Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 114795

Quick crown update from me

Regime- derma pen every 7-10 days with 2mm, minoxidil twice a day, scalp massages and sandolor sometimes

I believe you need to go hard to get the best results and that is what i'm doing now, I'm drawing blood

I have no question this is working for me now, i can see clear progress, the crown is slower but I can see something

This is 3 month in

The firat picture is with an iphone 7 and second with iphone 5 so quality is different, both taken under light with flash on to try keep it the same

Goddamn it, Longway, keep going man. Congrats! Undeniable results and your pictures are an excellent example of how the before and after ones should be disolayed: same hair length, same angle, same illumination.
Everyone should follow this example. I don't mean to be rude, but I should mention that many users have posted pics in an incorrect manner. Just follow this example for a fair and unbiased comparison.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 114795

Regime- derma pen every 7-10 days with 2mm, minoxidil twice a day, scalp massages and sandolor sometimes

I believe you need to go hard to get the best results and that is what i'm doing now, I'm drawing blood

I have no question this is working for me now, i can see clear progress, the crown is slower but I can see something

This is 3 month in

The firat picture is with an iphone 7 and second with iphone 5 so quality is different, both taken under light with flash on to try keep it the same

Rssults are clear as day, congrats! Have you noticed anytime during the 3 months that your hair went back down to baseline or even worse? Or has it been constant and steady growth and thickening?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 114795

This is 3 month in

Wow dude, excellent results! It seems youre going to be the next prettyfly.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rssults are clear as day, congrats! Have you noticed anytime during the 3 months that your hair went back down to baseline or even worse? Or has it been constant and steady growth and thickening?

It has been up and down really, some days doubting my progress some days it being obvious, i think like some posters have said that is is so important to keep a picture diary with dates ( something I haven't done too well) because a lot of it I think is your mind playing tricks

I'd say i could see that this was working within a couple of weeks, the first thing that happened with me was my exisiting hair got much thicker and darker and was far easier for me to do a comb over, but I think the first couple of months its really hard to judge if it's working or not

People really need to just stick with this

Last edited:

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had no healing time for a big 1.5 mm session so I did a 0.5 mm session half an hour ago. My skin is very red, that's a good sign. I applied 2 ml of Minoxidil directly after needling. Do you guys think this is dangerous?

I apply minoxidil straight after 2mm needling, I don't think it's dangerous and nothing bad has happened with me and I think applying minoxidil straight after was in the chinese study ( this is only my opionion from doing it, don't take it as gospel)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had no healing time for a big 1.5 mm session so I did a 0.5 mm session half an hour ago. My skin is very red, that's a good sign. I applied 2 ml of Minoxidil directly after needling. Do you guys think this is dangerous?

I think you’ll survive ;)

I’ve read multiple people report applying min straight after needling and aside from it stinging nobody has reported anything negative. Not that I can recall and I have read pretty much every page.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s Monday night in NZ. On Friday night I needled at 1.75mm (derminator 2 on fast).

On Saturday (or Sunday) NZ time I reported that my scalp felt softer after the Friday session.

And today it’s hard again. Feels hard!

I’d be curious to know whether other people have noticed that their scalps (crown) feel softer the next day after needling. But they get harder again after a couple of days.

Can any long term needlers experiences success report that their scalps feel softer all the time?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no improvement for me, needling for quite some time now, forget how many months. I think my follicles are just dead and not coming back to life no matter what i do. Really considering tranny route or a transplant.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no improvement for me, needling for quite some time now, forget how many months. I think my follicles are just dead and not coming back to life no matter what i do. Really considering tranny route or a transplant.

Whats your regime?

Transplant is useless witjout maintanance

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just finished my 7th session a few days ago... almost close to the two month mark.

I started everything in my regimen at the same time around the end of January, but so far so good. I see a lot of small hairs coming in and brushing through my hair it definitely feels fuller and stronger.

