Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting insight from chen,

0.5-1mm for 5-10min everyday, 2 times a day , I dont really beleive you need that much frequency ( for what we know atleast )

------------------------------------why? let me explain.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting hair back from male pattern baldness is not only about bloodflow

If it really was only about how much bloodflow you have on your scalp, everyone would be getting results from minoxidil alone.

But, not everyone gets results from minoxidil alone
because: they have fibrosis that is preventing or blocking bloodflow to feed the follicles. thats the only reason we have ''non responders'' to minoxidil. And the only reason minoxidil looses effectiveness is most likely because of the progression of fibrosis on their scalp.

They need to reverse the fibrosis with microneedling ------> And I dont think you need to needle everyday to reverse fibrosis.

thats why i think wounding 1.5mm every 1-4weeks still the best in my opinion...... to reverse fibrosis.

Last edited:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to get a new dermaroller lol

My 1.5mm started flaking paint off

It lasted close to three months.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m getting ready to do another needle session, I’m brushing through my hair pretty aggressively and it’s snowing in my bathroom.. flakes all over the place. This is going to be my third session, is it normal for skin to flake like that when needling?

As a side note, I’ve never had dandruff a day in my life

Yep. Maybe not for everyone, but many people have mentioned flaking. Almost more like dry/peeling from a sunburn. I usually get it around day 4 after needling, and it persists to about day 10-12 afterwards. One of the reasons why I think my scalp needs a couple weeks in between sessions.

Last edited:

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep. Maybe not for everyone, but it many people have mentioned flaking. Almost more like dry/peeling from a sunburn. I usually get it around day 4 after needling, and it persists to about day 10-12 afterwards. One of the reasons why I think my scalp needs a couple weeks in between sessions.
Exactly the same for me

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am at the 2 month mark now - having done 5 sessions in that time. So not quite weekly. My survey data is here for those interested in other details.

My hair feels like it is starting to come around. After an initial shed it looked a little decimated, even more so than my December baseline pic below.

Sadly locations/lighting are not the same as I'm travelling for the recent pics, so take that into account. When I return home I'll get in the same location/lighting. (Edit: I've updated photos now that I'm home - so they're taken in the same bathroom lighting) Hair length in the photos is about as close as they can be between haircuts too.

I felt like posting this though, as I can feel a difference. I occasionally use Toppik and have been noticing much better hair days to put it simply... looks better and I don't have to use as much. A slight difference based on these pics, but confirms what I'm feeling.

0eTc3Sx.jpg

tA2wk9L.jpg

Attachments

• 2ot1kPf.jpg
    2ot1kPf.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. Maybe not for everyone, but it many people have mentioned flaking. Almost more like dry/peeling from a sunburn. I usually get it around day 4 after needling, and it persists to about day 10-12 afterwards. One of the reasons why I think my scalp needs a couple weeks in between sessions.
Same. You’re wounding your skin afterall. Completely normal for that wounded/dead skin to flake off just as a wound anywhere else on your body would. It’d be super weird if your skin didn’t flake afterwards

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
scary cancer studies even if we needle once every 1-4weeks. because we are all planning to do this for the longrun if we get enough good results, we will keep doing this for 10-30years,

that isnt comforting to hear, even if they think its ''perfectly safe with 1-4weeks frequency''
Extremely small risk.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am at the 2 month mark now - having done 6 sessions in that time. So not quite weekly. My survey data is here for those interested in other details.

My hair feels like it is starting to come around.
After an initial shed it looked a little decimated, even more so than my December baseline pic below.

Sadly locations/lighting are not the same as I'm travelling for the recent pics, so take that into account. When I return home I'll get in the same location/lighting. Hair length in the photos is about as close as they can be between haircuts too.

I felt like posting this though, as I can feel a difference. I occasionally use Toppik and have been noticing much better hair days to put it simply... looks better and I don't have to use as much. A slight difference based on these pics, but confirms what I'm feeling.

View attachment 112818

View attachment 112819

Nice results. Do you us Minoxidil? If yes, since when?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@FCKW36 All of that info is in the survey url I posted.

