Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The results are confirmed by trichoscopy, a validate and objective method, which has shown how the typical androgenetic affected area, the vertex in males and the frontal area in females, are the ones that have the most of improvement with microneedling technique.

jocd13061-fig-0001-m.png

jocd13061-fig-0002-m.png

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a side effect. it occurs for 10 out of 100 that uses it.

Also remember 1 out of 1.000 could get hair loss from nizoral.
People with dry sebum must no use nizoral because disminished the recent and better sebum,

Mentally im a very stable person. I was ready for side effects, i was ready to experience hair shedding. But watching yourself go bald in a mere 3 months and seeing the horrible side effects on my face was just not worth it for me. It also doesnt help to lose all your hair and not see any sign of regrowth in 5 months. Im also convinced syncing your hair cycles this much is not good. I have seen some guy a few days ago who goes to massive sheds and regrows literally every 3 months. I dont want that.
I would have kept with it but i was one of the unlucky ones and minoxidil just took a huge toll on me.

I looked like a zombie man. The minoxidil gave me such a horrible dark eyebags and horrible skin. I cant really explain it, it was just fucked up beyond what i could have imagined.
When i stopped minoxidil (which isnt so long ago) the shedding stopped. Later on i went on dutasteride and the shedding started again. Then it slowed down a bit, until i added needling, which made me shed again. But my hair looks better than it did at the end of minoxidil, which means im experiencing some regrowth at the moment.
So currently im still in the process of regrowing all the hair i lost.

This is the problem with finas and/or min0xidil because deteoriorate the normal symchronogy of scal hairs,
producing sheds and regrows

The scalp is quite bloody if you check the pics in paper.
In the paper, despite the good results,: "
the total number and frequency of sessions and longterm
sustainability of the response to microneedling need to be
evaluated within a larger population"

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts: Microneedling obviously works. Only a fool would deny that it works. The consensus now is how to maximize microneedling benefits.
I've been thinking so much about this and i just cant decide. So many different people/studies/whatever with different ways of doing it.
Examples:
-I know of a guy who does 2.5mm every week and regrows bald widow peaks
-in one study they rolled gently with 1.5mm, and no blood
-the russian guy in the last page stamps every single day and bleeds heavily
-in a study where they treated hairloss in rats, it showed that after a certain needle length, hair growth doesnt happen at all. 0.5mm had the best results, while 1mm had even less results than 0.25mm
-another study that said redness of the scalp/skin showed endpoint of the needling session

Its so random

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking so much about this and i just cant decide. So many different people/studies/whatever with different ways of doing it.
Examples:
-I know of a guy who does 2.5mm every week and regrows bald widow peaks
-in one study they rolled gently with 1.5mm, and no blood
-the russian guy in the last page stamps every single day and bleeds heavily
-in a study where they treated hairloss in rats, it showed that after a certain needle length, hair growth doesnt happen at all. 0.5mm had the best results, while 1mm had even less results than 0.25mm
-another study that said redness of the scalp/skin showed endpoint of the needling session

Its so random
As far as the studies go, 1.5mm is the minimum, and 5mm is the maximum to avoid damage to the follicles. I think hard rolling everyday is overkill.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as the studies go, 1.5mm is the minimum, and 5mm is the maximum to avoid damage to the follicles. I think hard rolling everyday is overkill.
Yet there are like 4 subjects who have regrown hair despite rolling everyday. We still don't know what's overkill and what's "not enough frequency". Apparently we have success cases at both ends of the spectrum (everyday needling Vs the new paper doing it every 2 goddamn months). We still don't know sh*t until a controlled study with a decent experimental design directly tests which is the optimal frequency and intensity. Until then, all the "I think", "I believe", "I suspect" are of no use if they are not supported by empirical data.
Why don't we have more studies on this? We need this sh*t!!

Last edited:

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy @Me Vs DiffuseThinning
Thats precisely what i mean. There are people like this russian dude who literally bleed their scalps every single day and get regrowth on one spectrum, and a study where they needled only every 2 months on the other spectrum and get regrowth, and then many many different variations of that between the two.
From what i have seen, hair follicles sit 4-5mm deep in the scalp, yet 1-1.5mm yields results. So much contradicting information out there

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy @Me Vs DiffuseThinning
Thats precisely what i mean. There are people like this russian dude who literally bleed their scalps every single day and get regrowth on one spectrum, and a study where they needled only every 2 months on the other spectrum and get regrowth, and then many many different variations of that between the two.
From what i have seen, hair follicles sit 4-5mm deep in the scalp, yet 1-1.5mm yields results. So much contradicting information out there

This is the main thing. Trying to find out the exact science for needling.

We all have our opinions and it would be great for a bigger study. And for the study to be broken down for different races, skin types etc.

I have sensitive skin and I found weekly rolling a bit too much. Also after a rolling session the next day it feels like my hair is hard in its place. As in a sticky feel which I would guess is the small holes being closed again and minor scabs. That could be what is causing some people to shed who needle regular. That scabs forming and the hair breaking. It should make a difference to the hair quality though as it's just broken off and once you give it time to heal, it should grow back and with needling, maybe stronger and thicker than before.

Again it's all bro science but it's a theory I have. Hence why I have started to needle once a month and let my scalp heel fully.

Those that are able to needle more frequently without any issues should probably keep it up.

At the same time, after doing it a good few months, no harm in trying different frequencies etc.

Unfortunately I don't see a huge study on this happening as there isn't money for big companies to make so the studies will have to be done by uni students if they take it up. Would be good if we could get a university to take it up and we could help fund it with donations.

Have groups split in to different frequencies and length. Monitor their race, age, skin type etc.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By overkill, I meant that it's not required to do so. We have seen great results from people who have needled only once a week.