What Am I Doing Wrong? People Often Look At My Hairline. Pics Inside

Fanjeera

Reaction score
onyIurG.jpg

JbIiYpg.jpg

Often when I chat with people they glance at my hairline for a second repeatedly, so they must understand that I wear it. Has the hairline got dirty? Am I applying too much glue? What am I doing wrong? It can't be because of the desnity any more, because it's really not that dense anymore. Thank you!

I'm using Ghostbond btw.

Last edited:

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
What's up with the hair line? You look young, i think you can aim for a straighter one. And what's that grey line in front of the hair line?

I guess you are attaching it by yourself? You should go to a professional the first couple of times in my opinion, to get a picture of how to do it properly.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
What's up with the hair line? You look young, i think you can aim for a straighter one. And what's that grey line in front of the hair line?

I guess you are attaching it by yourself? You should go to a professional the first couple of times in my opinion, to get a picture of how to do it properly.
It's a not custom piece. I couldn't get one with a straight hairline. The next one I am buying is going to be straight.

I don't know what the gray line is. I guess that's what I am asking you.

I am attaching by myself, because there are no professionals in my country. They leave the front lace unattached and cover it with hair.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking at it there is a shadow. Is it the lace/skin front, seeping glue or dirty? Got a close up?

Hairline needs more graduation and as said it should be more full.

Otherwise haircut is nice and colour too.

First piece?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a not custom piece. I couldn't get one with a straight hairline. The next one I am buying is going to be straight.

I don't know what the gray line is. I guess that's what I am asking you.

I am attaching by myself, because there are no professionals in my country. They leave the front lace unattached and cover it with hair.

I see. I think with a more straight hair line it would look really good. If you can solve the issue with the grey line of course.
People might look at the hair beacuse of how high the hair line is, looks almost like a NW3. But it might aswell just be the pictures taken close up.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Looking at it there is a shadow. Is it the lace/skin front, seeping glue or dirty? Got a close up?

Hairline needs more graduation and as said it should be more full.

Otherwise haircut is nice and colour too.

First piece?
First piece yes. http://imgur.com/a/3lCgZ -- here are a few more pics, but these were taken a few days back when it wasn't that bad yet. The flash kills the gloss, so it doesn't show up as good.

I see. I think with a more straight hair line it would look really good. If you can solve the issue with the grey line of course.
People might look at the hair beacuse of how high the hair line is, looks almost like a NW3. But it might aswell just be the pictures taken close up.
Thank you! Do you know what I should do to solve the gray line?

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your Hair system looks normal but something is wrong @ your hairline.
Looks like if you use hair fibers like topik in the front of your hairline

I would go to an expert for hair systems. He can show you how to use it correct.;)

Noah

Reaction score
It's just dirt on the edge of the lace. It looks seriously grubby - probably a mixture of old glue, sweat and environmental dirt. You could try just soaking it in alcohol for 20 minutes and then very gently rubbing it to see if that cleans it. If not, you will need something stronger. Some guys have recommended Autoglym as a miracle cleaner for old glue - it is formulated for getting engine oil off your hands and engine parts. I haven't used it myself, but it has been well-tried and tested for hairpiece lace.

In my view, as I have said before, the piece is also too dense. As I recall, you were OK with a somewhat artificial-looking level of density, but it's quite likely contributing to the glances you are getting. Your sidehair has retreated quite a lot, so a huge wad of hair like that, and a dense hairline, look unusual. There are people whose natural hair looks like that, but it does draw attention. If you are fed up with the glances I would suggest you lower the density and get a graduated hairline on your next piece.

Noah

s1nemesis1s

Reaction score
It looks like it is buildup of glue - and/or too much glue was applied. I would try cleaning it all up as others suggested, then using less of the ghost bond, and leave the area near the hairline without ghost bond, maybe ½ inch and perhaps trying a 2 thin layers of Walker Ultra Hold if you are going for a couple weeks or a month hold. Apply one THIN layer, let it dry, apply another and you should be good to go - would do this around the entire base http://www.hairdirect.com/store/walker-ultra-hold-0-5oz.aspx

I am not expert, but I am learning and moving along – honestly, it looks like too much glue, and dirty for sure. Also, use some rubbing alcohol/ 91% isopropyl alcohol, once in a while to clean up near the hairline, don’t the hairline, just clean right up to it – a makeup sponge helps. I did this during the horrible summer months when I was working outside, kept my hairline clean as a whistle. This is going to be trial and error, but we are all here for you and want you to succeed.

Also, on a side note, if that it sweat and grim buildup, you may want to try a scalp prep from HairDirect like No Sweat – I hear its good stuff.

Again, I am new to all of this, hope this can at least help you along a bit.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks completely fine mate

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you could apply the tape or glue a 2-3mm behind the very front of the lace. over the next day or say your own body heat tends to warm the tape or glue to seep forward.

You could tissue it clean or if you are able clean up the front with c22 and new table but thats tricky in a mirror for me at least or cotton bud dipped in alcohol.

second set of pics are good. nice piece buddy

shookwun

Reaction score
Looks completely fine mate
:D

In all seriousness, are you that out of touch that you don't realise why people are staring?

Here's your problem. To much excess lace at rhe front. The hair roots are not bleached, resembling speck marks all over. Hairline is not graduated, and resembles nothing of a natural hairline

My suggestions are to find a different supplier and never go over light density. Extra light - light is the only deity that resembles natural hair.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude...you went the piece route and gave yourself an NW3?

You're going to all that trouble, at least get one with a decent hairline...I thought the point of a piece was to make it look like you AREN'T balding lol

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when you look at photos of wearers your brain is pre-programmed so its puerile.

99 out of 100 people wont have a clue

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Sweet jesus

Hate to say this Fan, my man, but that thing looks like something you'd see on a mannequin.

Replace it ASAP!!!

People are no doubt laughing (hard) behind your back, bro...

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm jealous of your hair but it does look fake. how do you make a piece like that look natural?
Never get high density pieces for starters. Hairline must be graduated to resemble a see through hairline.

Always go with a light density if you want to resemble natural hair characteristics. Don't cut under 2 inches or the hair will resemble a poof ball.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't understand it Fanjeera.

Are you Norwood 3 or Norwood 6??

Noah

Reaction score
People are no doubt laughing (hard) behind your back, bro...

You really are a jerk of the first order Jimbo. I really wish you would f**k off back to whatever swamp you recently emerged from.