Very Rapid Miniaturization And Hair Shed

AnaK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced very fast miniaturization of a follicle? I am talking one hair cycle. Back at the end of October, my derm asked me to collect my hair for an examination for a month. My hair bulbs back then looked fine, and my biopsy showed normal follicles. Flashforward to the beginning of January, my hair bulbs are basically so small, it is hard to see them on my fallen hair. I have no idea why it is so fast, has anyone experienced that?

VJ6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi AnaK, I think i've seen this too. The white bulbs on my fallen hair are tinier these days and sometimes almost non-existent. Breakage possibly? How did you figure out this was due to miniaturization?

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced very fast miniaturization of a follicle? I am talking one hair cycle. Back at the end of October, my derm asked me to collect my hair for an examination for a month. My hair bulbs back then looked fine, and my biopsy showed normal follicles. Flashforward to the beginning of January, my hair bulbs are basically so small, it is hard to see them on my fallen hair. I have no idea why it is so fast, has anyone experienced that?

I have this, that's how and why my hair is balding so fast and aggressively. No answers as to why my miniaturization process is so short, but I can keep tabs on it easily because I have bangs and can clearly see I lose full length bang hairs that are thick and long, yet they only grow back colorless and about 1-2cm AFTER ONE CYCLE! Androgenetic Alopecia is not always a slow process. No idea what is happening, even my DHT was flagged too low...so clearly DHT is not the only culprit at play or I just have a super duper ultra sensitivity to even minuscule amounts....which seems unlikely. I have diffuse hair loss and Norwood pattern, I'm about a Norwood 3 now, but this time last year I was like a Norwood 2 and last Spring/early Summer (2018) I was a Norwood 1.5 and no one took my hair loss seriously. My hair bulbs are also small and almost invisible. I also have acquired progressive kinking of the hair, which has been linked to aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia...soooo makes sense. I had a Telogen Effluvium that unmasked my Androgenetic Alopecia, the thing that makes zero sense is that my Telogen Effluvium ended a year ago, but I had no regrowth...even with Androgenetic Alopecia, you should have regrowth. Nope, in my case the hair falls out thick and grows back as vellus hair. No miniaturization process, just falls out and then grows back as useless peach fuzz.