70s-80s

comfortable enough, but better culture, more family values, better women, more likelihood of purposeful jobs, better subcultures, less technology, just enough economic pressure so you make sth of yourself etc

just lol if you think we have it better than our parents just because it got more comfortable. In exchange our lived realities have become completely comodified by technology and capital. It will even be more brutal for future generations

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's surely debatable
If someone is ignorant yeah

I dont think it is necessarily true. Although the life now is objectively much more comfortable, what matters is the subjective feeling. And Im pretty sure that today depression is much wider than it ever been
People are more open about depression and there's more awareness when it comes to mental health, which is a good thing, that's all

Of course back then racism sexism antisemitism homophobia rape pedophilia and so on were much more accepted as well

People were less educated and informed, and trapped in their own little world

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
18th century? Perhaps if you were male an rich, and even then, you would not have had good medical care.
As a woman? No anticonception, giving birth to 8 children or more, dying during childbirth, etc. Being working class and being exploited. No thanks.
And no dishwasher!!!

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
18th century? Perhaps if you were male an rich, and even then, you would not have had good medical care.
As a woman? No anticonception, giving birth to 8 children or more, dying during childbirth, etc. Being working class and being exploited. No thanks.
And no dishwasher!!!
Imagine how much a minor issue like a wisdom tooth could deteriorate anyone's life back then lol

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine how much a minor issue like a wisdom tooth could deteriorate anyone's life back then lol
Teeth would have been a nightmare: you lose one in an accident, you have a gap for the rest of your life. Tooth ache? The tooth is pulled in a painful way.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Teeth would have been a nightmare: you lose one in an accident, you have a gap for the rest of your life. Toot ache? The tooth is pulled in a painful way.
Yep now let's apply this logic to every other minor and situation of life lol

We have it way better now we should be grateful

The point is to move humanity forward not go backwards

Imagine transportation in 3021. You could match on a dating app with literally anyone from the other side of the world and then meet in like 30 minutes. With such a large dating pool, no one would ever be lonely.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Back then there weren't any means at all to fight hair loss at all, so why would you choose the 18th century?

Also, is it proven that hair loss is more common now than before? I've read of people back in the early 20th century freaking out and claiming that baldness is now more common than ever lol.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, provided they find the cure for baldness too
We have no cure and I was literally bald at one point (not anymore). When the pandemic started and people started using Tinder globally I tried it as well and realized the potential. During those few days I had hundreds of matches and great conversations with amazing ladies from all over the world. But at the end because we're still pretty behind technologically compared to what the future holds, I couldn't do anything about it. Someone like me would never struggle with dating in a more futuristic world.