Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So... i've been experiencing something weird these past couple of days. I've been microneedling at 1.25mm, once a week, each Sunday. for the past 4 months i've been doing it weekly. Now, when I got to work, i have to walk several blocks. when i go to meetings, i have to leave the office and walk several blocks to a subway station. i find that when i'm in the sun, i feel tingling in my scalp. when i finally reach my destination, and i'm inside a building, the tingling goes away.

anybody else feel this? Is it in my head only? is it my skin now being too sensitive to the sun? am i fucked???

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So... i've been experiencing something weird these past couple of days. I've been microneedling at 1.25mm, once a week, each Sunday. for the past 4 months i've been doing it weekly. Now, when I got to work, i have to walk several blocks. when i go to meetings, i have to leave the office and walk several blocks to a subway station. i find that when i'm in the sun, i feel tingling in my scalp. when i finally reach my destination, and i'm inside a building, the tingling goes away.

anybody else feel this? Is it in my head only? is it my skin now being too sensitive to the sun? am i fucked???
Open-wounds are sensitive to UV rays. You are supposed to avoid sun-exposure for a few days after microneedling because of this, otherwise it's bad for your health.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Open-wounds are sensitive to UV rays. You are supposed to avoid sun-exposure for a few days after microneedling because of this, otherwise it's bad for your health.
yeah, but i gotta walk to work. i have to walk several blocks to get lunch. do i now have to wear a hat each time i go outside? When i go out into the sun, i feel the tingling immediately. When i get to the shade, the tingling goes away pretty quickly. is the effect by UV rays THAT quick?

I thought "avoiding sun exposure" meant avoid being in the sun for hours. I'm talking like 5 or 10 minutes when walking to lunch.

Maybe I should decrease to .8mm. My scalp doesn't even get red at 1.25mm. no bleeding, no redness. and i'm still feeling sensitive to UV rays??

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, but i gotta walk to work. i have to walk several blocks to get lunch. do i now have to wear a hat each time i go outside? When i go out into the sun, i feel the tingling immediately. When i get to the shade, the tingling goes away pretty quickly. is the effect by UV rays THAT quick?

I thought "avoiding sun exposure" meant avoid being in the sun for hours. I'm talking like 5 or 10 minutes when walking to lunch.

Maybe I should decrease to .8mm. My scalp doesn't even get red at 1.25mm. no bleeding, no redness. and i'm still feeling sensitive to UV rays??
Just wear a hat for those 5-10mins, only required for maybe 1-2 days after your microneedling session.
Does 'bad for your health' imply skin cancer??
I think it's just bad for your skin, as it's what I've seen recommended from various sources. I'd assumed there were some negative health consequences too but I think I was mistaken, since i just had another look and couldn't find such a reference.

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my biggest concerns of "Pens" is that there's pretty much no studies done compared to dermarollers, on the lowest reps we're talking 200+ RPM. Rolling across your skin until redness is not the same when you think about it, since the pens do even at the lowest RPM, 200 thrusts per second or so. If you keep it in one spot, i guess since the hole is already there from the first thrusts, it wouldn't matter too much, but if you glide it across the skin, wouldn't t his 'harm' the skin too much compared to a roller? Since you're pretty much making a straight line rather than 'dots'.

They work and are easier to use than the rollers, but i personally would be careful about using them around parts where you still have hair.

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Study July 2022

Effects of microneedling with 5% minoxidil topical solution combination therapy in treatment of androgenetic alopecia​

Conclusion: The combination of the length of 1.5 mm MN and 5% minoxidil in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia showed efficacy with high safety, which is worthy of clinical application.​

I recently got a derminator and started off with 0.75mm after reading this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32897622/

They found 0.6mm was more effective than 1.2mm. Most forum posts I've seen everyone is going deeper but according to this, that's excessive.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can point out the research on most effective depths, but you cannot make it stick around here.
That's because to get the effectiveness of depths of .6mm you need it to be done with professional tools. We use dermapens and stamps and rollers. we can't do what the studies show with our garbage tools, so we have to go deeper.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's because to get the effectiveness of depths of .6mm you need it to be done with professional tools. We use dermapens and stamps and rollers. we can't do what the studies show with our garbage tools, so we have to go deeper.

They were poking shallow needle holes into flat scalp skin. It's not complicated. You can get the density of the Follica research trials if you put the tedious time & effort into it.

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Did another session last night at 0.75mm. Managed 15 mins before my arm needed a rest and managed another 10 min or so after a rest. No idea how people manage an hour though - that was plenty and drew a little blood I could see at the front.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They were poking shallow needle holes into flat scalp skin. It's not complicated. You can get the density of the Follica research trials if you put the tedious time & effort into it.
Their patented device is way more complex than a commercial shitty chinese derma pen that works with a crappy spring oscillation mechanism. Check out their patent. Not to mention the quality of the needles are questionable.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm picturing an explanation on a dating site profile:

"Sorry about the baldness. But it doesn't bother me enough to buy extra needle tools and deal with a tired arm twice a month."

Last edited:

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so... after 4.5 months of weekly needling at 1.25mm and minoxidil every night... i have to say... I HAVEN'T GROWN sh*t. I don't understand all these posts of people with regrowth... are they doctored images??? I MAY have gotten some thickness in some areas. But the huge bald spots are still there. it looks like sh*t, it feels like sh*t.