Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Almost looks like shock loss. Not saying it is, but certainly seeMs that way. Have lost tons of density back into the area in my hairline where I have needles for 4 months
Are you on anything else? Or just needling?

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"shock loss" is probably just a shed cycle. Shed cycles can be scary, but just keep going.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Small needling update:

I'm 2 hours away from starting my 6th session and my hair this week started to feel thicker.

I'm one of the needlers who reported and complained about worsening, and I can not say that my hair is better than 2 months ago when I started needling, but it DEFINITELY has improved over the past two weeks after my 5th sesh, taking me back to baseline, so I believe that it can only get better from here :)

Attachments

• 561A0E23-C892-43D4-BBC7-561D97853884.jpeg
    561A0E23-C892-43D4-BBC7-561D97853884.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 774

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small needling update:

I'm 2 hours away from starting my 6th session and my hair this week started to feel thicker.

I'm one of the needlers who reported and complained about worsening, and I can not say that my hair is better than 2 months ago when I started needling, but it DEFINITELY has improved, taking me back to baseline, so I believe that it can only get better from here :)

Keep going. It's possible you may see results quick now

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a question to all of you who've been using a dermapen for a while. Do you experience the micro tearing issue? If so, is it permanent?

@LowHairLine Thank you very much for your thorough comparison between the Ultima A6 and the Derminator 2. Originally, I wanted to get the Derminator 2, but after looking a bit more into Vaughter Wellness, I'm not so sure about that anymore. In your comparison, you stated that you got micro tearing all over your scalp after using the Ultima A6. Has that been permanent, or did it heal quickly?

Oh and a completely different question: has anyone tried the Hairmetto lotion mentioned in one of the YouTube videos posted a couple pages ago? Topical saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil seems like a pretty good idea in theory. The product is damn expensive though.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Giving my obligatory, annoying, non-optimistic update:

Have been dermaneedling my hairline and temples with my electric pen at 1.75 mm (for two weeks now at 2.0 mm) since October 22nd on a weekly basis, with minoxidil 5% once a day. Added vigorous daily scalp massages a few weeks ago. Still no positive changes to report after 4.5 months (18 weeks).

Quite the contrary, though unrelated to my needling: My gf recently pointed out that my crown now also started to lose density.
Oh well, goodbye Norwood 3.9 territory. NW4, here I come. At age 29. Great.

Will start needling the crown now too: Maybe, as I am catching it early, I can at least halt the balding of the crown and maybe even reverse it? Who knows, maybe the temples are beyond saving but maybe I can at least keep my crown?

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@LowHairLine ...[in your] comparison between the Ultima A6 and the Derminator 2...you stated that you got micro tearing all over your scalp after using the Ultima A6. Has that been permanent, or did it heal quickly?

@ TEARING
Well, my mini-review post only states
"...the A6 needle stays in the skin longer, increasing pain & risk of transversal Tearing"

I have edited it a few times since posting for clarity, but to my knowledge "got tearing all over my scalp" was never there(?) Anyway, have now added this for better clarity:
"EDIT: the higher tearing risk was only theoretically evaluated due to the A6 longer penetration times, which in combination with fast lateral movement could elongate the holes - BUT I did NOT analyze my wounds to assess this and did NOT notice any consequences after healing;"

If anything is still unclear pls let me know.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ TEARING
"...the A6 needle stays in the skin longer, increasing pain & risk of transversal Tearing"

I have edited it a few times since posting for clarity, but to my knowledge "got tearing all over my scalp" was never there(?) Anyway, have now added this for better clarity:
"EDIT: the higher tearing risk was only theoretically evaluated due to the A6 longer penetration times, which in combination with fast lateral movement could elongate the holes - BUT I did NOT analyze my wounds to assess this and did NOT notice any consequences after healing;"

post a pic of your hair

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
to add to my previous post.

at the 11 week mark. i just took some photos and I'm pretty certain that I have indeed receded further. Very disheartened.

May I ask why? There are a bunch of cases where people wouldn't see results until much later. 3 months isn't really much for any treatment. I wouldn't be disheartened just yet.

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ TEARING

I must have misunderstood you then, sorry. Thanks for the clarification and thanks again for taking the time to do this comparison.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Giving my obligatory, annoying, non-optimistic update:

Have been dermaneedling my hairline and temples with my electric pen at 1.75 mm (for two weeks now at 2.0 mm) since October 22nd on a weekly basis, with minoxidil 5% once a day. Added vigorous daily scalp massages a few weeks ago. Still no positive changes to report after 4.5 months (18 weeks).

Quite the contrary, though unrelated to my needling: My gf recently pointed out that my crown now also started to lose density.
Oh well, goodbye Norwood 3.9 territory. NW4, here I come. At age 29. Great.

Will start needling the crown now too: Maybe, as I am catching it early, I can at least halt the balding of the crown and maybe even reverse it? Who knows, maybe the temples are beyond saving but maybe I can at least keep my crown?
Use minoxidil 2x a day as advertised

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
to add to my previous post.

at the 11 week mark. i just took some photos and I'm pretty certain that I have indeed receded further. Very disheartened.

what do you expect

youre not using finasteride or min

aka you are not really doing anything to prevent further hairloss

needling is not a treatment in itself.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you expect

youre not using finasteride or min

aka you are not really doing anything to prevent further hairloss

needling is not a treatment in itself.

I am on min. I'm a Finasteride non-responder.

May I ask why? There are a bunch of cases where people wouldn't see results until much later. 3 months isn't really much for any treatment. I wouldn't be disheartened just yet.

Like who? I will continue needling. I was so happy this seemed to be working for me, finally. Just as soon as I got my hopes up, seems I was wrong!

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for this topic, it gave me a lot of motivation to do something without having to resort to meds.

Today I did my first needling session (I bought the derminator 2) at 1.25mm depth, I might go to 1.5mm depth next time and I intend to do a needling session once per 2 weeks but perhaps even once a week depending on how I recover. My scalp was pretty red just after the session but that has gone away already after a few hours, my scalp does still feel quite soar though.

I am not using minoxidil so I am very curious to see if I will get any results in say 6 months time. I am using biotin supplements, regenepure shampoo (with ketoconozal 1%) 3 times a week, every night a presumably snake oil topical (called numinox) which I got as a present (here take this as a gift because you are bald, haha!) and I have bought the growband from hairIossrevolution. To be honest, I feel like a retard wearing the thing and am very skeptical of its use but I will give it a try, I intend to use it everyday before bed time for say 20 mins.

If after 6 months no progress has been made at all I might add in minoxidil but I really rather don't, I know that a lot of the users here have seen results in combination with minoxidil. Since last month I have started taking photos almost every 2 weeks so in case I make progress I might upload them. Just felt like posting this because this topic caused me to start needling.

Sasquatch6143

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the guys who responded with needling alone, ie no min, finasteride etc measured their progress in years not months.

The original post for this thread was very clear.... needle and min. If you guys change the treatment don't be dissatisfied if you get different results.

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my third session last night (1.5mm every 7 days), applying minoxidil twice a day (was only applying once before needling), and on and off finasteride for about 10 years. I feel like after 3 weeks I’ve shed quite a bit, and hair is probably the worst it’s ever been - but I’m hoping that due to increased minoxidil use and needling induced shed. Taking lots of photos so will able to update in a few months time when hopefully things start to look up a bit more

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
The Ultima A6 is justt as good as any other pen IMO. There are youtube videos proving the needles go in and out instead of just 'vibrating' like some claim is all it does. It works exactly thr same as the derminator but less than a quarter of the price.
No brainer really