Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Oribv1324

Reaction score
Just started derma rolling with Dr pan a6. I'm thinking about adding min but I still wonder: will it suffice for the long run? (at least 3-4 years). I can't add finasteride due to sides and I'm desperate af. Without any anti androgens this all thing feels hopeless to me

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using 1.5mm at fast on my derminator 2 for a few sessions now, but I always end up getting some pretty significant wounding. More than the "sunburn pink" that people say is the way to go.

Would it be a good idea to try 1-1.25mm instead and just apply more pressure?

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well this thread kind of imploded since I last looked. I always thought the minoxidil was doing the heaving lifting just through better absorption and none of that decalcification nonsense. I bet you could get the same results by just doing .25 like how people do on their face for better topical absorption

And regarding min, holy hell is rogaine brand expensive. I bought a 3 month supply on amazon and it was super cheap. Went back and now it's like a couple hundred dollars or something. I went with some kirkland brand and hope it works as well

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont get what people are f*****g complaining about,

This thread is full of results not just people who have only just started finasteride and are wounding.

Find me the same results with new users of minoxidil alone? there are none.

If you can't tolerate finasteride there is nothing else out there apart form CB. The only evidence is one responder who the thread was about? no it isn't , theres a tone of others who have started this in conjunction with minoxidil and not finasteride with in my opinion clearer results then numbers guy because they have a buzz cut kept to the same level with same lighting etc.

Besides this we have studies saying it works

and besides that, (this really blows my mind that no one on a new research section on a thread about wounding gives a sh*t) folica literally just announced that their studies shows wounding alone causes regrowth. Stop being sheep and actually read whats out there.

"• Follica conducted three clinical studies of patients with androgenetic alopecia, which demonstrated hair follicle neogenesis via biopsy following skin disruption, and hair growth through target area hair count. One of these studies demonstrated that skin disruption alone was safe and generates not only new hair follicles but also terminal (visible, thick hairs). Follica is further developing and testing compounds that enhance these effects."

Stop whining being negative and be happy that there is now another option (or AN option for some people) as a treatment besides finasteride , your going to put people off who could potentially improve their life with this.

Lol, Follica has grown 25 hairs/cm2 WITH minoxidil with probably much higher depth and sophisticated technology.

Noobs here don’t know what that means I guess.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
It works for me but I have stopped for fear of the side effects and the risk of long-term cancer that I have read in some published studies.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works for me but I have stopped for fear of the side effects and the risk of long-term cancer that I have read in some published studies.
how does it work for you? less shedding? any regrowth?

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using 1.5mm at fast on my derminator 2 for a few sessions now, but I always end up getting some pretty significant wounding. More than the "sunburn pink" that people say is the way to go.

Would it be a good idea to try 1-1.25mm instead and just apply more pressure?

For me fast is too much. I wound at 2mm with medium speed and I can better control the result I want to get.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is research and then there is research. if you look at the two journals where these two studies have been published then you will notice that it's not the most reliable source of information. just because it is labeled as "research", doesn't make it automatically good research. btw it's the same with every other label that you attach to someone or something, i.e. just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean that he/she is a good doctor. another example to clarify my point: there is research that saw palmetto, rosemary oil or pumkin seed oil work very well for Androgenetic Alopecia. but as a matter of fact we all know that it's not the case.

smells like bullshit
The brain drain on this forum continues.

There is no research that shows saw palmetto, rosemary oil, or pumpkin seeds oil work anywhere near what we would consider “very well” for male pattern baldness. Let’s take rosemary oil— a study showed that performed slightly better as a topical than 2% minoxidil. TWO PERCENT. How many people on this forum do you think believe 2% minoxidil works “very well” for male pattern baldness. The answer is zero.

There is a reason that instead of saying it worked “very well”, the rosemary researchers wrote this “In contrast, both groups experienced a significant increase in hair count at the 6-month endpoint compared with the baseline and 3-month endpoint...The findings of the present trial provided evidence with respect to the efficacy of rosemary oil in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.”

Also note for all those that jump off treatments if it doesn’t work in a month... there was no change in hair count at the 3 month mark. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25842469/

Edit — also, how is it BS that wounding on medium speed helps him control it better??? He’s saying control the results as in wounding sufficiently, not hair growth!

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Been needling religiously every week since mid November at 1.75mm, zero results to date.
'B-b-b-but are you maintaining?'. Yes, as I have been for the past 6 years on minoxidil and finasteride - proven methods.
I'll continue to needle until november this year, giving the treatment a full year to do something, while at the same time have a transplant booked for next summer.

minoxidil
finasteride
Transplant
Hair system

The above methods are the only ones with proven track records, independent from bias or opinion, just facts.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of new troll accounts popping up these last couple of weeks.

@roberta being the new one of this thread.
Exactly... @ToLGuy trusting a “lurking” noob. You should know better ;)

This balding chick that disagrees with anything to do with finasteride or needing. She’s one bitter gal. And she knows how to string words together. She’s dangerous.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of new troll accounts popping up these last couple of weeks.

@roberta being the new one of this thread.

I kinda understand the point of some skeptics, mainly because some of them come up with reasonable arguments and unbiased inferences, but @roberta 's arguments are the worst thing I' ve ever read lately here. I dunno if he's a troll or not tho.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly... @ToLGuy trusting a “lurking” noob. You should know better ;)

This balding chick that disagrees with anything to do with finasteride or needing. She’s one bitter gal. And she knows how to string words together. She’s dangerous.
Yes, I was mistaken. I was naive and thought he/she had something valuable to say. Evidently, I was wrong. His/her arguments are garbage.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, Follica has grown 25 hairs/cm2 WITH minoxidil with probably much higher depth and sophisticated technology.

Noobs here don’t know what that means I guess.

No man. Follica's abrasion method alone did that. That number came from their annual 2017 presentation i think.

They are expecting Dhurat study numbers 50 - 100 terminal hairs per cm2.

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had been using Derminator -2. And roller for a few days...head turned kind of hard shell....after 10 days I thought its cured..but the head looks still hard and dead skin shedding...it has been 2 weeks..I will be skipping for another week... thinking to go back to pen. never had issues with pen doing weekly. the dead skin peels off between 4th and 6th day...and the head looks healthy for next needling session at the end of the week.

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is research and then there is research. if you look at the two journals where these two studies have been published then you will notice that it's not the most reliable source of information. just because it is labeled as "research", doesn't make it automatically good research. btw it's the same with every other label that you attach to someone or something, i.e. just because someone is a doctor doesn't mean that he/she is a good doctor. another example to clarify my point: there is research that saw palmetto, rosemary oil or pumkin seed oil work very well for Androgenetic Alopecia. but as a matter of fact we all know that it's not the case.

smells like bullshit

Omg, relax.. I mean, with medium speed I can better control how much wounding I want to create. With fast speed I tend to get blood immediately, maybe even too much. So I use medium speed and I have more time to reach the level of wounding I want. I obviously didnt mean I can control how much regrowth I get! But it looks like you are just here to immediately attack anything that sounds somehow positive...