I had previously used Minoxidil for around two years' time. Maybe it helped me maintain, or loss was slowed considerably... but definitely no re-growth in that time. I went off it for 6 months... as I just wasn't pleased that I didn't have any re-growth and thought I may as well quit rather than waste the money. Of course I eventually started to shed and things became quite thin.

I started minoxidil again a week before needling (Dec 10). I did also start Finasteride at that time and used a M/W/F low dosing of 1mg. I found this thread a few days into my prescription ... and decided after a month to quit finasteride and just try minoxidil and needling. So my results could certainly be skewed. I decided to quit so I could understand what effect the needling would have with minoxidil ... since with minoxidil alone for 2 years it only helped me maintain.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am at the 2 month mark now - having done 6 sessions in that time. So not quite weekly. My survey data is here for those interested in other details.

My hair feels like it is starting to come around.
After an initial shed it looked a little decimated, even more so than my December baseline pic below.

Sadly locations/lighting are not the same as I'm travelling for the recent pics, so take that into account. When I return home I'll get in the same location/lighting. Hair length in the photos is about as close as they can be between haircuts too.

View attachment 112818

View attachment 112819
Looks like improvement to me mids filled in and crown circle seems smaller

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need results from people who haven't started Microneedling at the same time they started Minoxidil or Finasteride.
why?
if you understand it, you do not need to take supplements, or use oils, special shampoos, special food, special medical treatments,
or stay at that to choose, dermapen, dermaroller, special light, special medications or anything.
you still believe that you will succeed in just one miracle method? and that knowing that the baldness is not a disease but a condition of your body?

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
You used a bad wording. Not that baldness is permanent but is progressive if it's not being constantly adressed.

As for frequency. It might be too dangerous to dermaroll everyday twice a day. I have in mind studies from 2011 how they link wounding to form tumors originating from neighboring hair follicles. As microneedling is performed at clinics at 1-2 weeks to a month intervals and is considered perfectly safe increasing to 14 times a week might be just balancing on a thin line.

Link to articles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21321199

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21321207
this can be a big problem.
So the ideal solution is to use dermaroller only until you recover your hair and at the same time keep the finasteride so we can give more recovery time.
that's why I said that finasteride and dermaroller with minoxidil are complementary and I set as a goal to decrease the use of the dermaroller after 2022 when I believe I have recovered the whole hair

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting insight from chen,

0.5-1mm for 5-10min everyday, 2 times a day , I dont really beleive you need that much frequency ( for what we know atleast )

------------------------------------why? let me explain.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting hair back from male pattern baldness is not only about bloodflow

If it really was only about how much bloodflow you have on your scalp, everyone would be getting results from minoxidil alone.

But, not everyone gets results from minoxidil alone
because: they have fibrosis that is preventing or blocking bloodflow to feed the follicles. thats the only reason we have ''non responders'' to minoxidil. And the only reason minoxidil looses effectiveness is most likely because of the progression of fibrosis on their scalp.

They need to reverse the fibrosis with microneedling ------> And I dont think you need to needle everyday to reverse fibrosis.

thats why i think wounding 1.5mm every 1-4weeks still the best in my opinion...... to reverse fibrosis.
Great, continue and then show result

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score
scary cancer studies even if we needle once every 1-4weeks. because we are all planning to do this for the longrun if we get enough good results, we will keep doing this for 10-30years,

that isnt comforting to hear, even if they think its ''perfectly safe with 1-4weeks frequency''
very worrisome
my suggestion is to continue the treatment until the hair is recovered and to take finasteride in this way when diminishing the use of the dermaroller or for definitely, it is possible that it holds the wires that have been lost. nothing is guaranteed is only a solution to a hypothetical problem

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why?
if you understand it, you do not need to take supplements, or use oils, special shampoos, special food, special medical treatments,
or stay at that to choose, dermapen, dermaroller, special light, special medications or anything.
you still believe that you will succeed in just one miracle method? and that knowing that the baldness is not a disease but a condition of your body?

Why? To know if sh*t is working and not a freaking waste of time.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's official: Dermarolling causes CANCER.

Everybody gotta stop dermarolling now.

Time to get back to finasteride.

@Admin, close the thread