Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think st this point, it’s safe to say that the infrequency of results from different users only adds to the argument of there being many different causes to hairloss. I have been needling + minoxidil for over 4 mos now, and have only gotten worse. I only had slight thinning in my hairline. When I started it was almost unnoticeable. Now, 4 mos in, its much more noticeable. Yet, diffuse thinners, or people with more severe loss have gotten some great results. Yet again we are seeing that hairloss continues to not allow us a one size fits all solution.

Are you wounding hard enough?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you wounding hard enough?
To say that it has to be done until your head is turned into a bloody pulp is misleading, I think. Every single study that we sight and use for proof of concept, they only wounded to redness. I use 1.5 derminator once every 7-10 days. I take it even slightly beyond just redness to little dots of blood. Some people have gone to a bloody pulp, others just redness. Some in both cases have gotten results..... but not most.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To say that it has to be done until your head is turned into a bloody pulp is misleading, I think. Every single study that we sight and use for proof of concept, they only wounded to redness. I use 1.5 derminator once every 7-10 days. I take it even slightly beyond just redness to little dots of blood. Some people have gone to a bloody pulp, others just redness. Some in both cases have gotten results..... but not most.

Imo, it's necessary to wound. I would say I go somewhere inbetween the pressure of redness and bloody pulp. I didn't see results until I started applying heavier pressure. It's nothing like a bloody pulp but it's more aggressive than redness and some blood spots.

I have had moderate results. Needling is definitely working for me. My question is if stopping regenepureDR (ketaconzole, an anti inflammatory) would lead to full results.

jh0nnyc4sh

Reaction score
I don't hear nobody in this thread talking about iodine. In the indian study they put betadine(a iodine form) on the scalp. I think this is a underrated point. If u remember 2young2retire also use betadine.
But there is more. In a 2005 case study they investigate about topical iodine(lugol) on wound regeneration and they discover the possibility of hair rigeneration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re..._A_case_report_An_interim_35_year_summary/amp

". Not all, but most important results are presented. Topical iodine induces hair growth in and around scars."

Also Cotsarelis in one of the follica's patent talk about apply some topical on induced wound. In the list of this topical he includes iodine ond others similar element like lithium.

Resuming : i think we must consider iodine and his derivates (betadine, lugol) not only like disinfectant, but also for their active role in hair regrowth.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about this. My theory is Minoxidil is a dermarolling enhancer. It's actually the reverse. Dermarolling is wounding, creating an entirely new environment for new hair growth and minoxidil is speeding up the new growth process by being a vasodilator and providing optimal conditions for the environment.

Hence why studies show

Minoxidil alone hasn't worked for some patients.

Dermarolling works alone but takes a long time.

The combination of both provides the fastest results.

A handful of people have had significant results without the use of minoxidil on these forums also.

A good way to think about this is to view Minoxidil in the aspect of steroids. If you hit the gym hard, eat right, etc you will achieve muscle growth over some period of time with consistency. If you start taking steroids while doing this, you will achieve the results faster. With that said you can still achieve desired results without the steroids, it will just take longer with consistency.

(As a disclaimer, this is merely an example and i don't reccoomend anybody uses steroids)

If you look at follica's sight they say wounding creates an environment for regrowth. However the topical is there to push the skin to form a new hair. It makes sense.

What someone asked before is what happens when we achieve the regrowth we want? Can we stop using minoxidil, can we wound less frequently. The later i definitely think to be true, we had people in the studies not lose results 4-5 months after. We also had two young stop for years and keep his results. I can manage wounding once a week, i can def do it once a month for the rest of my life if need be. minoxidil we have to see.

True although we never really saw pics of ever single person in the studies. I still think its beneficial to throw in a "heavier" type session once a month.The beauty is i don't think we'd have to do something like this long term. Right now were wounding for growth. Maintenance is probably alot different.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't hear nobody in this thread talking about iodine. In the indian study they put betadine(a iodine form) on the scalp. I think this is a underrated point. If u remember 2young2retire also use betadine.
But there is more. In a 2005 case study they investigate about topical iodine(lugol) on wound regeneration and they discover the possibility of hair rigeneration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re..._A_case_report_An_interim_35_year_summary/amp

". Not all, but most important results are presented. Topical iodine induces hair growth in and around scars."

