Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing dermarolling and minoxidil with 1 mm needles for year now, didn't get anything. I think the microneddling is trash that was put forward by some paid ids .thinking to stop it.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing dermarolling and minoxidil with 1 mm needles for year now, didn't get anything. I think the microneddling is trash that was put forward by some paid ids .thinking to stop it.

Rollers are unlikely to work as 192 pin would have to be rolled out completely 1666 times to get the 1600 wounds per cm2 on a average scalp area in a perfect set of passes so would prob need 2000 rolls plus in reality per session

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rollers are unlikely to work as 192 pin would have to be rolled out completely 1666 times to get the 1600 wounds per cm2 on a average scalp area in a perfect set of passes so would prob need 2000 rolls plus in reality per session
1600 wounds per cm2 ??? That would peel the skin of the scalp.

LuckyLuke1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a doubt that I hope you can clarify me. I read that many of you use the dermapen / dermaroller every day and also at high "depths" (> 1mm). I use it at 0.5mm and for about 2 days I have a reddish and slightly painful scalp (obviously it is decreasing and disappears on the second / third day), is it normal?
How do you use it every day?

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1600 wounds per cm2 ??? That would peel the skin of the scalp.

I can't imagine someone trying the dense wounding Follica method with a dermaroller. Not just the head, but think about the arm, how much work that is.

My first try was a 1.5 roller and knew right away it wasn't gonna work out for me. It was awkward to use and it doesn't at all go 1.5 mm into the skin. Here and there, sure. But for the most part you're just kind of massaging your skin. It feels good whereas a dermapen lets you know you're wounding yourself. A roller usually doesn't create precise, dense, deep wounding that is needed to grow hair. You can probably reduce facial lines slightly with it but these things are only gonna be effective for hair growth in people who are unusually responsive to wounding but also do a really good job of it. Considering that you have to throw out these 12.95 things every so many uses you are not even saving money by getting these instead of a $120 pen kit.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't imagine someone trying the dense wounding Follica method with a dermaroller. Not just the head, but think about the arm, how much work that is.

My first try was a 1.5 roller and knew right away it wasn't gonna work out for me. It was awkward to use and it doesn't at all go 1.5 mm into the skin. Here and there, sure. But for the most part you're just kind of massaging your skin. It feels good whereas a dermapen lets you know you're wounding yourself. A roller usually doesn't create precise, dense, deep wounding that is needed to grow hair. You can probably reduce facial lines slightly with it but these things are only gonna be effective for hair growth in people who are unusually responsive to wounding but also do a really good job of it. Considering that you have to throw out these 12.95 things every so many uses you are not even saving money by getting these instead of a $120 pen kit.
Im stunned really one and half months from finding out what the experts know and people still even consider dermarolling a viable option. its would talk 60 to 120mins of non stop rolling

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
after my 20 min session using D1 at 0.75mm on fast setting I have got what feels like a very painful pimple on my scalp. infection?

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Assuming a head width of 1.5 cm and a diameter of 2.0 cm, giving a circumference of 6.3, the total area of a full roll would be 9.45 cm squared. So you would get 20.3 wounds per cm squared on each roll, requiring 80 passes to achieve 1600 wounds per cm squared.

On a 540 pin this would reduce to 28.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im stunned really one and half months from finding out what the experts know and people still even consider dermarolling a viable option. its would talk 60 to 120mins of non stop rolling

There was, like, one Indian looking guy in some study who used a dermaroller and minoxidil or rosemary oil for 3 months, and became less bald — 35% more hair follices, but still horribly bald — and on the strength of this some 20 million of these useless things are sold every year.

HairlineOfGod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys, i'm 6 weeks inside dermarolling.
The first 4 weeks, i used 0.7mm, was bleeding quite much. Not painfull. Nearly 0 result.
So i decided to go for 1.5 mm and i'm beginning to see some results. It's encouraging, but i can't do it every week when i'm at 1.5, i feel that i need at least 10 days to fully recover.
I'll keep you in touch. If i get more result.

PS : I'm using a Dermapen, i read it hurts less and give more results.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys, i'm 6 weeks inside dermarolling.
The first 4 weeks, i used 0.7mm, was bleeding quite much. Not painfull. Nearly 0 result.
So i decided to go for 1.5 mm and i'm beginning to see some results. It's encouraging, but i can't do it every week when i'm at 1.5, i feel that i need at least 10 days to fully recover.
I'll keep you in touch. If i get more result.

PS : I'm using a Dermapen, i read it hurts less and give more results.
With minoxidil?

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick progress update. I took some pictures today and I do feel like there's progress. I know they're somewhat different hair sizes and the angle isn't the same but I tried.

The one marked is from Jan 31. The others are all from today, March 4th.

Attachments

• photostudio_1583333602864.jpg
    photostudio_1583333602864.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20200304_064009_1.jpg
    IMG_20200304_064009_1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_20200304_063955.jpg
    IMG_20200304_063955.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_20200304_063736.jpg
    IMG_20200304_063736.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 437

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Quick progress update. I took some pictures today and I do feel like there's progress. I know they're somewhat different hair sizes and the angle isn't the same but I tried.

I see an improvement. Tell me your regimen and when you started what.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Indeterminate. Either way I would pick up some redensyl product for your case

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

definitely see progress, hairs seem denser and darker. What you doing, in terms of regime?

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What is this new protocol you're talking about ?
Seems to be less deep needling but longer.... This thread is too long !

Where can I find details on this protocol ?

ciao

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been at this for about 4 months now or so.

The last month I changed protocols to wounding .75mm high density for around 90 minutes biweekly. Then the two days afterwards I don't wound, afterwards I do light wounding at .5mm for absorption. I apply minoxdil twice a day. I added some VPA to my minoxdil which I believe is critical to getting results.

The previous months I was doing .5mm daily wounding and 2.0mm biweekly. Also applied minoxidil twice daily.

I also take .5mg of finasteride daily, and shower with Nizoral twice a week.

I sometimes also use my red light therapy device, I think it helps but I know that's debatable.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been at this for about 4 months now or so.

The last month I changed protocols to wounding .75mm high density for around 90 minutes biweekly. Then the two days afterwards I don't wound, afterwards I do light wounding at .5mm for absorption. I apply minoxdil twice a day. I added some VPA to my minoxdil which I believe is critical to getting results.

The previous months I was doing .5mm daily wounding and 2.0mm biweekly. Also applied minoxidil twice daily.

I also take .5mg of finasteride daily, and shower with Nizoral twice a week.

I sometimes also use my red light therapy device, I think it helps but I know that's debatable.
Any good? Where did you get the VPA?