Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you even have hairloss? Seems like a thick NW1 to me.
He has receded a tiny bit and with slight diffusion in the hairline. I think this one has male pattern baldness, very, very early stages.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Significant increase in density after 100 days on dutasteride along with microneedling(now two) and minoxidil.

Two sides of the same coin.

1. Getting unreal regrowth on dutasteride just 100 days into the regimen after being on finasteride for 3/3+ years.

2. Anti Adrogens that have a risk of causing side effects that will affect your life directly are clearly still the first line of defense.

dutasteride has been so good that my crown is clearly starting to respond. The extremities of my balding crown is filling up and moving towards the cowlick. I'm currently where I was at 19-21 years of age. Note that I started losing it at 14/15 at most 16 years of age.

The positives of being on dutasteride for 100 days so far are:

1. Somehow avoided that dreaded dutasteride hairline/general shed.
2. Regrowth coming in thick and fast and overall density improving faster than it did on finasteride and min+dermarolling.
3. Dutasteride is cleared for hairloss in Japan and South Korea.

The negatives of being on dutasteride

1. I am not a fan of anti adrogens. While I'm not as extreme as the "finasteride/dutasteride/Gluten will make your dick fly off", I'm certainly not stupid enough to think there isn't any chance of side effects. I am concerned about long term side effects of dutasteride. None have hit me so far and the ones that did hit me were positive(increase in sex drive) but don't know what's gonna happen long term.
2. If hair multiplication and/or Follica does not work out then I'll be taking these drugs for the next 3 decades, and that f*****g sucks.

By the time my December deadline of taking my first post-dutasteride "after pictures" hits I may have gone back to Norwood 1 with mature hairline.
I'm so happy for you bro. I'm also more hopeful now because almost two months ago I also added dutasteride to my routine after being on finasteride for sometime.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks

Still not where I want to be with my crown. I have mainly diffuse thinning but for some reason my crown was following it's own pattern and it did not look good at all. I've seen a few people who can use certain volumizing hair products on their diffuse thinning and get away with it. If I try that I end up volumizing the diffuse region but somehow making the crown worse. If dutasteride hadn't worked than I was seriously considering hair fiber. I've seen in on people in real life and they do not look natural when light at certain angles hits your hair. I'm not convinced.

Are you shedding or anything?

Also, just two or three weeks ago I though dutasteride wasn't doing anything in my crown. Every single day of this week I thought I was having those "good hair days" until I investigated my crown further to find out that it was actually filling in. So, you may think that it isn't working for you but dutasteride is weird that way so don't drop it or anything. Give it a full year or two. I went back to Nickypoo's thread and he too was posting regularly that his hair is improving every few weeks. You'll see the big change from month 4 to 5 and then 6 in his thread and that made me realize that this wasn't just good hair days, especially since I checked my hair after it got really oily and there was definite improvement. Finally, flash photographs confirmed it.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...years-full-temple-regrowth-dutasteride.48633/
I have been shedding like a bastard. Shedding only slowed down this week. M

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started in December and went three months without min before being convinced that needling alone is useless. Anyways so 3 months without min, 6 months with min as of this month. First pic is actually February as it didn't have much difference anyways with the previous months and it compares better with the current one. Keep in mind my head position is slightly off between the two (I did a terrible job with photos).

I personally don't see a difference and was wondering if there's any point in continuing. I'm guessing I'm just not a responder to min as this was the first time I actually used it as well. In the past I was a finasteride only guy. I don't mind staying home for the weekend after stabbing my scalp or having dried min on my scalp if it actually did something lol.
I see your improvement, your progress is clear

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Retinol cream are great also. I read a big article about using less minoxidil and retinol cream to combat the forehead affect. Also on days that I don't use minoxidil I use HairMetto in place of it like the guy on YouTube that had great result with it combined with needling. Good luck. Take pictures and post result
Thanks man. I saw that YouTube guy, Scott Nali. He uses Hairmetto. But, Hairmetto is too expensive. Plus I stay in India, to get it imported here would be a hassle. It's not available in amazon India. Though I have got rosemary oil which i applied on occasional days but not regularly, I'll be honest here. May try with a different alternatives. I'll hope something works out. Been battling with hair loss for 5+ yrs, and have been losing ever since.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Significant increase in density after 100 days on dutasteride along with microneedling(now two) and minoxidil.

Two sides of the same coin.

1. Getting unreal regrowth on dutasteride just 100 days into the regimen after being on finasteride for 3/3+ years.

2. Anti Adrogens that have a risk of causing side effects that will affect your life directly are clearly still the first line of defense.

dutasteride has been so good that my crown is clearly starting to respond. The extremities of my balding crown is filling up and moving towards the cowlick. I'm currently where I was at 19-21 years of age. Note that I started losing it at 14/15 at most 16 years of age.

The positives of being on dutasteride for 100 days so far are:

1. Somehow avoided that dreaded dutasteride hairline/general shed.
2. Regrowth coming in thick and fast and overall density improving faster than it did on finasteride and min+dermarolling.
3. Dutasteride is cleared for hairloss in Japan and South Korea.

The negatives of being on dutasteride

1. I am not a fan of anti adrogens. While I'm not as extreme as the "finasteride/dutasteride/Gluten will make your dick fly off", I'm certainly not stupid enough to think there isn't any chance of side effects. I am concerned about long term side effects of dutasteride. None have hit me so far and the ones that did hit me were positive(increase in sex drive) but don't know what's gonna happen long term.
2. If hair multiplication and/or Follica does not work out then I'll be taking these drugs for the next 3 decades, and that f*****g sucks.

By the time my December deadline of taking my first post-dutasteride "after pictures" hits I may have gone back to Norwood 1 with mature hairline.
Congrats dude

dmv096

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello i am new here, i'm 23 and started balding at 18, it is slow but now the low density in my frontline is visible and the crown zone is also bad. Maybe other day post photos and you guys can tell me my Norwood stage because its very strange.
At 20 started with minoxidil 5% but i had to leave it because my scalp got redness and itching. Until now i got Androgenetic Alopecia capsules for the hairloss during the months i usually shedding, i think that slow the process of balding until now.

I read very good results about dermarroling so i am going to givi it a chance along with minoxidil so i have bought a dermarroller and minoxidil 2% hopping my scalp will handle it. So today i did my first 10 mins session with dermarrolling 1mm, it hurt and bled a little drops so i hope i did it well.

i will inform you about my progress in the next months :)

pd: Sorry for the grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling is working for me in areas that have been bald for many years. I put Hyaluronic acid on my face, neck and head afterwards, and I've just added collagen creme to my daily routine.

What is the reasoning behind apply HA to your scalp after rolling? I know my ex-gf would apply HA to her face after rolling but I'm unsure of the benefit to your scalp and/or hair.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Okay, my bad. Part of my regimen is that after dermarolling my scalp, I then dermaroll my face and neck. After I'm done, I use hyaluronic acid and collagen to smooth out the wrinkles on my face and neck. And then after that, I put minoxidil on my scalp. I'm beginning to see hair growth on my scalp. Seems to be working well.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay, my bad. Part of my regimen is that after dermarolling my scalp, I then dermaroll my face and neck. After I'm done, I use hyaluronic acid and collagen to smooth out the wrinkles on my face and neck. And then after that, I put minoxidil on my scalp. I'm beginning to see hair growth on my scalp. Seems to be working well.
how often and what mm
pen or roller

Shadow_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone notice the difference between 36 needles and 12 needles with your dermapen? I have been using 36 for over 2 months now and tonight I tried 12 needles for the first time and I immediately noticed way more acute pain, more redness and more blood spots. Not sure if that means better though...

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how often and what mm
pen or roller

I use a 0.5 roller for my scalp and on my forehead because the skin is so thin in these places. When I do my neck I use both the 1.mm and 1.5. I do my scalp about every third day and the day after that is when I focus on my neck and face. So, typically, I hitting both areas about twice a week.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes definite improvement hair on the edge
I zoomed in really close on the pics your hairline is better for sure

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
View attachment 128291 View attachment 128290 View attachment 128288 View attachment 128287 Actual progress and results make it real easy to brush away loser no-life trolls...

Top photo is from June 11th, just a couple of microneedling sessions in with wet hair.
Bottom photo is from September 9th, after 3 months of microneedling & minoxidil.
this is very good. Is it me or wounding does something?
hey @squeeqee post the calcification and vascularization pictures before after of scalp biopsies for our friends to see what's happening under the skin surface with wounding.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a bit of advice for those who aren't seeing the results they want. Follica's patent shows that their device can go up to 5mm: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2018/0280675.html
Now if they plan to go up to 5mm, that means it's researched and safe. So you sure as hell can do 2.5mm on your microneedling devices at least on the temples/crown if not the whole scalp.
So go deeper and maybe reduce frequency.

kaneki

My Regimen
Reaction score
10 months in doing just needling alone with nothing else.

Hair has never looked worse, confirmed with pictures. There looks to be some minor thickening in some parts but overall theres a net loss in density. Have developed a slight island around the forelock which I never really had before. I'm a diffuser and unfortunately it's done nothing for me.

Thinking of adding minoxidil but something inside keeps saying not to. I feel like I'd be a rogaine prisoner and the results (if I get any) would be temporary cos every1 knows that a few years after you'll be back below baseline.

Either way I need to do something, hair fibers aren't really cutting it any more with the hairstyles I want.

I'm needling only with the derminator and seeing results. I think you should get the derminator instead of manual rollers.