Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kirklandism

Reaction score
If im not mistaken people have been dermarolling for allmost a year or more in this thread. Did anyone came to an early conclusion how good this works and what seems to be the best way to do it? (Depth/frequency/regimen)
I understand its a bit early but im just interested in what people think so far.
For 7 months, I've been on a consistent regimen of weekly wounding (either dermapen at between 1.5 mm and 2.0 mm), dermastamp (1.5 mm) or dermaroller (1.5 mm) plus twice daily of minoxidil. NW6. I've definitely made gains but not really ones that I consider esthetically game changing. I still intend to stick with the plan with no end date in site.

PRM

Reaction score
Yep im one of those originals who started in November. Can confirm it made zero difference, not good or bad. All it did was make my wallet lighter, cost be 10 mins a week and needless pain. The evidence from people who have been on finasteride and minoxidil for AT LEAST 2 years and the ONLY thing they changed is began rolling with decent results are almost non existent.
I'm booked in for transplant, quite lucky as only my crown and temples are bad (no crown bald spot, just thinner) but my midscalp is very thick, so 4000 grafts will sort me out just fine, 1000 on the crown, the rest at the front

Are you suggesting that what really work are fina and minoxidil and microneedling makes no difference?

What about the tons of posts from different threads and forums where we see people getting decent results without finasteride? Many of them only started to see improvement after adding the microneedling to their minoxidil routine.

If you are expecting results on the temples, it's hard. I used finasteride and minoxidil for many years and never had success on these areas of the scalp, but they did helped the vertex and crown.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The evidence from people who have been on finasteride and minoxidil for AT LEAST 2 years and the ONLY thing they changed is began rolling with decent results are almost non existent.

You must be either blind or ignorant if you believe your own bullshit statement.....it’s actually the opposite of what your spewing....there is tons of evidence on here with guys getting great results and yes some along with finasteride and minoxidil others just minoxidil such as myself....and I’ve only been microneedling almost 4 months and started minoxidil after the 1st month, now with great crown and midscscalp results.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that what really work are fina and minoxidil and microneedling makes no difference?

What about the tons of posts from different threads and forums where we see people getting decent results without finasteride? Many of them only started to see improvement after adding the microneedling to their minoxidil routine.

If you are expecting results on the temples, it's hard. I used finasteride and minoxidil for many years and never had success on these areas of the scalp, but they did helped the vertex and crown.

Don’t bother asking..he or she is biased against microneedling and has been.

Exactly, I’m not on finasteride and I’ve used both in years past with almost no progress....then almost 4 months ago I gave microneedling another try with longer needle lengths and added minoxidil 1 month after starting and have almost reversed my balding crown area.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t bother asking..he or she is biased against microneedling and has been.

Exactly, I’m not on finasteride and I’ve used both in years past with almost no progress....then almost 4 months ago I gave microneedling another try with longer needle lengths and added minoxidil 1 month after starting and have almost reversed my balding crown area.

@Eazy12 is a miserable troll. Not sure why would anyone take him/her seriously.

Lots of evidence in favour of microneedling on this thread as well as Microneedling results thread.

I took finasteride and min for 2 years with no results whatsoever. It is only daily rolling that has stopped further male pattern baldness progression for me. I was heading towards a norwood 7

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score

Lots of evidence in favour of microneedling on this thread as well as Microneedling results thread.

I took finasteride and min for 2 years with no results whatsoever. It is only daily rolling that has stopped further male pattern baldness progression for me. I was heading towards a norwood 7
Is there a thread with a compilation of photo evidence?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
You must be either blind or ignorant if you believe your own bullshit statement.....it’s actually the opposite of what your spewing....there is tons of evidence on here with guys getting great results and yes some along with finasteride and minoxidil others just minoxidil such as myself....and I’ve only been microneedling almost 4 months and started minoxidil after the 1st month, now with great crown and midscscalp results.
You just proved my point, minoxidil did the heavy lifting, microneedling just aided absorption

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You just proved my point, minoxidil did the heavy lifting, microneedling just aided absorption

No, i have been using oral minoxidil at between 10 and 20mg since last year, microneedling and topical have worked better at filling in my crown than oral did. So i don't think it's just about dermarolling helping increase the absorption of minoxidil. There is something else happening.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wrong again troll.

Minoxidil likely helped with blood flow to the newly created collagen and hair stem cells that formed from wounding/ microneedling in the embryonic stage....minoxidil is worthless with out the hair cells.

Now go back under your bridge ya dummy.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Exactly!

And good for you! Keep it up!

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Wrong again troll.

Minoxidil likely helped with blood flow to the newly created collagen and hair stem cells that formed from wounding/ microneedling in the embryonic stage....minoxidil is worthless with out the hair cells.

Now go back under your bridge ya dummy.
can you post peer reviewed scientific studies to prove creation of collagen and hair stem cell division? Or did you just pull that theory out your smelly ***?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
No, i have been using oral minoxidil at between 10 and 20mg since last year, microneedling and topical have worked better at filling in my crown than oral did. So i don't think it's just about dermarolling helping increase the absorption of minoxidil. There is something else happening.
Probably just the change to topical which did it

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just rolled with the 1200 needle body roller
Man this really saves time vs the smaller rollers!
Will be using this from now on!

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody who's experiencing a shed may give zinc pyrithione lotion/shampoo a try. It should help. I've been experiencing a heavy shed for almost a month post adding Minoxidil to my regime. But it's just been 4 days using zinc pyrithione shampoo and so far it has helped. Less shed

inmyhead

Reaction score
Anybody who's experiencing a shed may give zinc pyrithione lotion/shampoo a try. It should help. I've been experiencing a heavy shed for almost a month post adding Minoxidil to my regime. But it's just been 4 days using zinc pyrithione shampoo and so far it has helped. Less shed
What shampoo to be specific?