Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is actually one of the most inspiring microneedlers. He is just dermarolling lightly and no anti-androgens and minoxidil...as far as I know.
Unless he is a rare exception, it shows that microneedling may be 'first line of defence' against hairloss. Also perhaps an indication that once you have restored a full head of hair, simple microneedling regularly is enough to keep your hair.
Rudi, I disagree here. Have you been reading the whole thread? If you take into account the plethora of non-responders that have been reporting their status here, you would realize that, at least at the 5 month mark (which is the time frame of the oldest needlers in this community trial) microneedling DOES NOT have a success rate close.to 100%. We still haven't done a proper count and an estimate of responder/non-responder ratio, but I'd say it's around 1:1 (50% success rate).

I'm also being lax with this estimate because I haven't excluded the bunch of people that started minoxidil and needling at the same time that are celebrating their results here. If I do exclude them, the proportion of responses might even go lower. Don't get me wrong, I am truly happy for them, but I will say this for the 100th time, those case CANNOT be officially taken into account in this trial, because we need to know whether needling on its own has a significant effect.

To summarize:
My personal opinion given the evidence of this trial is that success rate is FAR from 100% at 5.months. This may change of course. Perhaps at the 1 year mark the success rate might go up and slow responders might keep up with the rest.

I have two suggestions for everyone here:
1) People are ignoring non-responders, praising this procedure as if they don't exist at all, and are conveniently focusing in good responders. This is not the proper way of evaluating a trial, and is also disrespectful with the non-responder themselves.
2. It's nice to congratulate and celebrate success cases, but fornGod's sake, stop citing such cases involving the use of minoxidil/finasteride at the same time. This is not the way to go, guys. We have to be more mature and non-biased while performing a trial.

Good luck for you all, and for non-responders, I really hope you do get something in the upcoming months, there might still be a chance, don't give up yet. Get to the 1 year mark.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It cracks me up in this day and age we haven’t got something that works like minoxidil without any sides. Absolute Joke.

I feel the same..I get itching and rashes on my scalp from minoxidil :(
That is really dissapointing for me seeing the goods results of some combo needlers here. Altough I am an agnostic, I pray to god every night that NGF-574H will soon be the superior substitute for minoxidil!!!!

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
most of responders started microneedling and minoxidil at the same time. even the studies were the same way. minoxidil is super efficient at first 6 weeks. and if we combine minoxidil with microneedling at first, the results are getting better.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna try a stamp from next month because I've still got a couple of cartridges. I'm a bit surprised that people are using pen over a stamp because you have much more control with a stamp. Roller is the worst imo.

My regrowth is all over the place and slower than my friend. Just shows you the different responses among different people. Small hairs regrowing in random places at varied pace.

Exactly my thoughts. Stamp is cheap and it gives you a lot of control and it gets yhe job done. I've done 6 seasons so far, once a week. It os different for everyone. Some people get very early results. Some may take time. Stamping has decreased my hairloss and it looks healthier now. It's still very early though. I don't use minoxidil that might also be a factor. I use make an infusion of pepermint tea and mix taurine in it. That's my minoxidil alternative. I've also ordered a hair growth serum that contains saw palmetto, biotin, collagen peptide etc. I hope it would help in some regrowth.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is actually one of the most inspiring microneedlers. He is just dermarolling lightly and no anti-androgens and minoxidil...as far as I know.
Unless he is a rare exception, it shows that microneedling may be 'first line of defence' against hairloss. Also perhaps an indication that once you have restored a full head of hair, simple microneedling regularly is enough to keep your hair.
But he's using topical dht blocker that's also a contributing factor to his success.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been asked before but could you please share details of your regimen?
How many times do you microneedle? How hard do you go? Do you damage the scalp like some of the brutal microneedlers of this thread?
I really need to know because I am loosing hair on the sides and need to salvage them.
I microneedle around once a week, either with the 1.5mm roller or with the derminator set at 1.5mm, depending on whether I’m in the mood to do it manually or electronically.A full session for me is like five minutes and I go until my scalp is pink but not bleeding. I have never bled hard except for pinpricks of blood. I apply minoxidil to top, crown, hairline, and sided once daily .75mL. Also I derminate my entire scalp except for the back where there is no loss

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if you can regrow on bald areas, most likely you can maintain it..hopefully for a long time.
I have never seen anyone regrow hair on slick bald areas with needling alone. All the best results posted that I remember were from people who were also using minoxidil and finasteride.
In my opinion it does close to nothing by itself but it seems to be very beneficial for those that use minoxidil.

lasthope

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone regrow hair on slick bald areas with needling alone. All the best results posted that I remember were from people who were also using minoxidil and finasteride.
In my opinion it does close to nothing by itself but it seems to be very beneficial for those that use minoxidil.
But in the video, the guy's bald crown area clearly shrunk, is that not considered a slick bald area?

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
so derma rolling works on bald areas?
my hair line is receeding and i have bald areas where hair once was

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of the non responders in this thread haven't even been microneedling for 6 months and there are a bunch of variables involved that alters one's success.

But the incredible results of so many people are undeniable as you can see here and in the other results thread.

And yes, non-responders are inevitable like any regimen. Some can't even maintain on fina/duta + minoxidil, etc.

Anyway, it's crazy how successful this is with such primitive means.

Interesting thoughts from @ToLGuy and you sir Pigeon.

I agree that 6 months isn’t enough for us non responders to know for sure. For all we know the non responders are just not needling effectively (whatever that can mean - hard enough deep enough).

As promised I’m going to move onto a 2mm hard core regime when I finish my vacation and move to minoxidil. Hopefully this works for me better than 1.5mm D2.

I’d say I’m up to 5 or 6 months but in that time I’ve had at least 2 months where I’ve had to stop because of work.

Because I’m generally very sensitive to drugs I have a feeling it’ll work but I might get some sides. And who knows. Time will tell.

Question to people with min breathing issues. Is this REALLY that bad? Doesn’t it really matter if you’re out of breath for 1 minute here or there?

I feel like that I can live with. finasteride limp dick is not.

Again the other thing I know for certain is that my head is hard as rock. I believe in the calcification but to what end... beats me.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One month in, I do think that recently vellus hairs are appearing along my hairline, but they are very small. I can't tell if I'm shedding less because my hair is very short. I will be updating.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm scared to apply minoxidil straight after needling. I keep thinking of the sides! Any advice?

Thanks