Webber Naturals ''anti Dht Mega Pills'' Try

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to clear up some confusion in this post, finasteride works primarily by reducing DHT levels, not by the knock-on effect of increasing Estrogen levels. The increase in Estrogen may be of some added benefit, but it is the initial removal of DHT itself that is the main reason why finasteride works.

If you're going to block DHT internally, I don't see any point in using anything other than finasteride. The amount of hair gains is proportional to the amount of DHT inhibited, which is proportional to the severity of side-effects. Therefore, inhibiting more DHT means better results but at the expense of worse side-effects. In order to stop the male pattern baldness process, you need to inhibit about 80-90% of DHT from 5ar2. Finasteride achieves this.
Experimenting with natural alternatives to finasteride may result in lesser side-effects, but that means that less DHT is being removed, and therefore, your results will be poorer. Another point to mention is that it is doubtful whether natural DHT blockers such as Saw Palmetto are even able to reach inside the hair follicles. Saw Palmetto does inhibit DHT in the body, but if it is not able to do so inside the hair follicles, it is not going to help with your hair loss.

To summarise, it is better to stick with proven medical treatments rather than experiment with unproven natural alternatives.

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The real reason why finasteride helps if that it increases estrogen, not that it kills DHT.

giphy.gif