Violet Ray Device Ancient Hair Loss Studies

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this ancient research on increasing scalp circulation with high frequency electricity to metabolize cells, produce nitric oxide, oxygen and circulation in treating hair loss.

ELECTRICAL
HAIR GROWING
“Study of the descent of man and of embryology shows that our ancestors wereentirely covered with hair, as are the anthropoid apes. According to Darwin, thegradual disappearance of hair is due to repulsion felt by women toward hairy men;that is, to sexual selection.”
Monthly cyclopaedia of practical medicine and universal medical journal 1898
“Mary Butler, aged 86, living in Eagle-street, Red-Lion square, having been afflictedwith the sciatica for more than twenty years, was last month electrified ten or twelvetimes, and has been easy ever since. It seems the electric fire in cases of this and
of many other kinds, dilates the minute vessels, and capillary passages, as well asseparates the clogging particles of the stagnating fluids. By accelerating likewise themotion of the blood, it removes many obstructions.”

Desideratum John Wesley 1871
Stephane Leduc used an electrical current to plant zinc ions inthe skin of a rabbit. This induced a strong growth of hair. There is atheory that a lack of hair is a result of too much hormone or too littleblood supply. Perhaps hair loss is a lack of scalp minerals, and theelectrical current replaced them.
Lewis Jones treated a husband and wife who both suffered frompatchy alopecia. This may have resulted from a microorganism onegave the other. The ionic implanting of zinc cured them both.
Dr. H. Marques treated a number of patients with zinc ions. Heplaced pads with a 2% solution of zinc chloride over the bald patchesand used the negative pole. He administered three treatments a week,increasing the current to 15 ma. Hair began to appear in about eightdays. One patient had no hair at all on his scalp. He began to sproutnew hair 12 days after the ion treatment. About half of Marques’cases treated with zinc had hair regrowth.
In 1893, Paul Oudin treated a case of hair loss due to syphilis.There were separate tufts of hair over the head of the patient. Oudinused three violet ray treatments a week given over a period of fourmonths, and most of the hair regenerated.

Henri Bordier was the next to treat hair loss with violet ray equip-ment. He used an Oudin device to irritate the scalp for four to fiveminutes. He then applied a shower of tiny painless sparks, whichproduced intense redness and then a slight crust. He would apply finesparks for 20-30 seconds at one place. This would result in crusts, andwhen they flaked off, new pink skin gradually became brownish. Thiswas followed by the appearance of white hair, which darkened andbecame normal in nine months.
Demetrios Vassilides reported that he had cured 14 cases ofbaldness with electricity. He cured a mild case in a month, but somecases required 16 months. He noted that the hair often changed to adarker color. It took longer to restore the color than to overcome thebald spots. Nine of the men began to grow hair within five months oftreatment. One man didn’t have a single hair on his head for the lastten years, but it began to grow with continued treatment.
A young physician applied violet ray currents to the bald patcheson his head until they were bright red. He treated them three timesa week for three weeks. The patches became smaller and fine hairsbegan to grow in at the edges. He continued with two treatments aweek for two months, and his hair became completely normal.
A German woman who worked as a domestic servant had fall-ing hair and extreme dryness. In order to save what little hair thatremained, high-frequency currents were applied to her scalp. A fewweeks later, there was definite growth on the right and left sides. Thenew hair was shiny when compared with the surrounding hair. Thetwo patches expanded and merged into each other; eventually theentire scalp appeared normal.
In 1919, a 40-year-old woman came to Samuel Sloan for treat-ment. She didn’t have a single hair on her head, and no eyebrowsand eyelashes. She had gone to a number of prominent doctors andreceived no help. Dr. Sloan gave her 12 treatments with the violetray until her skin became red and slightly tender. She was told to rubhazeline cream into the scalp and return after four weeks.
When she returned, she was still completely bald. Another 12treatments were given. She returned three months after the treatmentswith several patches of dark hairs on her head. Her eyebrow and eye-

