Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
1st pic 1 month ish
2nd pic 4 months ish

Slow but steady

Not needled for 2mm for about 3 weeks now because i’ve been really busy and cant needle that depth when i need to do my hair to go out, so instead I’ve been using a 1mm roller every day and lightly going over head a couple of passes.

What i’ve noticed is that my hair still continues to get better even tho i’m not doing 2mm, wether it was a case that I needed to heal from doing it every week or that my 1mm daily is doing the trick I don’t know, going to continue doing the light 1mm from now on see how I go

Id say I’ve done about 14 2mm sessions with a pen in total. Itch has also completely gone for me now

View attachment 117398 View attachment 117397
Do you have a link to the roller you bought?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone with a little knowledge on microneedling weigh in on this? - it doesn’t really make sense to me why there’d be a difference at all. Also there was at least one poster with minor diffuse on his crown that seemed to benefit greatly from microneedling. I’ve relatively early diffuse and would like to give this a go but maybe I shouldn’t?
Needle man!!! You’re in the needling thread. The limp willy finasteride thread is somewhere else.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm new in this thread and i have a questions

- micro needling is known for a while and people are using it for a while too, So what is the new things or trick that make it successful right now and specifically in this thread ?? is there any specific Technic to use it or it's all about how to choose the best Dermaroller ??

- how is the percentage of peoples using Dermarolling and getting a good feedback ??

- if Dermarolling is used without minoxidil it will give a good result or it should be with minoxidil ??
Screenshot_20181204-230442_Dropbox.jpg

IntJTrichol_2013_5_1_6_114700_u9.jpg

***"Microneedling group" was using the same amount of minoxidil as the minoxidil only group, except they also needled with a 1.5 mm roller weekly. This study did not look at microneedling alone without minoxidil.
http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

- micro needling is known for a while and people are using it for a while too, So what is the new things or trick that make it successful right now and specifically in this thread ?? is there any specific Technic to use it or it's all about how to choose the best Dermaroller ??

- how is the percentage of peoples using Dermarolling and getting a good feedback ??

- if Dermarolling is used without minoxidil it will give a good result or it should be with minoxidil ??
Read the faq man :)

Merkules

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about 3 months in , needle every 2 weeks without any additional treatment. I wound with a depht of 1,5mm till blood spots appear with Derminator 2.

Right now, I am sure that both total hair count and hair thickness decreased . I compared pictures of the area I look at.

Anyway, I will give this more Time and might add minoxidil

j4r0d

Reaction score
I'm about 3 months in , needle every 2 weeks without any additional treatment. I wound with a depht of 1,5mm till blood spots appear with Derminator 2.

Right now, I am sure that both total hair count and hair thickness decreased . I compared pictures of the area I look at.

Anyway, I will give this more Time and might add minoxidil

Are you a diffuser? What is your Norwood? Was your hairloss already noticeable by everyone before starting needling?

Jude79

Reaction score
Lads and ladies,
Just to quickly give you some history. I had been on finasteride minoxidil and nizoral for about 8 years. Changed to dutasteride and kept the rest the same about 18 months ago because of an incredible itch and progressive thinning in a nw3 pattern. I started derma rolling with 1.5 once a week back in early feb and I was at the point of shaving it completely. Since then I wouldn't say I've had regrowth but what I have has thickened to the point I don't feel i have to shave. The texture and colour has changed too By a mile it's has been the most effective treatment I've used in terms of result I can appreciate. I don t think it's the dutasteride finally kicking in...... The change has happened in literally the last 2 months. I did try it years ago and gave up after a month. It's definitely worth a go..... Remember at this early enough stage I've had no regrowth but there's a definite change in quality and there's definitely an improvement. Best of luck.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride and min for over 3 years. Minoxidil never did any, finasteride have given me some slight regrowth. I suspect those who get amazing results microneedling are mainly just minoxidil responders, is there really a good chance for decent regrowth through dermapen for us who never had any regrowth from minoxidil?

Jude79

Reaction score
Been on finasteride and min for over 3 years. Minoxidil never did any, finasteride have given me some slight regrowth. I suspect those who get amazing results microneedling are mainly just minoxidil responders, is there really a good chance for decent regrowth through dermapen for us who never had any regrowth from minoxidil?
I've been using min for years and it did NADA until now

Merkules

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you a diffuser? What is your Norwood? Was your hairloss already noticeable by everyone before starting needling?

