Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not only do you have re-growth, your hair looks healthy. I'm only about 10 days in and I feel like my hair is healthier and perhaps a little bit denser too.

Right?! I noticed that early on as well - despite shedding. What hair there was - seemed to be a little perkier, more alive. FWIW - the hair on top of my head was growing at a very slow rate. I'd go 3 haircuts usually (~3 months) before getting anything trimmed on top at the barber. I'd get the sides/back done but it was just so dead up there it. It was the same way when I was on Minoxidil only for 2 years. Slow on top. It's still not the same rate yet - but feels more like I'll be getting a trim on top for every 2 haircuts on the sides/back.

I can see my hair was lighter and more dead in my before pictures and also from my memory it was a lighter shade in colour and yet I have black hair.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Of course. The data is "public domain", anyone can do with it whatever they want.

Regarding my own results: They continue to be as non-existent as before. I am now 4 months in, still no results whatsoever. Want to report them again though as people were suggesting non-responders at the 4 month mark are only due to a lack of minoxidil.
To recap my regime:
  • Weekly electric dermaneedling at 1.75 mm (only in affected areas, i.e. front and temples, plus 2 cm into my remaining hair and 2 cm below hairline)
  • minoxidil 5% (rogaine) once a day
  • Added scalp massages one month ago, haven't been doing them as regularly as I would have liked
  • No results at all at 4 month mark

The new results published by @chen are very encouraging though. Basically he is doing what @Somebody (Alex) was doing very successfully. Maybe higher frequency is really the way to go? Or maybe, to reap the benefits of both deep but seldom needling and of shallow but more frequent needling, we could try to follow a hybrid approach? I was thinking as follows:
  • needle deeply, at 1.75 mm
  • let your skin heal for one week
  • now needle daily at 1.0 mm for one week
  • repeat
Basically, we would be alternating between deep and seldom needling, and shallow daily needling.
Opinions?

Thanks a lot @chen for not only answering our questions, but also for posting very helpful and insightful photos! Obrigado!

@chen could you answer the following questions, so we can get a better picture of your whole process and progress?
  1. When did you start dermaneedling? (month + year)
  2. Since when do you use minoxidil? (month + year)
  3. Since when do you use finasteride? (month + year)
  4. What kind of device do you use for dermaneedling? (roller / stamp / electric pen)
  5. Which length are your needles? (in mm)
  6. How often do you needle?
  7. When did you see the first noticeable regrowth? (month + year)
I created a full-blown survey for assessing/tracking everybody's progress here. I will send you the whole survey via PM. Take your time to answer it, it's a bit long.
It would be great through if you could already answer these 7 questions.

Thanks a lot!

I don't understand how in hell it makes sense to do it daily. No way it has fully healed within a day, so same logic as overtraining on the gym applies. Also inflammation levels would probably build up. Somebody goes at an undetermined depth since he uses a 1.5mm dermastamp but "goes subtle" so who knows. That is assuming he isn't a scammer of sorts.

I also still think "shedding" is a meme. If the follicle was improving it would just starting growing thicker, not doing some sort of reset as if it was a computer.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys, im about to embark on this derma rolling journey, what alcohol do i need to buy to clean with?

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else's hair oddly shaped, like electrified?

Talking about those who are 1-2 months into needling and reporting worsening.

Right now my hair is much more difficult to style and definitely feels thinner

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_0452.jpg
I wasn't going to post any updates but I feel I owe it to this thread

Slightly different light but both pics are in light with the flash on, picture quality not great either

11 weeks in needling 2mm every 7-10 days, pressing firm until slight blood, minoxidil straight after and minoxidil morning and night everyday, sandalor whenever i remember in vanicream and scalp massages whenever I remember

Edit - I used minoxidil on and off for years with no results beforw needling

This is defitely helping me and my hair is getting stronger and thicker everyday

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Longway886 - You know ... I was figuring you might surface soon. "Where'd he go?" I thought today.... and here you are! With more hair! I was enthused with your progress that you shared earlier in the thread.

Thanks for tuning back in with more results!

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 113093 I wasn't going to post any updates but I feel I owe it to this thread

Slightly different light but both pics are in light with the flash on, picture quality not great either

11 weeks in needling 2mm every 7-10 days, pressing firm until slight blood, minoxidil straight after and minoxidil morning and night everyday, sandalor whenever i remember in vanicream and scalp massages whenever I remember

This is defitely helping me and my hair is getting stronger and thicker everyday
Your improvements are undeniable.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
View attachment 113093 I wasn't going to post any updates but I feel I owe it to this thread

When did you start Minoxidil?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You have obvious results after only 11 weeks, that is amazing i'm exited for you! Good luck!

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i got my derminator in the mail today after a month, but im not sure if i want to switch at this point from the dermaroller because im seeing gains, even though the dermaroller hurts so much

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@rizaster - You could always use both. Rotate the use of them. I think layabout is doing that. Also numberman was using his roller alongside his pen still. You bought the Derminator for a reason after all - so put it to use!