lashes of her left eye were beginning to grow. Another 12 treatmentswere given, her scalp covered with fine hair and her eyebrows andeyelashes started to return to normal. Soon she had a full head of hair.
George McKee used a version of the violet ray invented by HenryPiffard. He found its stimulation increased blood supply and resis-tance to germ invasion. It left hyperemia lasting for hours.
The hair of a 25-year-old woman began to fall out at an alarm-ing rate. She was treated with capsicum, cantharides, castor oil andalcohol without results. After five weeks of violet ray treatment, newhair began to grow.
A 20-year-old woman suffered from seborrhea for several years.Her hair was falling out, and she was treated with the usual methodswithout result. Treatment continued irregularly until her hair wasthick and steadily growing in length.
A 40-year-old man had very thin hair over the front of the headand a sparse growth at the top. He was given violet ray treatment forsix months, but nothing happened. He decided to give up the treat-ment, but then a heavy growth of coarse white hair made its appear-ance. After ten months, he had a good growth of normal hair.
Nobel Eberhart treated a woman with vibration and the violet rayfor hair falling out. She had numerous gray hairs, and wanted thempulled, but she didn’t get it done. After weeks of treatment, Eberhartnoticed that they were gone. The violet ray had turned them black.
Eberhart treated a case of lupus six days a week. He targeted astubborn patch near the ear, which resulted in a patch of dark brownhair in the patient’s gray hair. He believed that the gray was a result ofdisturbed nutrition.
The violet ray began to be used in beauty shops for treating hair.In the 1920s a version known as Roger’s Vitalator began to appearin barbershops for treating dandruff and bald patches. The AmericanHairdresser noted: “Wonderful results have been obtained in the useof the Violetta, and many cases of gray hair restoration have beenreported. The Violetta tends to revolutionize the whole profession.Dandruff was reported to disappear under the treatments.”
The Marvel Violet Ray Company had this testimonial in its book-let. “I have had one of your violet ray outfits for about three monthsand have found it very satisfactory for every ailment that I have tried

- - - Updated - - -

it on. I have been using this instrument on a neighbor that has beenbald for about 15 years and present indications show a good growthof hair.”
Almost no work has been done since 1930 on the use of electrici-ty to grow hair. One trial was reported with a pulsed electrostatic fieldon the hair. Group A began with a hair count of 91 in a one-inchcircular area of the head. Group B wasn’t treated, and the hair contentdcreased from decreased from 111 to 91, although these measure-ments are uncertain. In the group with a pulsed electrostatic field,83% showed an increase in hair count.
Electricity was also used to remove hair. In 1875, Dr. CharlesMichel used electrolysis to remove hair. In 1882, George Fox intro-duced the use of a fine needle alongside of the hair follicle to removehair. The operator uses slightly more voltage according to the thick-ness of the hair. There is a stinging pain when the current is passing,but most people can take this without problems. Fine pale hairs aremore difficult to remove permanently. It is essential to have good lightduring the treatment to see the fine hairs. Steel electrodes cannot beused, for they leave black marks. A short piece of sharp platinum wireis attached to the positive pole. The electrical procedure leaves tinyscars with each hair.

Bibliography
Journals in this bibliography are in alphabetic order. Most large medical librariesshelve them in this manner. All foreign titles of articles have been translated for thebenefit of my English readers. The authors of books are listed after the journals.
Alienist and Neurologist 7:254, 1886 “Alopecia the Results of Lesions of the Trophic NerveCenter – Relieved by the Use of Electricity” G.W. Overall
American Journal of Clinical Medicine 16:1211, 1909 “Effects of High-Frequency Currenton Gray Hair” N. Eberhart
Archives of Radiology and Electric 24:357, 1920
Archives d’Eléctricité Médicale 9:193, 1901 “Treatment of Baldness with the Currents of

High-Frequency” H. Bordier
Archives d’Eléctricité Médicale 20:207, 1912 “Treatment of Baldness with the Zinc Ion” H.