I am not a diffuse thinner . Currently I am NW3 but its quit visible that I will be completly bald (as my dad and grandpa) because the remaining area is already very miniaturized.

Temples started vanishing about 10 years ago, I am 27 right now. Front ist almost complety gone durring last 2 years .so my hairloss is extremly visible since at least 2 years.

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score

You can see the study below. One of the groups has used only dermaroller but they haven't got good result as much as the group which combined minoxidil.

https://www.docdroid.net/Q4cnC2V/101080-at-1476417220171376094.pdf

Last edited:

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lads and ladies,
Just to quickly give you some history. I had been on finasteride minoxidil and nizoral for about 8 years. Changed to dutasteride and kept the rest the same about 18 months ago because of an incredible itch and progressive thinning in a nw3 pattern. I started derma rolling with 1.5 once a week back in early feb and I was at the point of shaving it completely. Since then I wouldn't say I've had regrowth but what I have has thickened to the point I don't feel i have to shave. The texture and colour has changed too By a mile it's has been the most effective treatment I've used in terms of result I can appreciate. I don t think it's the dutasteride finally kicking in...... The change has happened in literally the last 2 months. I did try it years ago and gave up after a month. It's definitely worth a go..... Remember at this early enough stage I've had no regrowth but there's a definite change in quality and there's definitely an improvement. Best of luck.
Congrats. How hard do you wound?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And there's why you immediately know it's a suspect claim

So what's the point of even using min if it doesn't work long term? I've only been on a few months and considering just dropping it
The point is that despite most people will still lose hair on minoxidil, they will lose less than people who are not using it. Also, the effect of minoxidil seems to work in synergy with finasteride users. It's also worth mentioning that those who get results with minoxidil+needling may not behave in the same way long term, given that needling's mechanism of action seems to be different. Who knows, we still lack a ton of data of long term users reporting their experiences. Who knows whether those gains are eventually lost after 1-2 years or not. We have a few anecdotal accounts claiming they have kept those gains, but that evidence is far from equivocal, especially when 2young2retire was mysteriously dodgy when at least 10 people of this thread asked him if he kept his gains.

Again, this is why this community trial is needed, and why it is so important to stick to this in the long run. I hope to keep needling over the years and I am committed to keep reporting my progress here. The more data we have, the more reliable the conclusion will be. Making claims based on a few individual accounts is calling for potentially inaccurate, biased or weak conclusions.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is that despite most people will still lose hair on minoxidil, they will lose less than people who are not using it. Also, the effect of minoxidil seems to work in synergy with finasteride users. It's also worth mentioning that those who get results with minoxidil+needling may not behave in the same way long term, given that needling's mechanism of action seems to be different. Who knows, we still lack a ton of data of long term users reporting their experiences. Who knows whether those gains are eventually lost after 1-2 years or not. We have a few anecdotal accounts claiming they have kept those gains, but that evidence is far from equivocal, especially when 2young2retire was mysteriously dodgy when at least 10 people of this thread asked him if he kept his gains.

Again, this is why this community trial is needed, and why it is so important to stick to this in the long run. I hope to keep needling over the years and I am committed to keep reporting my progress here. The more data we have, the more reliable the conclusion will be. Making claims based on a few individual accounts is calling for potentially inaccurate, biased or weak conclusions.
I guess I'll keep at it. I mean, if it quits working, I'll be where I was heading in the first place anyway and just start shaving it off. I've been on finasteride since around 2006 and it seems to be losing its effectiveness

Jude79

Reaction score
Congrats. How hard do you wound?

Not hard at all. About 10 mins and once a week. usually I have some specks of blood.... definitely not bleeding just small specks here and there. Feels like as someone else said beofee light sun burn. I shed a couple of times initially after each use and now recently I lose very little if anything at all. Definitely worth a go.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i have skipped a week of rolling, and my scalp still feels really good.
It seems that even a session once a month might be great for removing the itch.

And i'm mantaining. It feels really good to not have to worry so far.
Yeah i'm not getting much regrowth, just hair quality improving and a few vellus here and there, however just the fact that i don't feel like i'm on a time leash is great.

It's been three months and my hair still looks exactly the same. It's definitely working for me, i'm mantaining beautifully.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think we are missing some mechanical agents like bimatoprost and pge2 to get decent regrowth, for me i only need a small quantity for my temples

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also i do see a small change. I now have a ton of small, invisible, microvellus where my hairline begins.
However, i can only see them with a torch pointed out at my scalp, and i need to look really closely.