Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just figured I'd stop in to give an update - nothing much has changed since my last one. Still needling at 1.5 every week with a dr. pen. Right temple continues to improve slowly, no results on my crown where i need it most. Really quite disappointing. The only reason I can think of as to why my temples are responding and my crown isnt, is that I can actually see my temple areas and tend to needle more precisely / harder there. I draw some blood on my temples every time where I'm not certain it is the same for my crown. Maybe 2young was onto something with his intensity.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Get your hormones checked.
Specifically testoterone/estrogen, and the tsh. thyroid panel.

I've only had beard hairloss from too low estrogen

Had these checked and my hormones are within normal range but my thyroxine level is on the lower range of normal and my CRP level is high indicating increased inflammation.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just figured I'd stop in to give an update - nothing much has changed since my last one. Still needling at 1.5 every week with a dr. pen. Right temple continues to improve slowly, no results on my crown where i need it most. Really quite disappointing. The only reason I can think of as to why my temples are responding and my crown isnt, is that I can actually see my temple areas and tend to needle more precisely / harder there. I draw some blood on my temples every time where I'm not certain it is the same for my crown. Maybe 2young was onto something with his intensity.

This is exactly my case. Some mild results in temoles/hairline, but practically nothing in my crown. I also draw blood in my hairline/temples, but apparently I am not bleeding in my crown, despide the fact that I go VERY hard there. Apparently, a stone has more blood than my f*****g crown, no wonder why the follicles are dead there.
I will give you guys a detailed update in 3 days when February start, with pics and all.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly my case. Some mild results in temoles/hairline, but practically nothing in my crown. I also draw blood in my hairline/temples, but apparently I am not bleeding in my crown, despide the fact that I go VERY hard there. Apparently, a stone has more blood than my f*****g crown, no wonder why the follicles are dead there.
I will give you guys a detailed update in 3 days when February start, with pics and all.
I think you and I are in the exact same situation - I read your survey entry and it seems like we have the exact same type of hairloss. Except im 24 so I think mine is a bit more aggressive. Looking forward to updates, good luck man.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

Had these checked and my hormones are within normal range but my thyroxine level is on the lower range of normal and my CRP level is high indicating increased inflammation.

I had mentioned earlier in the thread about Intermittent fasting and how it lowers CRP. I don't think it ever helped with regrowth in the past, but maybe it helps create a better scalp environment overall for other treatments.

Def funny cause the one side of my hairline thats worse. Its def harder to draw blood. Literally have to pass over it like 7-8 times to do so. I do think it may be good to throw a heavier type session in there occasionally. Like maybe once a month or so. I did 7 sessions now and for 2 of them i went a bit heavier.

Regrowth def happening in reverse. Not sure what the mechanisms of this are..... but apparently it happens with alot of people. The fact your both getting temple regrowth i still see as a good sign.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had mentioned earlier in the thread about Intermittent fasting and how it lowers CRP. I don't think it ever helped with regrowth in the past, but maybe it helps create a better scalp environment overall for other treatments.

I might give this a try and test again in a few months.

Last edited:

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead
@ToLGuy

nightly massages might help the more advanced fibrosis on the crown, and one day your crown might have more circulation and it will bleed on your needling sessions,

im assuming the scalp of the crown is thinniner than it used to be, but follicles arent dead, they are most likely ''sleeping'' ....remember that people are getting gains on slick bald areas

slowly adding massages cant hurt, start slowly so your skin can handle/get used to the damage, and you will see small improvements in scalp elasticity.

scalp health/circulation = nw0, theres no way dht eats follicles,..its the fibrosis,...