Also Cotsarelis in one of the follica's patent talk about apply some topical on induced wound. In the list of this topical he includes iodine ond others similar element like lithium.

Resuming : i think we must consider iodine and his derivates (betadine, lugol) not only like disinfectant, but also for their active role in hair regrowth.

Interesting. When 2young says "dip galea in betandine" what does he mean?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at follica's sight they say wounding creates an environment for regrowth. However the topical is there to push the skin to form a new hair. It makes sense.

What someone asked before is what happens when we achieve the regrowth we want? Can we stop using minoxidil, can we wound less frequently. The later i definitely think to be true, we had people in the studies not lose results 4-5 months after. We also had two young stop for years and keep his results. I can manage wounding once a week, i can def do it once a month for the rest of my life if need be. minoxidil we have to see.

True although we never really saw pics of ever single person in the studies. I still think its beneficial to throw in a "heavier" type session once a month.The beauty is i don't think we'd have to do something like this long term. Right now were wounding for growth. Maintenance is probably alot different.
It may be different, but here’s the problem..... I haven’t even gotten that. And it seems that others on here have experienced the same thing. I set out on this for Maintenance, primarily, since I hat quit finasteride. If I got regrowth, fantastic... that’s a bonus. I haven’t gotten either, and it’s only gotten worse. Again, this has clearly worked for some people, but why there is there such an unpredictability as to whom it will work for?.....That is the big question.

Last edited:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
he means head lol
it's a euphemism for head in italian
It's not Italian though. Galea is the piece of tissue across your scalp connecting to the muscles surrounding it. If you look up what it looks like you would realize that it perfectly coincides with male pattern baldness pattern. Many people supporting the mechanic stress theory regards it as the root cause of baldness. So he was essentially saying "cover NW6 in betadine".

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not Italian though. Galea is the piece of tissue across your scalp connecting to the muscles surrounding it. If you look up what it looks like you would realize that it perfectly coincides with male pattern baldness pattern. Many people supporting the mechanic stress theory regards it as the root cause of baldness. So he was essentially saying "cover NW6 in betadine".

so... essentially just cover your head.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
The majority of you guys going at a depth of 2mm or deeper? 2mm causes redness and occasional blood dots for me, but nothing close to some of these butchering blood photos I’m seeing of some of your scalps.

I have noticable redness that lasts 72 hours after every session. However, do I need to go deeper and shred my scalp even more to get even better results? 2mm at this point does not hurt much anymore. It’s just uncomfortable, but tolerable.

I could go deeper, but curious if anyone getting results is in fact doing 2.5mm or even higher.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The majority of you guys going at a depth of 2mm or deeper? 2mm causes redness and occasional blood dots for me, but nothing close to some of these butchering blood photos I’m seeing of some of your scalps.

I have noticable redness that lasts 72 hours after every session. However, do I need to go deeper and shred my scalp even more to get even better results? 2mm at this point does not hurt much anymore. It’s just uncomfortable, but tolerable.

I could go deeper, but curious if anyone getting results is in fact doing 2.5mm or even higher.

I use 1.5mm and i have results. You just need to press a bit harder. I don't butcher my scalp but it's hard enough where red dots appear as i roll.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to knock your results or demean or anything like that I'm just genuinely asking....what the heck do you do after a rolling session like that when your head is just covered in blood? How do you go grab a bite to eat or go to work the next morning? If this really works with diffuse thinners and minoxidil users I may have to give it a real go but it seems highly impractical to be walking around with what equates to a massive, open wound on top of the head.
It is well known that head wounds bleed profusely, but heal quickly. Just like a wound inside the mouth heals faster than one on your arm. This may have something to do with hair growth. Exaggerated healing to protect the scalp due to wounding. Growth factors rush to the wound for quick healing and regeneration of tissue.

Last edited: