We lost a great head of hair this week

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
The German economy could probably use a Thatcher-type influence right about now.

I don't mean that from a social context.. purely from an economic context. Even the French are, at least on the face of things, starting to break up some of their more ossified economic policies.

Haha Gardener, come on and I'll vote for you to become the chancellor.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
anyway back to why we are all here

this man's hair just got thicker as he got older

he had better hair at 80 then most of us at 17 or me anyway

if they want to find a cure, i think there should be doin test on poor old Ronald

so boys anyone for a spot of grave digin

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
BiteMe,

That post is a thing of beauty......

The truth hurts dont it libs?

Give me a break :roll: That had nothing to do with reality. BiteMe's post was pure slanderous propiganda, probably taken straight from Ann Colter's web site. This one is paticularly retarded:

BiteMe said:
11. You have to believe the military, not corrupt politicians, start wars.
Of course left wingers believe it was our corrupt president Bush, not the military, who got us into our current situation.

kiwi1973 said:
this man's hair just got thicker as he got older
if they want to find a cure, i think there should be doin test on poor old Ronald
How much you wanna bet it was a rug? :D

Bismarck

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
The Gardener said:
The German economy could probably use a Thatcher-type influence right about now.

I don't mean that from a social context.. purely from an economic context. Even the French are, at least on the face of things, starting to break up some of their more ossified economic policies.

Hi Gardener, well I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, the French Govt. still accounts for approx. half of the nation's GDP, still pursues the policy of creating a French champion in each industry that it deems important (economics be damned), imposes damaging work related legislation, has ceded monetary control to the European Central Bank and, along with Germany, has expressed a desire to prevent the 10 new entrants to the EU from setting their Business taxes to so called unfair levels.

Slarti, could you explain this? The German government didn't want the Euro currencs at all. Churchill spoke of the United States of Eurupe in 1947. That was a good idea but anything is wrong with the EU. It's just a bureaucratic monster nothing else.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I real dont think it was a rug, I think he was a freak of nature or his hair was
I have been a rug spotter for the last 8 years and i am 99% sure that it was real
but hey prove me wrong

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
Slarti, could you explain this? The German government didn't want the Euro currencs at all. Churchill spoke of the United States of Eurupe in 1947. That was a good idea but anything is wrong with the EU. It's just a bureaucratic monster nothing else.[/quote]

shouldnt you guys be voting now

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Slartibartfast said:
The Gardener said:

Hi Gardener, well I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, the French Govt. still accounts for approx. half of the nation's GDP, still pursues the policy of creating a French champion in each industry that it deems important (economics be damned), imposes damaging work related legislation, has ceded monetary control to the European Central Bank and, along with Germany, has expressed a desire to prevent the 10 new entrants to the EU from setting their Business taxes to so called unfair levels.

Slarti, could you explain this? The German government didn't want the Euro currencs at all. Churchill spoke of the United States of Eurupe in 1947. That was a good idea but anything is wrong with the EU. It's just a bureaucratic monster nothing else.

I kind of thought the EU experiment was a good idea in theory... and it probably is helpful for certain things to have EU-level cooperation. But, once I started hearing more about the particulars, the CAP and the Fisheries policies, it dawned on me that this is a case of 15 chefs trying to determine how to best bake a cake. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Coltsfan, I agree with some of the stuff you have said, but do not go off on Bismark about the chemical weapons. Fact of the matter is while we may not have handed them to him we gave Saddam all of the ingredients and even the money supply. We funded him through obscure banks, and if one Senate committee hearing if was even stated that he had bought a German plant capable of mass producing chemical weapons. In fact we funded Saddam right up to the day that he invaded Kuwait.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0927-07.htm

http://www.cjr.org/archives.asp?url=/93/2/iraqgate.asp

Those are two are just two of many documented articles.
I was not a big Clinton fan myself, as I said with every presidents successes and triumphs there will always be failures and scandals.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:

Bismarck said:
Slarti, could you explain this? The German government didn't want the Euro currencs at all.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking me to explain, could you rephrase it please.

Bismarck said:
Churchill spoke of the United States of Eurupe in 1947. That was a good idea but anything is wrong with the EU. It's just a bureaucratic monster nothing else.

From a purely UK point of view when Churchill spoke of a United States of Europe in 47 he meant Continental Europe but not Britain. As for the EU, if I wasn't just heading out for the night I could talk about its failings almost endlessly.

Bismarck

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Bismarck said:
Slartibartfast said:
[quote="The Gardener":24435]The German economy could probably use a Thatcher-type influence right about now.

I kind of thought the EU experiment was a good idea in theory... and it probably is helpful for certain things to have EU-level cooperation. But, once I started hearing more about the particulars, the CAP and the Fisheries policies, it dawned on me that this is a case of 15 chefs trying to determine how to best bake a cake. It will be interesting to see how it evolves.[/quote:24435]

The EU - protectionism at its best. There are now 25 chiefs, Gardener. Yes, the new entrants will cost a lot of money but thats ok in my opinion. But people can't understand how politics is done there. For example the ger governmant supports the car producers indirectly to close the doors here and go to hungary. That's paradox.

BiteMe

Reaction score
flux said:
ColtsFan said:
BiteMe,

That post is a thing of beauty......

