Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's only speculation and could be a lot of things, but we have a reason to think deeper might be better after seeing Follica's new device going at 5 mm.
The night time and morning min application stung with 2.5 unlike with 2.0 only the immediate application stung also getting ghost stings at random may skip next weeks 2.0 if i still feel tender nice to know i can do next level if its called for strangely still no blood lol wish follica would do something il still throw money at them for their sh*t even if it works just a few % better lol

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am man. It's on my profile under the info section:

Vitamin D3 5000IU, K2 (MK-7) 150mcg, & Magnesium (chloride) Oil 1x/day ~ 24th Dec 18

I did attribute the substantial decrease in hair loss to microneedling but maybe it was the supplements/other things I'm doing. If there's any real gains I haven't noticed it because my hair is longer and I don't plan on cutting it down to the length that it was before I started. I attached some pictures so you can see. It does look like it got better but they aren't good for comparing at all. I just think the hair is longer so it hides it really well. The hair is all the same length so it can't possibly be new hair. I'm at least maintaining I reckon.

Temple comparisons don't really show too much I don't think... Just longer hair again. Wet hair pictures maybe show something but I'm too lazy right now to look through, crop and post them. I'll do a proper post at maybe 6 months if there's anything I can show properly.

Thought about maybe upping to 10000IU and 250mcg and seeing if I notice anything (good or bad) but I'm not too sure if it's necessary for now. No problems with the magnesium oil either. Honestly I haven't really noticed any effect my body, but I don't plan on stopping. Mainly because the combo is thought to help other areas of the body. Just happy I haven't somehow had side effects from taking them like I have everything else.

Also I ordered an electric scalp massager off amazon yesterday because I seen someone using it on YouTube and it really moves the scalp around. I don't feel like I was doing a very good job with my fingers any more so I'm gonna try that. :D

Btw I like your posts. They actually provoke thought and you usually post studies/information. Don't care if it's "broscience", because imo DHT is not the main culprit. Also what amount of D3, K2 and Magnesium did you use when you did it originally?

I def see something. At least looks like thickening. However as you said impossible to tell 100% without comparison short hair pics. Still looks good.

Update on my left temple. First pic is from June 2018, second pic is from today (23/01/2019), so it's taken about 7 months.

Thoughts? I think I've got a lot of regrowth. I've tried to take the pics from the same angle and lighting is good in both.

View attachment 110258 View attachment 110259

Amazing and there is clearly regrowth in the temples. Youll have completely full temples soon. Your a perfect example of not only why people should start doing this, but why they should stick with it. Obviously your one of the reasons alot of us started.

This would also explain people like ZenHead or ToLGuy then, who're seeing fast recovery on their hairlines but very slow progress on the crown. Also the first to go for them.
Even in cases of extraordinary regrowth such as yours this appears to be the case. Following the pattern in reverse.

Happening with me as well. In reverse order. Temples were first to go. mid scalp in recent years. Diffiuse thinner. Both are thickening up nicely, but mid at a faster pace.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to tell because I wasn't paying too much attention. First pic here is from September 2018, second and third pics are from today.

View attachment 110260 View attachment 110261 View attachment 110262
I miss using pomade so much! Happy for ya, man. Plenty of new vellus it seems. Looking like they might end up recovering.
Happening with me as well. In reverse order. Temples were first to go. mid scalp in recent years. Diffiuse thinner. Both are thickening up nicely, but mid at a faster pace.
So it's pretty clear then. It also makes sense that it took long for PrettyFly to start seeing results. He was a NW5+.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to start using my derma pen today. Going to try 1.5mm once a week. Are there any topicals that you SHOULDNT put on after microneedling?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples were the first to go to too. I remember I was like a nw1 when I was 15, but then at 17 I was pretty much somewhere between a nw2 and nw3, but with super thick hair. Just been thinning on top ever since. Probably gonna take a long *** time to recover those, if ever. Either way I'm not worried, that can be fixed with a good transplant. So if I get my density back elsewhere, I'll do that.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
my Derminator v1 9-pin cartridges came through! they aren't too expensive so will be using a fresh one weekly.

I can scarcely believe how much less painful the Derminator is versus Dr.Pen. I almost don't trust it's really penetrating 2mm. how can you tell? to the naked eye I can barely see the needles projecting beyond the plastic holder when the machine is on.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like @74775446 is the perfect example of long term effect of micro needling. The more you needle, the more regrowth you get. I say this because his worst and oldest hit area is starting to recover slowly but surely.

We need more examples of long term efficacy here.

The only group I'm worried about is the one who get the worst response. All three main needling studies showed not even a single soul who just maintained compared to conventional therapies where patients even reported negative results i.e. they lost ground. The people here not getting results early are the main concern. I hope they keep going for a long period to see if eventually it starts to work because that would be f*****g awesome. Already in all there studies you have 3+ and 2+ response which corresponds to 75% improvement and 50% improvemenin most of the patients. I would like to see those fall into the 1+/mild improvment category try this for atleast a year or maybe even 18 years to see if they can trigger something. It would be f*****g awesome if this worked on those folks. We only have one example of the guy in the old threads who tried this for many many months without seeing any results and then started seeing great results all over.