The real question is : can you reverse fibrosis and then maintain your scalp health with your current regimen

answer : with the right regimen yes, but its a marathon

Last edited:

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead
@ToLGuy

nightly massages might help the more advanced fibrosis on the crown, and one day your crown might have more circulation and it will bleed on your needling sessions,

im assuming the scalp of the crown is thinniner than it used to be, but follicles arent dead, they are most likely ''sleeping'' ....remember that people are getting gains on slick bald areas

slowly adding massages cant hurt, start slowly so your skin can handle/get used to the damage, and you will see small improvements in scalp elasticity.

scalp health/circulation = nw0, theres no way dht eats follicles,..its the fibrosis,...

The real question is : can you reverse fibrosis and then maintain your scalp health with your current regimen

Massages reversing fibrosis. Nice idea. I heard raising your eyebrows is the real cause of baldness.

http://buism.com/hairloss.htm

I'm not denying massages are helpful just not in the way you're describing. There is enough blood flow from microneedling.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZenHead
@ToLGuy

I agree massages are beneficial, I’ve been doing scalp massages for about 10 minutes a day. Can’t hurt, but doesn’t seem to be doing much at the moment. I’ll continue regardless

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

What's the numbers? Do you mind posting?
Somtimes the test ranges are really bad, like estrogen should be 18-30 but my doctor's lab's had an acceptable range of 10-154

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Massages reversing fibrosis. Nice idea. I heard raising your eyebrows is the real cause of baldness.

http://buism.com/hairloss.htm

I'm not denying massages are helpful just not in the way you're describing. There is enough blood flow from microneedling.
Massages break up fibrosis all over the body, like when peope foam roll their muscles that's part of what they are doing.
You're talking a serious massage/pressure to break up collagen bundles, not moving your eyebrows.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if doing an Apple Cider Vinegar soak for 5 minutes (and rinsing it off) would help soften the scalp and make the needles do a better job.
Like for your vertex @ZenHead

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My lymph nodes are swollen as f***. It's like two golf balls at the back of my neck. I must have went really hard the last session.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My lymph nodes are swollen as f***. It's like two golf balls at the back of my neck. I must have went really hard the last session.
You have an infection. See a doctor and get antibiotics

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone get that terrible feeling you're not wounding as much as you should be? I'm using the fast setting at 2.0mm on the Derminator. No blood whatsoever on the crown, a few tiny specs in the temples where I suspect I've pressed a little harder.

Baltimore1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I m 2.5 months into needling. So far no results. I m needling once a week, no minoxidil. or anything else. It doesn't work on my scalp (so far), but it definitely works on my beard. Velus hairs on beard are turning black and overall more velus hairs. I m needling my beard after scalp needling, not even pressing hard, so the results after just 2.5 months quite impress me.
Question is. Why. Why does it work on my beard, even without minoxidil. and not on my scalp ? I know that 2.5 months is not a much for a scalp, but I think that I should see at least some new velus hairs. Any ideas ?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am one of those repetitive guys suggesting again and again that we should needle at least for a year or a bit more. However, I don't think your claim regarding "Many people have seen significant results begin after a full year of needling" is true. There are certainly not MANY people needling for over a year, and the few of them who have, got results way earlier. The only one who matches that description is PrettyFly, who didn't gain anything before a year. The other needlers who didn't get results in 3-6 months back then simply stopped. So, all our hopes are really based upon a single case, but it is enough for me to keep on needling at least until reaching PrettyFly's time mark. We still don't know what happens to early non-responders if we keep needling. We must find it out. If PrettyFly did it, I think some of us can do it too. As you all can see, a lot of the people who reached the 3 month mark here ARE NOT getting results (which honestly is what I was expecting, but sadly most members were comparing themselves to the remarkable regrowth of numberman for results) .
At this point we are exactly at the same situation of the older microneedling thread: a lot of non responders who then started to quit. This is the moment in which we make the story different. We stick to it for a year and assess if we can replicate PrettyFly.
Me Vs Diffuse Thinning also recently reported regrowth in his desired area after his 8 month. We need more, guys. Man up and needle more. Do not stop and do not make history repeats itself.
I should have worded that differently, "many see results 'late' even up to a year (such as with prettyfly)"