Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my opinion, but reading from the beginning of the thread i think your seeing 70-80% of people seeing something. Which is somewhat consistent with the studies. Again and its still early.

I'm not going to deny with needling some people's response could be super slow. However i truly believe with needling we'll be able to maintain all the hair we gain because we are attacking part of the root problem. If i told you you'd be able to gain half a norwood a year through needling, yes the progress would be painstakingly slow. However if i was able to maintain that regrowth it'd be a home run.

And again at the very least even in extreme non responders..... why not continue to needle at least once a month for a couple of years. The purpose of needling is to push growth factors. To push the follice to make a hair. To me even small regrowth at 3-4 months is impressive.....again if we can keep the hair we gain.

The thing is that the studies report 100% of people are responders. In my opinion, it is far from consistent with the 70%ish we are seeing here. Anyway, we should really compile all the data into charts and tables to infer the real percentage of responders of this trial.

DepressionPrince

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope you all doing great!

I am about to reach my fifth session (in 2 days).

What have I noticed, though?

I surely think that my hair now is at its worst, and I feel so f*****g down because of that.
I mean, I don't experience itching anymore and my scalp feels healthier (it seems), as I already said many times.

BUT!

My hair is shedding af. It is so annoying, and I can't handle it. The shed is not with tiny hairs, but with long, dark hairs.

At this point, I have to always comb my hair in a certain way in order for it not to look obvious, and it takes too much time in front of the mirror. But, anyway, at this time of the year, if I wear a hat or if I do not wash my head at least once in two days, I already look kinda pathetic (as I see it).

I think I see some regrowth at my temples, though. A lot of white hairs and some occasional dark hairs. I pray that they will grow longer, but let's see.

I just wanted to ask you guys - how do you deal with this kind of depression?
I consider that maybe I should cut my hair shorter, so I will not have to find the ways to comb my hair in one specific way all the time and maybe won't give that much of emotion to it.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is that the studies report 100% of people are responders. In my opinion, it is far from consistent with the 70%ish we are seeing here. Anyway, we should really compile all the data into charts and tables to infer the real percentage of responders of this trial.

I definitely understand what your saying. I thought in the studies the patients answered those questions based upon 6 months though. Also increase can be a bit subjective. However yes your right the majority of them seemed to at least see something. I just think at the very least even if people are seeing minimal regrowth, its still something we can build on going forward. Remember the original poster started seeing something around 2 months or so. And he was a great responder. Who's to say other people don't take 6 months to "start seeing something" . Everyone is different.

Again nothing guaranteed, but i want people to stay with this for at least a year or two. Then we will know for sure.

I surely think that my hair now is at its worst, and I feel so f*****g down because of that.
I mean, I don't experience itching anymore and my scalp feels healthier (it seems), as I already said many times.

BUT!

My hair is shedding af. It is so annoying, and I can't handle it. The shed is not with tiny hairs, but with long, dark hairs.

At this point, I have to always comb my hair in a certain way in order for it not to look obvious, and it takes too much time in front of the mirror. But, anyway, at this time of the year, if I wear a hat or if I do not wash my head at least once in two days, I already look kinda pathetic (as I see it).

I think I see some regrowth at my temples, though. A lot of white hairs and some occasional dark hairs. I pray that they will grow longer, but let's see.

I consider that maybe I should cut my hair shorter, so I will not have to find the ways to comb my hair in one specific way all the time and maybe won't give that much of emotion to it.

As someone mentioned in this thread. At least needling makes me feel like i'm doing something. It makes me feel like i'm attacking the problem at the root, not just taking things to maintain my hair. Have to see whether it will be consistent long term.

As for shedding. I think alot of people like me have intermediate hairs that provide coverage. Yes they are technically "hair". But they are still thinner than regular thick hairs. We still want those to shed and grow back thicker. Thus they shed and hopefully grow back thicker. Could be whats happening in some cases.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

BUT!

I think the best way to go is to shave your head. It might bring a lot of benefits if you have a well shaped skull.
1) you will not have to worry to hide your hair loss
2) the progress of needling (and any other regimen) will be better assessed in a mostly shaved hair

Also, you are still very early into the treatment. Do it for a year at least. We have some anecdotal accounts that suggest it is possible to get regrowth late. Sadly, the studies have set the time marks very early, and that's why a lot of people here are getting disappointed. But again, we have some reasons to believe it's possible for regrowth to take a lot longer than the studies suggest.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, what is the time period between needling..the guys that respond poorly I mean. Perhaps one can identify a pattern?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW, the easiest approach would be to enter frequency and perhaps depth into 'My Regimen'. Its then relatively easy for the serious people on here to set up a spreadsheet. Much better than posting the info, as it can easily be overlooked.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone rinse their scalp with apple cider vinegar rinse on a daily/alternate day? It helps a lot with reducing scalp calcification. Magnesium oil (somewhere else on body not scalp) should also help to some extent

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The studies were all done by the same skilled needler/s i imagine keeping a variable stable . we are a very cosmopolitan group so that could be a factor in results aswell.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The studies were all done by the same skilled needler/s i imagine keeping a variable stable . we are a very cosmopolitan group so that could be a factor in results aswell.

The other thing to consider is that "improvement" in the study is fairly subjective. They used two measures, 1) mean hair count and 2) patient satisfaction.

Technically speaking, we could be close to 100% in terms of improvement because everyone has more or less said they have noticed new vellus hairs. Additionally, regarding patient satisfaction, we really dont know what the survey asked or how that was measured

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello everybody,
Since we are talking to the non responders, i might ask a question to those who seem to don't respond at all.
What do your body hairs look like ? Above average, average, less than average men ? Do you have a beard ? Complete ?
I mean, since hairs on top of your scalp only are hairs, and if you're already struggling to grow body hair/beard, why would the top of your head massively grow hair in just a few months ? I mean, if you look at the women who microneedle on their face skin, they don't suddenly grow a massive beard in few sessions !
Also, i'm wondering if those who got nice and quick results are more hairy than average. @layabout ?

Microneedling is all about angiogenesis and building extra skin/dermis to help with the stretching of your scalp, probabably caused by your occipitalis/auricularis muscles and maybe also your bones growing.
Give it time, there's no reason that with time you won't grow back your hair !

Have you notice if your scalp has become more loose ? Is it still rock solid or can you finally pinch on various places, with no effort ? ? If the latter, you're on the right way I guess.

(sorry for the english)

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there are alot of variables. For example the one guy recently posted he's been seeing better results at 2.0 than 1.5. What works for one doesn't necessarily maybe work for the other in terms of speed of results.

One other note - I know its frowned upon, and i'm not encouraging people to go to that extent. But maybe it isn't bad to throw in a "heavier" type session once in a while. I know i do. Instead of going over the same area a couple times, i generally do it twice as much. Usually till i get some redness and blood spots. In 2young case he wounded pretty hard.

I'm not saying we have to wound that hard all the time or even for maitnance. I don't believe that is the case. However we are trying to wake up follicles and cause neogenisis.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there are alot of variables. For example the one guy recently posted he's been seeing better results at 2.0 than 1.5. What works for one doesn't necessarily maybe work for the other in terms of speed of results.

One other note - I know its frowned upon, and i'm not encouraging people to go to that extent. But maybe it isn't bad to throw in a "heavier" type session once in a while. I know i do. Instead of going over the same area a couple times, i generally do it twice as much. Usually till i get some redness and blood spots. In 2young case he wounded pretty hard.

I'm not saying we have to wound that hard all the time or even for maitnance. I don't believe that is the case. However we are trying to wake up follicles and cause neogenisis.

I tend to pass the same area around 7 or 8 times at 2.5mm fastest speed setting, i think that gives me sufficient wounding tbh. I could do more but i don't think it's necessary.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello everybody,
Since we are talking to the non responders, i might ask a question to those who seem to don't respond at all.
What do your body hairs look like ? Above average, average, less than average men ? Do you have a beard ? Complete ?
I mean, since hairs on top of your scalp only are hairs, and if you're already struggling to grow body hair/beard, why would the top of your head massively grow hair in just a few months ? I mean, if you look at the women who microneedle on their face skin, they don't suddenly grow a massive beard in few sessions !
Also, i'm wondering if those who got nice and quick results are more hairy than average. @layabout ?

Microneedling is all about angiogenesis and building extra skin/dermis to help with the stretching of your scalp, probabably caused by your occipitalis/auricularis muscles and maybe also your bones growing.
Give it time, there's no reason that with time you won't grow back your hair !

Have you notice if your scalp has become more loose ? Is it still rock solid or can you finally pinch on various places, with no effort ? ? If the latter, you're on the right way I guess.

(sorry for the english)
I’m not a non responder, but my results aren’t great for 4 months. Basically zero results on the crown and slight hairline regrowth, not fully terminal hairs though. I have above average body hair, the whole chest / legs / arms are pretty covered. I also have a full beard. I do notice my scalp becoming looser though. I don’t really think there’s a correlation to body hair and microneedling results though.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tend to pass the same area around 7 or 8 times at 2.5mm fastest speed setting, i think that gives me sufficient wounding tbh. I could do more but i don't think it's necessary.
I Did a 2.5 session while it felt the same as 2.0 at the time but the after effects were on a par with having been beaten up for a good few hours i was tender 0.5 difference lol

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not a non responder, but my results aren’t great for 4 months. Basically zero results on the crown and slight hairline regrowth, not fully terminal hairs though. I have above average body hair, the whole chest / legs / arms are pretty covered. I also have a full beard. I do notice my scalp becoming looser though. I don’t really think there’s a correlation to body hair and microneedling results though.
lol i think i brought my incomplete beard up a level with just one mess around session it seems. im going to start doing whole my face when i get time i been hesitant as i don't want to spread my healing resources if that's possible on frivolous tweaks to my appearance

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you ?
I mean if you're above 40 your less likely to grow new hair I guess, the one you have are from the end of your puberty, to your early 30, they're just terminal and don't need multiplicate anymore ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol i think i brought my incomplete beard up a level with just one mess around session it seems. im going to start doing whole my face when i get time i been hesitant as i don't want to spread my healing resources if that's possible on frivolous tweaks to my appearance

Im currently needling just under my eyes for fine lines that have appeared there(dunno if it's oral minoxidil related or not) i had good results needling forehead lines a few years back so im hoping for similar good results. The redness takes longer to go away than with a manual stamp, electric device definitely wounds more effectively.