As I've said multiple times, because it's impossible for us to run out of growth factors and vascularization, I personally believe that needling should be a permanent part of the regiment along with the conventional therapies even if it's just once per month. Being able to create brand new follicles(neogenesis) is obviously the holy grail. Regenerative medicine will literally be the the most important medical achievement of mankind.

I think they will, the people that haven't responded as quickly. As i mentioned in a previous post, maybe its possible it will take their stem cells/wnt proteins more time to "turn on", but once they do they'll get rapid regrowth, who knows. As previously pointed out though some long term needlers took a bit to see results. There are so many good things happening, but again alot we still don't know.

As for wnt proteins/stem cells. I've read that the wnt protein also fixes grey hair. So shouldn't this theoretically help with grey. I'm not worried about it yet, although in my late 30's i'm starting to get some stragglers on the sides. I keep my sides short, but I wouldn't mind needling the sides once a month if i had to for grey maintenance.

For beard as well if it worked (obviously wouldn't be going as deep).

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think they will, the people that haven't responded as quickly. As i mentioned in a previous post, maybe its possible it will take their stem cells/wnt proteins more time to "turn on", but once they do they'll get rapid regrowth, who knows. As previously pointed out though some long term needlers took a bit to see results. There are so many good things happening, but again alot we still don't know.

As for wnt proteins/stem cells. I've read that the wnt protein also fixes grey hair. So shouldn't this theoretically help with grey. I'm not worried about it yet, although in my late 30's i'm starting to get some stragglers on the sides. I keep my sides short, but I wouldn't mind needling the sides once a month if i had to for grey maintenance.

I would argue that it's not that stem cells/wnt protein need more time to turn on for "late" responders. What I believe is that in long-gone areas, even if stem cells are activated or if the wnt genes are expressed due to wounding, they won't do much if the surrounding tissue is not vascularized enough. Without vascularization, those newborn follicles won't get enough oxygen and nutrients to achieve full development and of course, to produce a new hair filament. I assume that long gone areas require a lot of time (many needling sessions) to re-vascularize all the fibrotic and calcified tissue (practically a collagen and calcium desert), so the newly generated follicles can grow, as well as the old miniaturized follicles can be revived.
This is just my speculation on why I think why some zones take so long to recover.

Still, we should consider the possibility that some people simply don't respond at all. But to believe it, I need to see someone sticking to this for more than a year with Zero results.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw my crown go first and it's acting like a f*****g rebel now - refusing to budge in. f*****g prick.
It's gonna take longer, but 7 and other long timers such as Kagaho or brohawk are still seeing progress after +8 months and even years. Proof that a recovery in long gone areas, although slow as shitfuck, might be possible.
Gotta needle that stubborn son of a ballsack till it gives in!

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've seen keto diet in a long term helps with grey hair, but for someone who's never been in consistent ketosis state and is already losing hair it will likely cause Telogen effluvium.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using a $10 1.5mm derma stamp from eBay every Monday instead of putting on minoxidil. I use it on the crown and hairline only cause it hurts like a b**ch. Only been a month but I have no results to report

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a look a my "cocktail". Probably should've taken the pic with all of this sitting in the kitchen sink haha.

Any thoughts?

(**Not pictured: Kirkland 5% Minoxidil Foam**)

Attachments

• IMG_6775.JPG
    IMG_6775.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 556

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a look a my "cocktail". Probably should've taken the pic with all of this sitting in the kitchen sink haha.

Any thoughts?

(**Not pictured: Kirkland 5% Minoxidil Foam**)

Impressive!

I’m just waiting for someone to walk in my room when I’m using the Derminator on my head and be like “ what the f*** are you doing? ”

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This definitely works in reverse to how you lost your hair.....my crown went first and then spread forward, affecting the left side of my scalp more quickly than the right......the right is recovering well and slowly spreading to the left hand side now (so in reverse)....crown still hasn't changed much, bar some small vellus hairs.….and I've been doing this religiously weekly, with minoxidil twice a day everyday and nizoral 3 times a week.

Still no shedding of any kind for 3 months.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This definitely works in reverse to how you lost your hair.....my crown went first and then spread forward, affecting the left side of my scalp more quickly than the right......the right is recovering well and slowly spreading to the left hand side now (so in reverse)....crown still hasn't changed much, bar some small vellus hairs.….and I've been doing this religiously weekly, with minoxidil twice a day everyday and nizoral 3 times a week.

Still no shedding of any kind for 3 months.
I have an almost identical hairloss pattern. Started at the crown and slowly crept forward. Strangely enough, my temples haven’t receded all that much. I’d say my entire hairline as a whole has just receded about a centimeter or so. I’m going to keep an eye on my regrowth/maintenance pattern to see if I’m following a similar trend.

Scootz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve only done three weekly microneedling sessions at 1.5mm (per OP video protocol), but my shedding has increased like none other. This may very well be due to the fact I just started back up on Finasteride around a month and a half ago, or because I started daily minoxidil applications at the same time I started microneedling. Hoping that the shedding slows down in the next month or so.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of dermarolling 1.5mm 2x a week instead of once per week.
is this safe to do?
Will this provide faster results?

I'm sure i read a post on this thread from someone who had great results by doing 2 sessions per week.
Then again i don't want it to impair my results if rolling too much has a negative efffect?