Wayne Rooney’s bald cure

GeminiX

Reaction score

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hmm, I get the feeling he has'nt done much research. I dont see how he'll be able to get away with the post op downtime. But worst of all I can imagine that this is one of the most notoriously bad clinics in the UK. Most of them do consults in Harley street to try and gain some credibility. I can imagine some salesman giving him all the spiel and promising him a head of hair like Steve Gerrard.

Just goes to show though even the UK's biggest name in football earning £300,000 a week is still self conscious enough about losing his hair to resort to surgery.

GeminiX

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Just goes to show though even the UK's biggest name in football earning £300,000 a week is still self conscious enough about losing his hair to resort to surgery.

I was thinking the same thing, I think we care about our image even we *know* other people don't.

TF2009

Reaction score
He's just posted on Twitter:

'Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not. I'm delighted with the result'

I wonder how much he paid, and why would he be delighted with the result already - I thought it would take time to see the results!

TF2009

Reaction score
And another one:

'It's still a bit bruised and swollen when it dies down u will be the first to see it. Anyone recommend any good hair gel. Haha'

GeminiX

Reaction score
Seems he did have a transplant so we can forgive the had and hood considering what he just went though :)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The (surprisingly kind in this case) Daily Mail reckon he's had an FUE treatment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... linic.html

you'd have to think this Harley St place had their best surgeon on the case as their reputation is on the line with such a high profile candidate. So maybe Rooney will get a good result. He is about NW5 now, something like what Jason Gardner was able to get should be ideal.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I *think* I kinda know one of the technicians who did the procedure (something I read on Facebook leads me to add 2+2 together, though I maybe be making 6).

If so, he's had a good job and should have a good result.

I'll be gutted if he has a bad result :)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Loving that they have a pic of him coming out of the place with a cap on and hoodie pulled up ...what are the chances there is a paparazzi camped outside these places 24/7?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Well, it is Harley street and between there, Wimpole street and Great Portland Street there are often paps nearby; that being said I suspect (as I think you do) that it's more than likely the result of a tip-off :)

I'm in that area about once a month, I wonder if I can get myself papped if I go around with a hoodie pulled tight and rush into the back of a car when ever I see someone on a motorbike?

s.a.f

Reaction score
'Delighted with the result' after 1 day :whistle:
Theres alot of speculation that those twitter posts are just him joking because of the fuss that's been caused. (ie he's hoping that the papers jump on this and then he can come out later and say they got it wrong and have the last laugh)

And yeah for a guy like him to have gone to some unknown Harley street clinic = disaster waiting to happen.

Did anyone see the program on the UK transform clinic featuring a couple of their hair transplant's on thursday? The results were unsuprisingly shite, and this is what I'd expect Rooney to recieve.

If he has had one I can see this as ending up with a bad outcome and he'll probably resort to shaving it down again.

s.a.f

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Well, it is Harley street and between there, Wimpole street and Great Portland Street there are often paps nearby; that being said I suspect (as I think you do) that it's more than likely the result of a tip-off :)

Someone at that clinic will have pocketed about £1000 for making a quick call to the suns press office. And the added publicity they'll get from this does'nt hurt them either.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm concerned that his expectations might be too high, fingers crossed though.

s.a.f

Reaction score
He's really getting some stick about this from football fans online.
The comedians will be having a feild day.
He might be a ridiculously overpaid idiot but I feel sorry for him, obviously to have resorted to surgery this must be the biggest issue he has in life. However everything else thats happend to him in life he's brought upon himself (just like Giggsn and all the others).

But I still think this will end about as well as Stephen Irelands venture into wearing a wig.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I heard from my technician friend that it was a procedure over two days.

Perhaps I'm getting my wires crossed as I'm now reading that Wayne was only there for a few hours which as we both know is no-where near enough to even make a visible difference for him.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I'm in that area about once a month, I wonder if I can get myself papped if I go around with a hoodie pulled tight and rush into the back of a car when ever I see someone on a motorbike?
Wear the shades in your av and walk with a brisk pace.."Mystery Woman Makes Quick Getaway After Secret Op", yep I can see the headline now.

I dont think I could sleep at night if my job was to sit in a car all day outside hair transplant surgeries with a long lens. Dreadful stuff.

Re: Rooney, well he's missing from the England team today so has definitely had *something* done, you do hope he's not being too naive with his expectations looking at some of those tweets

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hmmm, is someone here winding me up?
I've just had a comment on my website from "MUFC10" lol

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
This is huge. I thought most surgeons would say no to a Norwood 3/4 at 25.

The important question is what is the name of the clinic?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
It is big news as he's a massive publi figure here. If it works then I'm sure more and more people will consider the surgery and it might even become more acceptable.

s.a.f

Reaction score
reckless said:
It is big news as he's a massive publi figure here. If it works then I'm sure more and more people will consider the surgery and it might even become more acceptable.

Possibly, then again Rooneys reputation is of being a complete dickhead and the media just love to attack him. So if this is anything short of spectacular (which it wont be) then I doubt it will enhance his reputation in a positive way.

@GeminiX so was it Strip or FUE?