Marques
International Journal of Dermatology 29:446, 1990 “The Biological Effects of a Pulsed Elec-

trostatic Field with Specific Reference to Hair” W.S. Maddin, et al.
Journal of the American Medical Association 83:971, 1924 “Electricity in Dermatology”

E.D. Chipman
New York Medical Journal 84:180, 1906 “The High-Frequency Spark in the Treatment of

Premature Alopecia” G. McKee

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Ionic zinc being used over a 100 years ago to treat baldness and it's resurfaced again. :p

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Ionic zinc being used over a 100 years ago to treat baldness and it's resurfaced again. :p

Yea it's crazy all this stuff was supposedly documented and it cured them of hair loss yet it disappears and resurfaces. No one ever did a study on it since 1930's. I'm doing it with dermarolling and will report results. I am big on alternative treatments rather than drugs. Your supposed to use the device

• Violet ray treatment (20-25 times) to scalp, spine, scapula, umbilical area for a total of five to ten minutes on a daily basis. Ultraviolet ray treatments may be used instead, this done every third day, limiting treatment to scalp and spine for three to five minutes for 20-25 treatments.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
Quack medicine. I wouldn't be surprised if Youcandoit and BeliefISKEY were both selling these useless antiques on ebay.

K

karankaran

What in the world! THE REASON WHY NO one investigated Violet ray devices after 1930's is because it was nothing but a giant quackery! AND SO IF EVERYBODY KNOWS, IN 1930s VIOLET RAYS WERE TOUTED AS A CURE FOR FOLLOWING DISEASES:

1) nerve disorders
2) skin problems
3) circulation problems
4) arthritis
5) reproductive disorders
6) prostate disease
7) rickets
and the list goes on and on!

There were certain companies who claimed the cure for all these diseases using a violet ray machine. This stuff still flourishes on the internet including sadly here and those who point it out are called out as representing vested interests. This is the modus operandi of these people for the past 100 YEARS! Just like the UNLIMITED PERPETUAL ENERGY MACHINES that exist on internet and have been suppressed by corporations!

I have always believed that we are going backwards in time and even people post 1930s had a better sense and understanding of things than we do currently. Hence, this technology was thrown in the dustbins of history and this is where it belongs.-

NOT Every experimental treatment has basis in reality!

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to look up the violet ray as an alternative treatment and add on even though I had briefly looked it up before, but I am looking at LLT treatment so I might as well consider this also, one of my my 1st thoughts is cost vs effectiveness so I look it up on ebay and even most of the ones for sale mention Quack. not a good sales tactic. no real new technological developments either. You would think china would be all over a chance for a new item to sell to americans.
having done a little more research my take is why not do LLT therapy instead, at least LLT is a little more proven despite a 100 yr head start. If something works it will stick around. That being said, if can get one for cheap enough I would give it a shot but wouldn't spend much $ on it

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...at the end of the day, what is needed is to electrically stimulate the scalp to get a deep massage and the juice's flowing...LLT is very subtle at 650nm...this violet ray needs to be more powerful to get some zip going...

Jacob

Reaction score
...at the end of the day, what is needed is to electrically stimulate the scalp to get a deep massage and the juice's flowing...LLT is very subtle at 650nm...this violet ray needs to be more powerful to get some zip going...

I'm trying to decide whether or not that Teslabrush is worth pursuing..this is from their site:

The TESLABRUSHâ„¢ generates short bipolar electrical impulses, which closely resemble the physiological bio-currents. These impulses cause minimal disturbance of normal cellular functioning while activating an optimal amount of nervous tissue. Underlying this process is the excitation of the thin peptidergic C-fibres resulting in the release of a high dose of neuropeptides, essential for overcoming the disturbance to be reversed. Electrical impulses produced by other devices are not only perceived as intrusions but lack the ability to significantly excite the C-fibres. Poor hair growth or hair loss is a result of disturbed functioning of the follicles and the surrounding skin. This noninvasive process aims to bring the system back into homeostasis which is experienced as a cessation of hair loss or the promotion of hair growth. In summary it can be said that the unique electrical stimuli motivate the intelligence of the physical body to bring about the restoration of the original condition

He's said this elsewhere, and yes- keep in mind..he is selling something:

The Violet Ray is the forefather of all electrical stimulators. Modern devices including the Teslabrush are derivatives of this initial idea of Nikola Tesla. Technological advances have refined today's electrically stimulating devices. The Teslabrush is using the most modern techniques to achieve its objective. The difference between the Vilolet Ray and the Teslabrush is twofold. First of all the Teslabrush uses no electrical contacts or wires to achieve its objective because it transmits the stimuli via an electric field. Therefore the device is extemely safe and can be used anywhere. Secondly the Teslabrush modulates its output in order for the nerves not to be able to get used to a repetitive pattern which generally reduces the long term effectiveness of the device. This is not possible with the Violet Ray and therefore the Teslabrush is more effective. An important issue is that the Violet Ray and its derivatives most of which are imported from China are not allowed to be sold because they violate regulatory requirements for safety and interference. If these devices get popular the authorities will get them off the market. The Teslabrush meets the very stringent requirements for medical devices and is manufactured in Canada. The device is meant for may years of use which cannot be said of the Violet Ray.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Quack medicine. I wouldn't be surprised if Youcandoit and BeliefISKEY were both selling these useless antiques on ebay.

I don't care what you think, you should stay out of discussion if it doesn't fit your belief system. There is a science behind it, electricity charges cells, delivers oxygen, increase circulation, reduces inflammation, calms nerves, if you tried it you wouldn't be talking, it energizes your body in slight euphoria, you can feel the electricity in your body. Go quack in another thread they are still used by dermatologist to treat acne and psoriasis

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me the violet ray produces 20k -50k volts at a frequency of 500khz, you can feel and see the electricity when using it. You can feel it up to half hour later especially in feet, your body is a conductor

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't care what you think, you should stay out of discussion if it doesn't fit your belief system.

You are in NO position to be telling people what discussions to be taking part in.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to look up the violet ray as an alternative treatment and add on even though I had briefly looked it up before, but I am looking at LLT treatment so I might as well consider this also, one of my my 1st thoughts is cost vs effectiveness so I look it up on ebay and even most of the ones for sale mention Quack. not a good sales tactic. no real new technological developments either. You would think china would be all over a chance for a new item to sell to americans
having done a little more research my take is why not do LLT therapy instead, at least LLT is a little more proven despite a 100 yr head start. If something works it will stick around. That being said, if can get one for cheap enough I would give it a shot but wouldn't spend much $ on it

Llt will not create as much circulation as electricity, and oxygen, etc. I got mine for $30 on ebay, google darsonval, make sure you get correct version ones for uk and other for us has to do with electric plugs.

- - - Updated - - -

What in the world! THE REASON WHY NO one investigated Violet ray devices after 1930's is because it was nothing but a giant quackery! AND SO IF EVERYBODY KNOWS, IN 1930s VIOLET RAYS WERE TOUTED AS A CURE FOR FOLLOWING DISEASES:

1) nerve disorders
2) skin problems
3) circulation problems
4) arthritis
5) reproductive disorders
6) prostate disease
7) rickets
and the list goes on and on!

There were certain companies who claimed the cure for all these diseases using a violet ray machine. This stuff still flourishes on the internet including sadly here and those who point it out are called out as representing vested interests. This is the modus operandi of these people for the past 100 YEARS! Just like the UNLIMITED PERPETUAL ENERGY MACHINES that exist on internet and have been suppressed by corporations!

I have always believed that we are going backwards in time and even people post 1930s had a better sense and understanding of things than we do currently. Hence, this technology was thrown in the dustbins of history and this is where it belongs.-

NOT Every experimental treatment has basis in reality!

This is the same technology tesla used that the government hid to not allow free energy, tesla was a genius go somewhere else instead of starting an argument trying to make someone look bad,

- - - Updated - - -

You are in NO position to be telling people what discussions to be taking part in.
You are not in a position to be telling people what they should not be doing. It makes no sense to comment negative if you have no business discussing something cause you don't believe in it, simply tell your ego to go to a thread you believe in.

this forum would work better if members aren't interested in something will not comment there :bravo:

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't care what you think, you should stay out of discussion if it doesn't fit your belief system. There is a science behind it, electricity charges cells, delivers oxygen, increase circulation, reduces inflammation, calms nerves, if you tried it you wouldn't be talking, it energizes your body in slight euphoria, you can feel the electricity in your body. Go quack in another thread they are still used by dermatologist to treat acne and psoriasis

Here lies the point. You regard this as a belief issue, when in fact it is a scientific one. You claim that there is evidence behind this --- well then post studies from reputable peer reviewed scientific journals. Prove it.

Youcandoit said:
This is the same technology tesla used that the government hid to not allow free energy, tesla was a genius go somewhere else instead of starting an argument trying to make someone look bad,

No one is trying to make you look bad --- you are doing that to yourself with this free energy government conspiracy nonsense.

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Here lies the point. You regard this as a belief issue, when in fact it is a scientific one. You claim that there is evidence behind this --- well then post studies from reputable peer reviewed scientific journals. Prove it.

No one is trying to make you look bad --- you are doing that to yourself with this free energy government conspiracy nonsense.

If you cannot contribute and want to argue please leave

K

karankaran

WOW, when i made that free energy analogy, it was supposed to draw a parallel with the culture of conspiracy theories that exist on the internet. Never mind!

PS: If free energy could work, all of physics will be negated and a lot of modern inventions would not be possible. But they do work. So, either the reality is not real or your imagination is not real. I will not pick one because that might offend you.

BTW, the science of electro-therapy SHOULD NOT be confused with a belief in the tall claims of violet ray devices. I mean if I do not believe that violet ray devices work, that does not mean I believe that electrotherapy does not work.

mungyana

Reaction score
Youcandoit my friend, you have to learn to ignore them. Just ignore, do not response and keep experimenting and reporting. I have a feeling that whatever you post and propose as hair loss treatment will only be questioned and get attacked. They are here to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt.

K

karankaran

So , anyone who questions the validity of theories just because they have been debunked a century ago is spreading "fear and doubt"!! Makes sense!!!

BTW, THere are tens of possible experimental treatments backed by real science listed on :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_treatment_of_androgenic_alopecia

If you explore one of the treatments backed by credible scientific research, you can waive that in our faces.

But if something has been verified as not to be true and it is only talked about as a conspiracy theory, there are going to be critics and rightly so!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So , anyone who questions the validity of theories just because they have been debunked a century ago is spreading "fear and doubt"!! Makes sense!!!

BTW, THere are tens of possible experimental treatments backed by real science listed on :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_treatment_of_androgenic_alopecia

If you explore one of the treatments backed by credible scientific research, you can waive that in our faces.

But if something has been verified as not to be true and it is only talked about as a conspiracy theory, there are going to be critics and rightly so!

There isn't much that ISN'T listed on that site as far as hairloss crap goes....jeezus, just throw everything at it...

...now I don't know if this Violet Ray will work....BUT, increasing blood flow to the scalp is ESSENTIAL and no better way to do it than by MANUAL, PHYSICAL activity...So whether it's the VR or a TENS machine or manual massage, it has made sense to me for a very long time that zapping your scalp to get the juices flowing WILL help matters, especially now that we have DR as the high-end instigator at the root for our treatments...

...if this VR does make your scalp go red, then on some levels I think this thing very well could be as good a thing as any to get manual scalp manipulation going...

..just saying...

K

karankaran

There isn't much that ISN'T listed on that site as far as hairloss crap goes....jeezus, just throw everything at it...

...now I don't know if this Violet Ray will work....BUT, increasing blood flow to the scalp is ESSENTIAL and no better way to do it than by MANUAL, PHYSICAL activity...So whether it's the VR or a TENS machine or manual massage, it has made sense to me for a very long time that zapping your scalp to get the juices flowing WILL help matters, especially now that we have DR as the high-end instigator at the root for our treatments...

...if this VR does make your scalp go red, then on some levels I think this thing very well could be as good a thing as any to get manual scalp manipulation going...

..just saying...

There is a lot which is written that has not been explored. How many people have used and stuck with most of the experimental treatments listed there. And by that, I do not mean ALL , at least a few of them.

Anyways, we all have our idea about what an ideal treatment would look like. And sometimes we are biased because the picture it presents to us appeals to us.
The only sure way to separate reality from our imagination : studies published or explored by scientific journals. And that is why i sent that wikipage link because every potential treatment has a study referenced to it and it shows some credible backing. On the other hand, VR devices have been completely discredited for decades.

Anyways, forget it! I am outta here! People will do what they got to do!