We Absolutely Have To Get Hellouser To Japan

What's worth more to you?

• Total voters

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com has a shop right? plus some adds. Members can definitely support so should HairLossTalk.com. ; )

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Solution: @Admin creates a locked thread to those who paid

This IS the perfect solution. The info goes into a private locked thread and only the people who donated get the password. And when we're each given our password we should automatically agree that we won't share the information with anyone outside the group in that one thread.

There should also be some mechanism to stop people from sharing the information with people who didn't contribute.

This is doable.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Why the f*** do you care nameless what other people do with their own money? If we want to send someone to the moon from this forums, why is that your worry. You even started a f*****g thread to stop people from donating. How bitter you are f****r?

Why does it bother you that I want potential contributors to be fully informed that some posters won't contribute to the congress trip because they want other posters to pay all the expenses?

Why does it bother you that I want potential contributors to be fully informed that if they donate they'll be paying for non-contributors to get to see the information for free, and at the expense of the contributors?

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I understand some people's beef with leechers or freeloaders. But me personally, I do not care about the news unless it's like I said, that it's ready and good to go. With that said I agree with what someone suggested in this thread, make a locked/private thread for those who donated, it will require a password, i've seen this in other forums, it can be done. I honestly would not care about this, it wouldn't bother me that I can't see this info. If something worthwhile comes out, it will be all over the internet.

On the other hand, if I do end up donating, I would not care at all who benefits from my donation, like people who didn't donate reading the info. But I do agree that if it bothers enough donors that there are freeloaders reading the precious info, then make a private section.

I also think the information should be put into a private thread where only the people who donate can see it. There should also be some mechanism to discourage people who get the information from sharing it with people who didn't contribute.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Did he really do that? Omfg

No, I didn't.

I only informed potential contributors that some posters won't contribute to the congress trip because they want other posters to pay all of the expenses. The posters who want other posters to pay all of the expenses don't want to chip in their own money so they plan to have other posters (the contributors) pay all of the costs.

Why shouldn't potential contributors be given this information? Some posters are trying to ride the backs of contributors and I think that in the interests of full disclosure the potential contributors should be given this information.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Kevin I think you haven't been around long enough to know about previous hair congresses.
Before 2014, not a single piece of information was released from the World Hair Congress. Just a couple of photos showing the crowd attending on twitter.

2014 was the first year, we gathered funding and I got to go and interview some key researchers and recorded a whole bunch of presentations. That year was a game changer. We realised Lauster team is still continuing their research despite being silent for 5 years. Cotsarelis is merely a research nuffy with no real interest in releasing a product and Got a whole bunch of info about Replicel, Jahoda’s 3d spheres, etc.

In 2015, Hellouser got permission to sit down and do one on one interviews with the top researchers in the field and brought back a whole host of information previously not known. We even got to ask some burning questions which were unanswered.

Spencer Kobren running BTT had been saying for years that he is not interested in the Hair Congress because it's too scientific with very little insight into forecasting. But the amount of information we gathered made him regret what he's been saying all along. In 2016, the hammered down hard on preventing us to organise funding to send Hellouser, threads mentioning hair congress were being deleted instantly and accounts were deactivated to stop ppl mentioning the hair congress and that was when we all migrated here.

Having one of us there is definitely worth while especially from now till 2020 as every year from now a promising treatment is about to be released.

Just look back at the amount of info we gathered in the previous years.

Desmond,

Kevin raised the issue that a private thread could be used to only give the information to contributors. What is wrong with that idea? We could set up a private thread and only contributors would get the password. Also, we could set it up so that by requesting a password the contributor agrees not to share the pivate information with non-contributors. There could also be some mechanism to insure compliance so that contributors don't share the information.

The thing is that to some people there's a principle involved in this matter. For example, some people are fine with giving public assistance to people who truly need help but we don't want to give public assistance to people who don't truly need help. To some of us, the people who can afford to chip in but won't do so because they want the information for free at the expense of other posters, are similar to welfare frauds. This situation makes contributors feel like some posters are trying to take advantage of them.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I also think the information should be put into a private thread where only the people who donate can see it. There should also be some mechanism to discourage people who get the information from sharing it with people who didn't contribute.

Please @Admin figure put a way to do this for nameless so he finally just shuts up!

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I missing something here??

What you're missing is that you need to read a little better than that.

I said: I will be busy around that time, so I won't be able to even read any info about it.

You took it as: I'm always too busy, even now.

I said: I don't care about info from something that is coming out in 3-5 years and if something "big" happens there it will be all over the news.

You took it as: I don't care about hair loss why do I even post here.

I will let you go over my 2 posts again with a clearer head and try not to manipulate anything I said into what you want it to mean, this time try to comprehend a little better. The whole "why do you post here" thing that members tell other members sounds very obnoxious. You don't own the forum so stop asking others what's their motives of posting here.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I am more than willing to contribute, Hellouser is brilliant and these treatments show great promise.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys -

I know you all think im rich. But that is absolutely not the case. As of January 2016 I took out a $25,000 paypal loan and cashed in over $100,000 of personal savings to try and fix this site, cover the monthly bills, and hire experts to help me mediate a spam attack in 2014 that destroyed our Google rankings. When that happened all of the traffic coming to the home page disappeared, and 100% of the site income died. Instantly.

I've lived on loans and savings for the last year and a half to cover personal and business expenses. All the money that trickles into the business bank account from this seemingly massive website, immediately gets swallowed up by expenses.

And here we are - literally the biggest, highest trafficked hair loss site on the entire internet, and people in this industry are too cheap to pay us what we are worth. That's the part that kills me. There are niche websites with 1/6th our traffic charging $1200 a month to Hair Transplant surgeons for nothing more than the ability to post on their forums. Yet their forums are practically dead compared to HairLossTalk.com. Somehow, we still get snubbed by many in the industry, while others refuse to pay even 1/4 that to participate here. This is because they have never asked for traffic stats from those websites, and therefore have no idea how much HairLossTalk.com Forums dominate in this regard. Either that, or they don't understand how value is calculated online in the first place.

But that's just our forums. Very high traffic. What we really could use right now are backlinks to the site. To everything EXCEPT the forum pages. If you have a blog, run a few websites, or anything like this and want to help this site get back to where it once was, we could sure use some backlinks to the home page with the term "hair loss" as the link text. But it can't be done fake or fraudulently. It needs to be included as part of a genuine honest article, comment, or blog of some sort, intending to provide value to your users. That's very important.

In any case, because of all this, my residual income has been at nearly zero. I haven't had a single penny to donate more to this trip.

Nevertheless, I remain hopeful that this will turn around long before November, and I can literally just pay for the whole remaining amount. I do understand fully the obligation I have to do that, if Hellouser is going to be kind enough to let HairLossTalk.com host the information he gets.

My contribution to the Miami conference was well over $1,000 if I remember correctly. And nobody needed to ask me to do it. So I am embarrassed that everyone thinks I'm just being a cheapskate and need to point out my obligation to kick in more. Trust me I know.

Again, anyone with blogs, established websites, or anything out there - if you could send me a message, I would be forever grateful to you for some sort of content sharing situation that might include a link to HairLossTalk if you find it a valuable resource.

You have NOT been a cheapskate at all. You have been a very kind gentleman by chipping in $150 already. You have nothing to feel badly about.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
@nameless Your posts have moved me, and because of your posts......I'm going to contribute exactly 1 penny which is $0.01 to the Japan Fund. Your welcome friend :)

Your credit card will charge a fee for running the card and that cost could come out of the fund so if you donate 1 penny you may actually cause money to come out of the fund.

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's still a fee. If you run one penny you could actually cause money to come out of the fund. And the money that comes out of the fund wouldn't go to you, it would go to the VISA company or Mastercard company.

tough marbles. I'm only donating a penny. A donation is a donation. With my donation I will get access to information/content if the Japan Trip becomes available to donators first before everyone else