Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe, it's different for everyone I think.

You say you're healed after 2 days. For me, it takes 4-5 days to heal, the first few days it hurts a bit if I try to comb. But I'm also doing 2mm at the fastest setting with a pen.

Edit: Also have itch after needling

Takes about three days for my skin to to heal at 2.5mm, strange that you get an itch though, i haven't experienced anything like that, or the flakes some people have mentioned.

Appletree101

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where does everybody get their 12 needle cartridges for the Derminator 2?

Has anyone tried using the Dr. Pen needles off Amazon with their Derminator 2? I know Own Doctor says not to but they look identical and I think it's just a way for them to draw you into buying their expensive needles.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it takes me 3 days to recover.. what i've noticed 3-4 days after needling my scalp becomes really itchy.. anybody else get this?

Yes. I attribute this to the layer of skin shedding.

It becomes dry, tight and a bit itchy until I get rid of the flakes. That takes a couple days if aggressively get rid of them, or longer if don't. I usually use a fine-toothed comb to help accelerate the peeling. After all that... Day 6/7 or so - no more itching once the peeling is done.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it takes me 3 days to recover.. what i've noticed 3-4 days after needling my scalp becomes really itchy.. anybody else get this?
I also get this, about 3-4 days after needling as well. Strangely, this has almost subsided in the last 2 weeks (consider that I've been needling for 4.5 months)

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Takes about three days for my skin to to heal at 2.5mm, strange that you get an itch though, i haven't experienced anything like that, or the flakes some people have mentioned.
I get no itch or flakes either. I didn't shed at all on minoxidil and needling. However I'm getting decent results so far.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to test needling more often to see the impact it has on my results

I'm going to do 2mm then wait 4 days (or until my scalp is no longer sore) and then needle 1.25mm wait for 4 days and back to the 2mm

Maybe keeping our scalps in a constant state of healing will get better results

minoxidil 2 x a day

I'll keep the thread updated with the results

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...Do you think there's any way for me to use A6 Cartridges with the D2 to get any deeper than 1.5mm safely...?

Re: A6 CARTRIDGE w/ D2
The short answer is NO.

If you wanted it really, Really, REALLY badly, the easiest way would probably be grinding 1mm off the plastic cylinder that surrounds the A6 needles w/ a grade 400-800 sandpaper on a flat surface - BUT I do NOT recommend it for obvious reasons:
hygiene, needle damage risks etc. - you are putting those needles in your scalp after all...

Furthermore, 1.5mm is probably enough for our purpose:
if PROPERLY pressing the Cartridge against my scalp, I get PLENTY of blood spots @1.5mm...

And finally, if you still need more depth and the D2 cartridges are prohibitively expensive, I consider it a better option properly sanitizing & reusing the originals than grinding the A6's w/ the procedure above.

Whatever route you take - stay safe & wound those lazy follicles till they run out to the light! ;)

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So,

What norwood is everyone now?

This is not some magic pill dumbass. It works differently for everyone and obviously those who still have hair (diffuse) will probably see results earlier as they have showed. It takes time and it's all individual, but at the very least it does keep your hair healthy and possibly even maintains (still early to know 100% sure but other users have done it for years and still have their hair so there's that).

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep replying to him, I can't understand... it's such low-effort bait.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I'm 24, heavy hair loss, currently on Alopexy Minoxidil + Finasteride for 1 month... I'm thinking of adding microneedling to it as well... Do you think that I should stop using finasteride? I don't think I experience any side effects.
Also, could you please recommend me a dermapen or dermaroller? I'm mainly looking for something that can be done quickly and without hassle.
Also, what length of the needles should I be using?
Thank you! You bring me hope xd

Sorry but I can't say whether you'd be better to stop finasteride or not. Just get the cheapest one you can find off Amazon or Ebay. A wired dermapen should cost $25 - 30.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So,

How are even coming back to this thread like you have been proven right? LOL

you have been proven wrong, this is working for loads of us ( with at least 20 individual cases with photos to prove it) and it's working better than ANY current treatment at a fraction of the price with NO SIDES.. you just mad because you was wrong?

I'm on track for full regrowth and it's only been 3 months, I bet your so happy for me, thanks for asking :)

100% this guy has bought a pen and started following what we are doing

Last edited:

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small update on my needling.

I needled again last night (1.75 mm derminator on fast) and this morning my scalp (crown) feels softer - as in less calcification. Assuming that is actually a thing.

This is interesting to me because it’s ALWAYS felt like concrete to touch.

If it gets / feels harder again throughout the week I’m going to look at light needling between derminator sessions like what @chen does. Maybe his regime is breaking down the calcification and maintaining it.
i guess this is the way bro

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So,

6 month mark is around the corner homeslice. Don't forget to come laugh at us because we "piped the f*** down" with no pictures posted!
Or was it the year mark? You changed it everytime, so kinda hard to tell...
Either way, see ya then!

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not know if I explained it right.
I pass dermaroller and minoxidil across the head to stimulate all hair and not just what I want to recover
I suggest cutting short hair from time to time, makes it easy to pass the dermaroller
As you can see I was a bald Norwood 4
good luck to all

So Chen is rolling twice a day for 5 minutes ON THE ENTIRE HEAD? Including the back and the side? Not only on the balder area (front/crown/top of the head)? That would show that the stress created on the skin is quite soft. Not only not bleeding, but also passing on the same spot probably twice of three times max. This also explain how he can handle the 14 times a week rolling routine.

Chen also said that he started doing it ONCE per day, and when he felt the body got adapted to this frequency, he started doing it twice a day.So Chen's frequency can be reached only after some time. I personally wound at 2.0mm (just started last month) once every ten days, wait the skin to be totally healed (4 days) and then roll at 1mm once per day until the next deep wounding rolling.