Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember that @chen is also on drugs.

Anyway what I’m thinking about is calcification again.

Some people claim that they are having benefits from scalp massaging. What if daily needling at 1mm or less (say you’re Chen) is essentially just a form of massage. I think you are possibly just massaging away the calcification?

Thoughts?
Yeah, Chen is nuking it with everything, although he claimed his regrowth came in before adding finasteride. Nevertheless, that's why I said @longtimelurker was the most valuable case, because he was already on other things, but only got regrowth after doing the everyday approach. Look at his pics, they are just 3 weeks apart and coincice with his high frequency regime.
About the massage thing... I am a bit skeptical about it. The effect of massages on hair growth is somewhat equivocal in the literagure
, and we don't have good anecdotal accounts on this forums supporting it. I believe that even light needling is different than massages cause needling, no matter how light, will cause micro injuries in the scalp tissue that will trigger a chain of events related to wound healing. This is due to the small surface area of the needles (high pressure) being able to make even weak perforations. I you needle lightly, holes and blood won't be seen, but small and shallow perforations will be there even if we don't see it. This is not the same as with massages. No matter how hard you massage, you probably won't trigger the same wound healing response. If I remember correctly, the alleged effect of massages is different.
Anyway, I am very curious to see what happens if people start dlind this everyday for a good amount of months. It will be interesting to see whether the response rate increases or decreases.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding more and it's been going on for over a month. Honestly don't know if I should switch back to 1.5 mm. It all happened after I upped to 2.0 mm. Stopped taking L-arginine over a week ago as well, so it can't have to do with that. Those areas in the back that used to be thin, do look more thinner. Seasonal shedding, shock loss or some sh*t? I don't know.

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding more and it's been going on for over a month. Honestly don't know if I should switch back to 1.5 mm. It all happened after I upped to 2.0 mm. Stopped taking L-arginine over a week ago as well, so it can't have to do with that. Those areas in the back that used to be thin, do look more thinner. Seasonal shedding, shock loss or some sh*t? I don't know.

I feel that this may a good thing to go back to 1.5mm..alternatively it may pay to reduce frequency. Your scalp may require more healing time. I personally find the Brazilian study interesting where they needled once a month..sadly the sample was very tiny.
Basically..if one experiences negative results..go easier on your scalp and not the other way round.

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it’s just starting to thicken up now you’d be mad to stop.

Are you rolling or machine stamping / pen?

Are you using min?

Yeah, I did it with minoxodil from the beginning. I’m not using pen but dermaroller. I’m almost doing the same as @Somebody except I go a little harder on some days.

I will not stop. I’m adding electric pen once a week at 2mm and will see how it goes. I will also go back to .5mm or to 1mm, will see.

I need to also say that my scalp is extremely dry from dermarolling everyday. My skin flakes all the time. It really sux.

Merkules

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an Idea

The reason longtimelurker is gaining more while needling daily compared to needling every x weeks is still the use of minoxidil. He uses it twice a day. They daily needling just enhances the absorption of minoxidil what causes the fast regrow.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I experienced a shed or shock loss, when I checked the needles there was hair in them, but it seems to be growing back in, I bled a ton though so prob my own fault

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 Months Update

Results: No regrowth, neither terminal nor vellus

Hairloss since: 17

Hairloss pattern: Frontal recession and pattern loss until age 28, now recently also crown started thinning

State: Norwood 3.9A, close to NW4 (crown started thinning a few months ago)

Microneedled area: Temples, front, and 2cm above and 2cm below hairline. Recently added crown as well, cause crown started thinning about 3 months ago.

Duration: 6 months (started October 22, 2018)

Protocol: 2.0mm needle length electric needling once every 14 days on average. Electric needling device by TBPHP for 53€.

Other treatments: Been using minoxidil for years (since 2011 IIRC) once a day, tried finasteride for a few months (4 or 5, then stopped due to sides) in 2014/15. Currently still on minoxidil once a day.

Maybe I should increase the frequency like @longtimelurker ... Anyway, 6 months of needling every two weeks with minoxidil hasn't done anything for me at all.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 Months Update

Results: No regrowth, neither terminal nor vellus

Maybe I should increase the frequency like @longtimelurker ... Anyway, 6 months of needling every two weeks with minoxidil hasn't done anything for me at all.

Any pics between the two timeframes? I am in the same boat as you but still keeping my fingers crossed. I take pics every month. Did you take any?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I did it with minoxodil from the beginning. I’m not using pen but dermaroller. I’m almost doing the same as @Somebody except I go a little harder on some days.

I will not stop. I’m adding electric pen once a week at 2mm and will see how it goes. I will also go back to .5mm or to 1mm, will see.

I need to also say that my scalp is extremely dry from dermarolling everyday. My skin flakes all the time. It really sux.
Well I’m rooting for you. Fingers crossed 12 months + addition of pen helps brother!

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My scalp specifically in the areas where I apply minoxidil and microneedle is dry and flaky. I can scratch right now and flake off a ton of skin.
I needle weekly @ 2mm depth, twice a day minoxidil.
So, the scalp flaking and dryness can occur even with weekly needling.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using my Derminator 2 every 10 - 14 days since December. As of now I can't say I've noticed any new hair growth. My scalp feels amazing though so I consider that a plus.

I've begun lightly rolling the top and vertex areas of my scalp with a 1.5mm dermaroller prior to my evening application of 10% minoxidil. I plan on doing this every night. However I'm unsure if I should continue using a Derminator 2 if I'm also going to roll every night.

Any thoughts?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using my Derminator 2 every 10 - 14 days since December. As of now I can't say I've noticed any new hair growth. My scalp feels amazing though so I consider that a plus.

I've begun lightly rolling the top and vertex areas of my scalp with a 1.5mm dermaroller prior to my evening application of 10% minoxidil. I plan on doing this every night. However I'm unsure if I should continue using a Derminator 2 if I'm also going to roll every night.

Any thoughts?

Light rolling is for absorption of topicals.
Different from wounding. I would continue with Derminator. The increased absorption may kickstart hair growth.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

My plan is to do 2mm once a week with dr. Pen and 1mm everyday with minoxidil but very lightly.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on minoxidil since 15th of March. Experimented with dosages but it was probably an average of around 0.6 ml 1x/day on the days I do apply, and purposely missing 1-2 days during the week to give my body a break.

Already got a good amount of terminal hairs around the hairline and a sh*t ton of velus. The terminal hairs were where the velus once were. Got really promising results for such a short time at such a low dose, definitely was looking to be a good responder.

Unfortunately I got bad side effects again. Chest pain, bad feeling heart, drowsy, feeling really spaced out, my whole body feels weak, not like myself at all. This happened at around the 10 days mark also but I took a 2 day break then went on a lower dosage and everything was fine. But now it's back at the lowered dosage.

Checked my blood pressure and it had barely dropped.

It's interesting that I'm seeing such good results at such a low dosage with missed days. I'm tempted to use it maybe twice and week and see what happens.

If sides come back then I'll accept I can't use it.

This was all after microneedling for 4 months which just made my hair worse by the way.

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it seems like Dermarolling is not what we hoped it to be, when it's not started parallel with Minoxidil.

several studies showed wounding was helpful on its own. You can't argue with that. In my case I'm doin keto+wounding combo and I think I 'm moving in the right direction. not obvious regrowth but few hairs popping up and I can say I maintain for sure. That said I have seen more results with dermstamp after couple of months than 2 years of dermarolling which is odd because dermarolling study showed positive reports. now caution I don't say this is the cure for me ..yet? For this to be a cure I think we need the *right*compound to apply right after wounding

Last edited: