We lost a great head of hair this week

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Bismark, coming from someone who said Clintons economic success was created by his administration and then turning around and agreeing w/ Slarti that it was based on the prior, or Reagan/ Bush admins., tells me you dont have your facts straight.....

Make a point and stick to it, youre wavering on your points like John Kerry for Gods sake.....

And I have no problem questionning government, Ive been doing it thoughout this thread, and I have tried to listen and understand your points, but at some point I just gotta throw up my arms and say enough is enough, you are all over the road map....

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
I really have no proof for that but I read that the US even gave anthrax to the Iraq? Perhaps that's the reason Rumsfeld was so sure to find the weapons of mass destructions there.

That is true. We did give them anthrax.

But not specifically for weapons use, it was actually part of a research exchange that took place back in the 70's. And, it was not something given specifically JUST to Iraq, we gave our strain to a number of educational institutions all around the world as part of this program. Baghdad U or whatever the university there is called was just one of them.

The Gardener

Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
Churchill shook hands with Hitler, and your point is?

Actually, it was Chamberlain who shook hands with Hitler, I believe. Not Churchill. Churchill always despised the Nazis and thought Chamberlain was a sellout. (Which, as history has shown us, he was.)

Not to debate.. just a point of clarification.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
That is true. We did give them anthrax.

But not specifically for weapons use, it was actually part of a research exchange that took place back in the 70's. And, it was not something given specifically JUST to Iraq, we gave our strain to a number of educational institutions all around the world as part of this program. Baghdad U or whatever the university there is called was just one of them.

I've been applying anthrax to my temples for 4 weeks now, and I am not seeing any noticable growth...of hair anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I be taking it orally instead? :wink:

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
ColtsFan said:
Churchill shook hands with Hitler, and your point is?

Actually, it was Chamberlain who shook hands with Hitler, I believe. Not Churchill. Churchill always despised the Nazis and thought Chamberlain was a sellout. (Which, as history has shown us, he was.)

Not to debate.. just a point of clarification.

Before 1940 the British ruling class in general found nothing abhorrent about the Nazis. They even encouraged Francos and Mussolinis regimes because they saw the Soviet Union to be the major threat. The British government even opposed the plans of France to stop the rearming after the first world war. Chamberlain signed the treaty of Munich in 1938 because he hoped that a war can be avoided. That was a very weak position since British governments always tried to save the "Balance of Power" in Europe.
I'm sure there would have been a second world war even without hitler. The confrontation between the communistic soviet union and the western world was apparent already at that time. Sounds paradox, but I think we had also a third world war without nuclear weapons.

A

Administrator

Also lost my father last night. :cry:

Just wanted to post something about him. Was by his side as long as I could be. It was very disturbing to watch, unfortunately.

A day or so beforehand his wife was chuckling about what his son does for a living (me). He smiled as much as he was able to. He didn't have much hair left, but I believe he is proud of me. I will continue to try to do whats right and run this site with a focus on helping people in need. My dad's pride in me is worth that.

dadgrad.jpg

Time is short guys. One day we will all watch someone we love die. Find them and appreciate every single minute you have with them. Its true what they say. There is absolutely No Time for stupid disagreements. Life is too short.

A

Administrator

JesusFreak said:
Thank you Ronny for:
And he was actually one of the good ones. Imagine the list for Clinton, Bush, and about 28 others...? Probably 50 times as long.

Admin

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My condolences to you Admin, Im sure your Dad was very proud of you. It is always hard to lose someone you love and although life does goes on it is always important to reflect on the important things that matter, life is too short!

Tony

The Gardener

Reaction score
My condolences, Admin. By being with your dad as much as you could through the process, you were exactly where you were supposed to be and showing a lot of character. It's not about what you do for a living or whatever.. it is all about the fact that you were there with him to wish him goodbye as his soul departed this world. That is about the greatest gift you can give a father, to show such honor for him in his hour of departure. Wherever he is now, he must be smiling.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss. It sounds like he was very proud of you. It's nice that you were able to say goodbye. Loss is the hardest part of life, and the stages of grief (especially the guilt) can be gut wrenching. Hang in there man.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
At least he's at peace now.

BTW, that's a very nice picture of him! Do I detect a family resemblance??

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chujgcha said:
It's about time we stop sucking saudi pump. "Hydrogen is too dangerous" "It would take years to lay out the infrastructure" - KISS MY REDNECK ***. LETS SHUT UP AND DO IT.

I continue to be shocked by the fascination with hydrogen in some quarters. Because there is no natural source of free hydrogen, hydrogen is not a SOURCE of energy. Hydrogen is a way to STORE energy once you actually do have a source, but it's not a source of energy itself.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
ok, JesusFreak, let me ask you what Clinton did for the good of the county?

Oh yea, thats right, he turned a blind eye to Osama...

Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it? At the time, he had no real legal basis for picking up Osama.

ColtsFan said:
How about Jimmy Carter, lets talk double digit inflation and interest rates, how the hell did he manage that?

Oh, so President Carter was personally responsible for the economic conditions during his administration? Ever hear of the "business cycle"? Ever hear of the Arab oil embargo during the 70's, when the spigot was shut off? The world runs on oil, you know...do you think the economy isn't going to suffer some setbacks when the oil supply is interrupted?

