Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, it looks like you’ll respond well, diffusers who still have some type of hair all over tend to do well with needling.

Hope so mate. My hair looks ok when dry, but under harsh lights and wet it's so different

Attachments

• 9DF348B3-CD83-459E-AD38-6ECFCB8B2E56.jpeg
    9DF348B3-CD83-459E-AD38-6ECFCB8B2E56.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 596

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im going back to biweekly sessions.

the itch comes back after like three days

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
im going back to biweekly sessions.

the itch comes back after like three days

My 2nd session was Saturday, here it is Wednesday and I feel like I’m fully healed for another go but I heard 7-10 days is the recommended schedule. I’m thinking of going against that and getting another in this evening. I wonder if that’s pushing it?

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baseline photo taken about a month ago before any treatment, I’ll keep updating as I progress.

Attachments

• C17C4858-E3EE-4D57-BAC4-F1A18E3FE14D.jpeg
    C17C4858-E3EE-4D57-BAC4-F1A18E3FE14D.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 475

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
I did my first session last night with a 1.5 roller,wasnt really sure if i was doing it right,it was hurting at the time but this morning it didnt seem to hurt at all? Did i not go hard enough with it? Should it be bleeding after as my scalp wasnt it was just red

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My 2nd session was Saturday, here it is Wednesday and I feel like I’m fully healed for another go but I heard 7-10 days is the recommended schedule. I’m thinking of going against that and getting another in this evening. I wonder if that’s pushing it?

I am wondering about this as well. Again the purpose of this right now for alot of us is regrowth. To push the scalp into forming a new follicle. Thats where the topical comes in to help. Maybe wounding right away once healed would be beneficial in speeding up early results. I'm glad people are trying all different methods. I may try something like this as well in the future. Im still getting results, notice thickening every week, its still a slow process. Some hairs are vellus, some intermediate, some thick dark hairs. Its a cycle.

I still think once people get the desired result we'll be able to wound far less. I'd cut it back to once a month or once every two weeks at that point.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

using a pen two times a week is pushing it

im doing a light dermaroll

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Chris-lee09 & @sportsguy97 - Everyone may be different in terms of healing. If your scalp no longer feels tender, or isn't red or isn't flaking/peeling - you're probably good to go. I'm 7 days off my session from last week now - and I'm still peeling on my temples a little and elsewhere. Scalp feels fine though. Until I get rid of the peeling - I am holding off. That might be 10 days for me, or 14.

I'm sure there's a much more scientific understanding of what's going on with the scalp healing during this time. Until we have some of that data - go with your gut in the interim.

I do somewhat equate this to the gym whether it makes sense or not. Destroying your muscles constantly with little healing time won't do any good. Rest/recoup is really important in the healing process.

Last edited:

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m thinking about getting a dermalen. If Anyone has the time could you post a link to the dermalen you are using? Thanks!

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZLulic - Most people are going off of the studies which ranged between 1 to 2 week intervals. You're right though - most reading about micro needling (on esthetician/spa sites for face/etc) seems to indicate 3 to 4 week downtime between sessions.

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZLulic - Most people are going off of the studies which ranged between 1 to 2 week intervals. You're right though - most reading about micro needling (on esthetician/spa sites for face/etc) seems to indicate 3/4 week downtime between sessions.

I am wondering what is the best time period? The studies were done with intervals between 1 and 2 weeks as you say. But we dont know if results would have been superior with time intervals as recommended by general esthetician sites.
An added problem is that each individual responds differently. Its frustrating....

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there was some optional needle size that was known to take 25% longer, but carried far less risk of scalp damage, wouldn't you take that deal? I would.

Err on the side of longer intervals if you're not sure. Keep your scalp safer. There is no critical need to nail the absolutely shortest possible window between sessions.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 week update- still trucking on. I think im beginning to see a crop of thin new hairs on my hairline. But in general i think ive maintained. Still waiting to properly figure out how im doing.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there was some optional needle size that was known to take 25% longer, but carried far less risk of scalp damage, wouldn't you take that deal? I would.

Err on the side of longer intervals if you're not sure. Keep your scalp safer. There is no critical need to nail the absolutely shortest possible window between sessions.

Yep...1mm a fortnight is enough for me!

Hairo

My Regimen
Reaction score
my 4 month update, really not sure if i have anything positive to report so far. In fact things could be worst, really struggling to get same position and lighting for photos. Also does anyone else sneeze when dermapening?!? Its getting a little overwhelming!

Attachments

• 4 month.jpg
    4 month.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 687

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my 4 month update, really not sure if i have anything positive to report so far. In fact things could be worst, really struggling to get same position and lighting for photos. Also does anyone else sneeze when dermapening?!? Its getting a little overwhelming!

Looks the same to me. Thought pic 4 is the worst at first but i realized it's because of the positon of your head. (head is a little bit more tilted which shows more of the crown)

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks the same to me. Thought pic 4 is the worst at first but i realized it's because of the positon of your head. (head is a little bit more tilted which shows more of the crown)
The front of his head looks most improved.