Was Cured For 2 Years (spironolactone + dutasteride), But Now Looking For A New Cure

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with 50mg ED and upped it to 75mg after 2 weeks and 2 weeks after that to 100mg. I used dutasteride 0,5mg ED too
Bro Do you check your potassium and calium every month? Because high potassium in Serum is very dangerous to the heart

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you Ever going to hop on estrogen?

I would but im sure that no doctor would prescribe it to me. Also you can't order drugs online without prescription in here.

Bro Do you check your potassium and calium every month? Because high potassium in Serum is very dangerous to the heart

Couple times in a year. I avoid eating potassium rich food like bananas. No problems so far.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would but im sure that no doctor would prescribe it to me. Also you can't order drugs online without prescription in here.

Couple times in a year. I avoid eating potassium rich food like bananas. No problems so far.

To be honest, is avoiding banana's even that hard for some people? I find the texture of bananas nasty!

Anyway, when did you begin seeing noticeable results?

French Touch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Quineapig. A very interesting thread. Let me ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind:
1. Did you get some face feminization? Do you notice something? Voice changing?
2. I consider taking spironolactone. Of course i don’t wanna have any sides. So i am planning to increase my dosage very very slowly and use it every other day. Beginning with 100mg i want to add 10mg of tamoxifen to prevent gyno.
What do you think? Will it work, if i take it every other day?

My regime can be like this:
first two weeks - 25mg every other day
next two weeks - 50mg every other day
2-5th month - 100mg with 10mg of tamoxifen eod
6th month and more - 150-200mg with 10mg of tamoxifen eod
Based on the results I can change the regime in the process.

Can this regime be effective?

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, is avoiding banana's even that hard for some people? I find the texture of bananas nasty!

Anyway, when did you begin seeing noticeable results?

I don't like bananas either, so not a big deal
I answered to this couple posts ago:

At about 1 month mark I started feeling less tingling, oiliness and less hairloss. Then like 2-3 months in I started seeing small strands in the areas that were complete bald before.
You will have accelerated loss in the beginning tho, like in other drugs. No pain no gain.

Last edited:

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Quineapig. A very interesting thread. Let me ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind:
1. Did you get some face feminization? Do you notice something? Voice changing?
2. I consider taking spironolactone. Of course i don’t wanna have any sides. So i am planning to increase my dosage very very slowly and use it every other day. Beginning with 100mg i want to add 10mg of tamoxifen to prevent gyno.
What do you think? Will it work, if i take it every other day?

My regime can be like this:
first two weeks - 25mg every other day
next two weeks - 50mg every other day
2-5th month - 100mg with 10mg of tamoxifen eod
6th month and more - 150-200mg with 10mg of tamoxifen eod
Based on the results I can change the regime in the process.

Can this regime be effective?

Herro, no problem.

1. No. Not at all. Only better skin texture, got rid off my acne and slower body/beard hair growth.

2. Sounds good but spironolactones half time is only 1,4h. I take half of my dose in the morning and other half in the middle of the day so it keeps my receptors blocked most of the time. I guess your way works too and gives you results but it could be less effective. Its good to start with tho, so you can try how it affects you and you avoid gyno.
I personally wouldn't use any gyno blockers because they usually don't work like they should. Some people have been reporting accelerating hairloss with them.

French Touch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Herro, no problem.

1. No. Not at all. Only better skin texture, got rid off my acne and slower body/beard hair growth.

2. Sounds good but spironolactones half time is only 1,4h. I take half of my dose in the morning and other half in the middle of the day so it keeps my receptors blocked most of the time. I guess your way works too and gives you results but it could be less effective. Its good to start with tho, so you can try how it affects you and you avoid gyno.
I personally wouldn't use any gyno blockers because they usually don't work like they should. Some people have been reporting accelerating hairloss with them.
Thanks for your answer Quineapig. It really helped me!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't like bananas either, so not a big deal
I answered to this couple posts ago:

Yeah, I did some research and the hairs which shed are the hairs which are currently in the telogen phase (10 - 15% of hairs are in the telogen phase so if you have 100,000 hairs on your head, 10,000 to 15,000 will shed in a short period of time). I am fearful of the dread shed as I go on holiday in mid-may, but I'll just hope for the best!

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hola Quineapig como esta tu cabello actualmente? tienes fotos
Estoy usando un régimen de iguales a la tuya de flutamida 500 mg en lugar de espironolactona ... finasteride 1 mg y dutasterida 0.5 mg
¿Que tal vez mi pelo en la corona?
video:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all. I'm not sure how oral spironolactone can "fail". When you pretty much castrate yourself chemically and get rid of male hormones, how can you "not" regrow hair?

Secondly, I don't see how dutasteride could "fail", especially with 0.5mg ED. That regimen has maintained my hair for a decade.

Are you sure you sticked with these regimens long enough?

BTW Accutante acne treatment can cause balding. Just so you know.

Why do you "think"? You know you can do blood tests for both DHT and Test? Why did you not do that before, during and after treatment to really see which ones of them are effective? A logical thing would be to take finasteride/dutasteride and then measure changes in DHT and T levels. If you see greatly reduced DHT it means you won't be losing hair. I fail to understand how you could have went through all of those treatments and never did this basic thing.
Spironolactone alone doesn't cause chemical castration. I am on 400 mg spironolactone, can produce sperm, but no results so far.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quineapig, How are you, my friend? Any improvement with you new regimen?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long before you saw full results of spironolactone and dutasteride? not just small hairs popping through but thick hair? im currently taking duta, oral and topical minoxidil, needling...thinking of addiding spironolactone to the mix, just want to know what to expect.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am about to start on sprionolactone 200 mg, i plan on cutting it to work my way up, but im going to have my labs done, the dr wants 1200 dollars for everything, is that a bit much ? i will have to go back every three months to make sure everything is fine. ima cross my fingers.

Quineapig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quineapig, How are you, my friend? Any improvement with you new regimen?

Sry, I've been busy for while again. Im maintaining, hairloss hasn't progressed. I got nice short haircut couple days ago and it looks good :)I might post some pic next week.

I'm going to order derminator in couple weeks and try how it works.

How long before you saw full results of spironolactone and dutasteride? not just small hairs popping through but thick hair? im currently taking duta, oral and topical minoxidil, needling...thinking of addiding spironolactone to the mix, just want to know what to expect.

It kept getting better all the time and I think at 1 - 1,5 year mark it was full results. I never used needling nor oral minoxidil so you might get even better results.

i am about to start on sprionolactone 200 mg, i plan on cutting it to work my way up, but im going to have my labs done, the dr wants 1200 dollars for everything, is that a bit much ? i will have to go back every three months to make sure everything is fine. ima cross my fingers.

For me at the moment labs and doctors appointment cost just 15€/once per year and pills are like 8€/month. I did go to private doctor and lab couple times wich cost like 300€ total. So yeah 1200$ is crazy price in my opinion :D

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like we're about to start the same program. Dutas and spironolactone are a huge leap for me. Shoud we use estro blockers for gyno or take the wait and see approach? May even bring back oral min low dose for the 6 or 7th time