The truth hurts dont it libs?

flux said:
Give me a break :roll: That had nothing to do with reality. BiteMe's post was pure slanderous propiganda, probably taken straight from Ann Colter's web site. This one is paticularly retarded

You're full of sh*t too Flux...

You know gawd-damned well that I'm right. You're simply reaching for whatever reasoning you can in a lame-*** attempt to discredit what I said. Give it up 'cause it just doesn't work.

What's truely retarded here is the way you've managed to convince yourself that you actually know what the hell you're talking about. :roll:

Take my advice to Jesus Freak and get your face out of your pot pipe long enough to get a sense of REALITY. Might do you some good.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BiteMe said:
What's truely retarded here is the way you've managed to convince yourself that you actually know what the hell you're talking about. :roll:
You think you know my opinions better then I do.

Now THATs retarded.

I could have picked every line apart with sound, intelligent reasoning, but since it wasn't constructed with nearly as much thought, it just doesnt seem worthy of my time. Really I dont want to argue. There is just no glory in fighting a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
21gone,

with all do respect I dont consider Byrd, who maintains a staunch anti Bush position or Nightline, which clearly leans way to left, to be exactly credible or fair and balanced.

If Sadaam was out sourcing an American company for chemicals, which the article indicated, then shame on that company, but dont fault the particular administration.

I mean look at the French, they have been bitter at us for going to war with Iraq because they knew we were going to capture their "business partner" in Saddam, and we probably uncover documents of direct business dealings with the French government.

I do agree that politicians are not always help accountable for despicable deeds, but thats not what my initial reply to Jesus Freak who went into hiding, was about.

Bismarck

Reaction score
21gone said:
Coltsfan, I agree with some of the stuff you have said, but do not go off on Bismark about the chemical weapons. Fact of the matter is while we may not have handed them to him we gave Saddam all of the ingredients and even the money supply. We funded him through obscure banks, and if one Senate committee hearing if was even stated that he had bought a German plant capable of mass producing chemical weapons. In fact we funded Saddam right up to the day that he invaded Kuwait.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0927-07.htm

http://www.cjr.org/archives.asp?url=/93/2/iraqgate.asp

Those are two are just two of many documented articles.
I was not a big Clinton fan myself, as I said with every presidents successes and triumphs there will always be failures and scandals.

rumsfeld_hussein.jpg

I really have no proof for that but I read that the US even gave anthrax to the Iraq? Perhaps that's the reason Rumsfeld was so sure to find the weapons of mass destructions there.

BiteMe

Reaction score
flux said:
I could have picked every line apart with sound, intelligent reasoning, but since it wasn't constructed with nearly as much thought, it just doesnt seem worthy of my time. Really I dont want to argue. There is just no glory in fighting a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.

Dude...you couldn't even pick your own nose with sound intelligent reasoning...

You are soooo in need of help it's frightening. Again, I would suggest you drop the drugs and get yourself a good therapist...

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
If your "not sure", and all you can manufacture is a photo of Rumsfeld and the "spider hole man" shaking hands, then I guess you really cant make a case then can you? Churchill shook hands with Hitler, and your point is?

Listen I understand you guys may all hate Bush and Reagan, but my concern is not with you, its with Jesus Freak for blasting a dead president thats it....

I dont care if you wont to pay a 65% income tax rate, have your taxes go to have your kids educated by dumb *** teachers who dont give a sh*t, subsidize lame *** welfare programs, take away gun rights from responsible people who want to protect themselves from crack heads. If you want liberal government policies ruling your life then fine, go for it.

Feel free to question Ronald Reagan's ploicies, but dont post leftist drivel, about a guy who cant defend his positions, and then go and hide under the covers like Jesus Freak, thats just being a wuss...

Cassin

Reaction score
No Government in history ever has or ever will be perfect.

No Government will ever have citizens where every last one will be happy.

No Government will have leaders that are all looking into the best interests of it’s citizens.

No Government ever has, or ever will start a rational war.

No Government’s leaders have made 100% perfect alliances to where history always favors the decision. Sometimes the lesser of two evils just makes sense of the time and you can’t look to far ahead.

Blah Blah Blah…. quit looking for Utopia and pointing fingers. Every citizen in a Government is responsible for it’s leaders.

Bismarck

Reaction score
ColtsFan said:
If your "not sure", and all you can manufacture is a photo of Rumsfeld and the "spider hole man" shaking hands, then I guess you really cant make a case then can you? Churchill shook hands with Hitler, and your point is?

Listen I understand you guys may all hate Bush and Reagan, but my concern is not with you, its with Jesus Freak for blasting a dead president thats it....

I dont care if you wont to pay a 65% income tax rate, have your taxes go to have your kids educated by dumb *** teachers who dont give a sh*t, subsidize lame *** welfare programs, take away gun rights from responsible people who want to protect themselves from crack heads. If you want liberal government policies ruling your life then fine, go for it.

Feel free to question Ronald Reagan's ploicies, but dont post leftist drivel, about a guy who cant defend his positions, and then go and hide under the covers like Jesus Freak, thats just being a wuss...

I don't hate Bush and I don't hate Reagon. I just hate people who sell their soul for money. Actually I'm still alive because of Reagans hard line in the cold war.
Coltsfan, you seem to be unable to do a political discussion. Discussing means thinking about the opinions of others and giving rational arguments.
You seem to believe everything your government tells you. Democracy requires informed citizens. You only believe what you want to believe.