Here's my regimen:
  • minoxidil (5%, liquid) x2 daily
  • finasteride (1mg) daily
  • Nizoral (1%) twice a week, biotin shampoo otherwise
  • Dermaneedling (with Derminator 2, 12 needle) once a week, started at 1.5mm but the past few weeks (3 sessions) I have been at 1.75mm. minoxidil directly after (I don't wait at all, haven't had any sides)
  • Biotin and Vitamin D daily
Here's a comparison photo, sorry about the difference in lighting:

View attachment 114801

First of all congrats to your regrowth...

Sadly you started all those treatments together so your case isnt something I would refer to... But In my opinion those diffuse Thinners are probably the best too regrowth all lot of hairs

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your regime?

Transplant is useless witjout maintanance

0.5mg dutasteride daily
10mg oral minoxidil at night
5% topical minoxidil at night with light dermarolling
Needling every 7 days at 2.5mm
various supplements

I just added the topical minoxidil last month or thereabouts hoping it would give a boost of regrowth on my crown. The oral minoxidil seems to have helped diffuse thinning on the top of my head a little but done nothing for my crown.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
View attachment 114795

This is 3 month in

Awsome results! can you just remind me were you on minoxidil before you started wounding? if so how long for?

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s Monday night in NZ. On Friday night I needled at 1.75mm (derminator 2 on fast).

On Saturday (or Sunday) NZ time I reported that my scalp felt softer after the Friday session.

And today it’s hard again. Feels hard!

I’d be curious to know whether other people have noticed that their scalps (crown) feel softer the next day after needling. But they get harder again after a couple of days.

Can any long term needlers experiences success report that their scalps feel softer all the time?
That happenes to me too, i was thinking about doing needling more often, but didn’t really decide what to do yet.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a strong regimen.

If that won't do anything get a hair transplant.

Not as extreme as some peoples, bridgeburns regimen comes to mind. I will stick with this a while longer though and see what happens. No bad side effects on my current regime but if i go the tranny route im bound to get gyno etc transplant is also an option.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is tranny regimen even viable? The side effects must be horrendous, it's not worth it imo.

If you are really willing to go that far then just get a hair system or get a transplant if you're loss isn't that bad.

My hair loss is not bad enough to warrant a wig, i can't think of anything worse. I can still hide my balding with dry hair and some combing, there is just a stubborn almost slick bald part of my crown that refuses to fill in.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Flaking/Peeling question for you guys... do you find you flake consistently across your entire scalp? Or does it tend to be in particular areas?

Day 4 after my last session and the skin is flaking now... though primarily on my right side (which is the more receded side too, both temple & crown).

I find that weird ... as I think I do a very consistent job in pressure/coverage/intensity across the scalp now after ~7 sessions or so... you'd figure it'd be flaking/peeling all over?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awsome results! can you just remind me were you on minoxidil before you started wounding? if so how long for?
Yes he has! This is what he said:
Longway886 said:
Yes I Have on and off for years with no results before needling
Flaking/Peeling question for you guys... do you find you flake consistently across your entire scalp? Or does it tend to be in particular areas?

Day 4 after my last session and the skin is flaking now... though primarily on my right side (which is the more receded side too, both temple & crown).

I find that weird ... as I think I do a very consistent job in pressure/coverage/intensity across the scalp now after ~7 sessions or so... you'd figure it'd be flaking/peeling all over?
I barely even flake. And I press, man... I really do.
Weird indeed.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a transplant then, easy fix or wait it out with microneedling/minoxidil.

It's definitely something to consider but transplants are expensive, i would probably need between 1200 and 1500 grafts, thats if they would even do it since my crown is diffused except for one part. Im thinking about taking 20mg minoxidil, 10 in the morning 10 at night, see if that helps.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I barely even flake. And I press, man... I really do.
Weird indeed.

Hmm.. interesting. I'd say both my temples consistently flake afterwards for sure. I go a fair bit past my (current) hairline since they've receded so much. I've just been paying attention though now to the rest of the scalp - and it seems like it is mostly mostly/primarily the right side.