ColtsFan said:
How about that wonderfully flawed Iran hostage escape plan? Nice going Jimmy...

Oh, do you think that President Carter was PERSONALLY piloting those helicopters, and so he has to take the blame for the failure of the rescue attempt?? You are some piece of work...Carter spent the last year of his administration working like hell to get those hostages out of there, and you go and say something as unbelievably rude and thoughtless as that.

ColtsFan said:
Two examples of horrible f*****g presidents!

I think they were two of the brightest and most capable presidents we've ever had.

ColtsFan said:
About alternative sources of fuel, like we should have been doing in the seventies so we can tell OPEC to kiss our ***.

ROTFLMAO!!! It was President Carter who tried to tell the American public that they sure as hell better start CONSERVING ENERGY!! He even went so far as to do his part by turning down the thermostats in the White House during the cold winter, showing that he practiced what he preached! And did the public take heed of his prescient words? No, they didn't. Energy usage continued to grow, and conservation efforts completely vaporized afterwards, especially under Reagan.

ColtsFan said:
Clinton, Johnson, Nixon, Carter...Couldnt carry Reagans jock...

You don't know what you're talking about.

Bryan

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Admin, let me say Im sorry to here of your loss

Bryan,

I am just going to have to disagree and on your rebutals of my points.
You are a liberal Im a coservative, so we are clearly going to have no common ground. I dont have anything against Carter, Johnson, Clinton, and other left leaning politicians other than the fact that I completely disagree with their politics.

Jesus Freak was making attacks on Reagan as his widow was crying over his grave, so I made some points of my own.

If you think Clinton was bright and articulate thats fine, but he sat by and did nothing while a million Ruwandans were slaughtered? He had proof of Osama's role in the first trade center attack and the Sudan had him for us to bring him to trial, and he just said "no thanks" And what about the 50 some odd people connected to the Clinton Admin. that were mysteriously either showed up murdered or missing during the course of his presidency?

If Carter was the prince of peace why did he do nothing while Poll Pot killed a million Cambodiens? And he was at fault for that mission to rescue those hostages because he authorized the use of antiquated helicpters from the Viet Nam era that were used in high humidity climes and not the dry dusty climes of the mid-east. He reviewed the plans before it was undertaken, and as the commander in cheif has to take a certain degree of responibility.

If you want big government, high taxes, and a soft military thats your right as an American. I just dont prescribe to the liberal mind set or leadership that you do.

Im not going to defend my position as a conservative to a bunch of balding bleeding hearts, Ive got better things to do with my time, and my position is not going to change on how I feel about Carter or Clinton.

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss Admin. Regarding the other sh*t on here--THANK GOD I'M CANADIAN! Man, someone said something about a week military, sh*t you should see ours!

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry about your father, admin. Howver, your description of his smile makes the corners of one's mouth turn upwards themselves. :D

It's good you could be there. It must have meant the world to him.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
To all those venturing into the political tit-for-tat:

I have come to the exasperated and exhausted conclusion that everyone's politcal opinions, no matter what they are, rest on selective memory, selective reading material/newscasts/reports/, and allegience to selective and slanted interpretations of historical events.

Seriously, do you realize that people don't merely argue, they CONTRADICT each other constantly. One person says that X happened, another will insist that's a myth. Or that X program makes Y happen and that history has proven it, and the opponent will insist that only a very cherry-picked interpretation of history will show this, the rest showing the opposite.

The problem, it seems to me, is that we simply THINK we know things. We read an author or listen to a commentator we personally trust, and believe what they say, especially when they cite references and sources. We watch the news and take with a grain of salt (or a whole saltshaker, perhaps) but still basically believe it, and we let our philosophies be shaped by this very unstable method of gathering information. (I'm including myself here.)

What drives me insane with frustration is that people don't just have different opinions, they have different #@!!% FACTS!!! How the bloody hell are we supposed to know who to believe? Everyone professes to speak to the truth or to be quoting legitimate info, yet they are endlessly contradicted and challenged by all shades of disagreeing parties.
WELL? DID X, in fact, happen? Did it not happen? Has it been embellished? Are there things most people don't know? Has it become grossly distorted (yes, it has. no matter what it is)?

This November will only be my second presidential election. I already know who I'm voting for, but I can NEVER be certain of anything. Not a simple anecdotal snippet (read "fact"), not a respected researcher's book, not CNN or Fox, not ANYTHING. Having a glut of information floating around is both one of the best and worst things about our democracy. Huxley was right----the truth is drowning in the vast ocean; no one needsto cover it up. Everyone is confident that what they know is the truth--the way things really are or how things really happened, and that's precisely why it's impossible to weigh it all, at least as far as I can see. All I want is the truth, but I'm beginning to realize such a thing may not even exist as a solid concept. (Guess Orwell's character in "1984" was right, too! :lol: )

Having said all that, can some of you please grow up? You're acting like children.

And about Reagan----his hair was real all right. He apparantly had some sort of rare genetic variant. It's not that he kept all his hair that's so unusual, it's that he kept the thickness AND his original child's hairline.
No need to dig him up---ya won't find no rug.