Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna do them too. I have nose pores myself, but I didn't really notice 'em up until now. I wish they were the only thing I had to needle.
my cheek bones pissed blood lol i made the mistake of doing it before i went down the pub i became acutely aware of how much people spit when they talk

anders

Reaction score
Pretty much maintenance, I think, but I keep falling into bad habits and forgetting to use the dermapen, or I get too tired to apply minoxidil before I go to bed.

I understand, thanks for the reply! I mean, your results are amazing, but do you think that they potentially could have been even better?

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it make sense to use Betadine even right after microneedling?

In theory it should be used on wounds, so it would make more sense to use it after than before (even if in the study they used it before)..

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to do my third session, I ordered 36 pin cartidges as replacements because I figured why not? I'm maybe about to understand why not... If the pain isn't too bad then keep an eye on my updates, as far as I know I'm the only person to both use 36 pin cartidges and add microneedling while already on my minoxidil for an extended period.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The last pages of this thread were pretty hilarious, thank you very much guys. :)

Anyways, we often call this the biggest Community trial for Microneedling against hairloss but we already completely lost track who or how many people are doing this, how they are doing this, for how long they are doing this, which things they are using besides and so on. It's a complete mess and we will never have good data. Wouldn't it be a good idea, that we have a forum or something, where everybody starts his own story? So it would be very easy to track how many people get results, how fast they do it and how they are doing it. In this thread everything posted is lost after two days because of these many unnecessary posts in this thread.

Last edited:

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The last pages of this thread were pretty hilarious, thank you very much guys. :)

Anyways, we often call this the biggest Community trial for Microneedling against hairloss but we already completely lost track who or how many people are doing this, how they are doing this, for how long they are doing this, which things they are using besides and so on. It's a complete mess and we will never have good data. Wouldn't it be a good idea, that we have a forum or something, where everybody starts his own story? So it would be very easy to track how many people get results, how fast they do it and how they are doing it. In this thread everything posted is lost after two days because of these many unnecessary posts in this thread.

I agree we should create a new thread where people just post their regimen and no additional discussion, everyone who needles in some form just drop a post and then someone can compile it.
Something like this

My regimen
Minoxidil twice a day.
Microneedling 1.5-2.0mm once a week.
Biotin 5000mcg a day.

Start
(picture of baseline)

December 1, 2018.

Progress so far
( pictures of progress)

I´m just five sessions in so not much yet, took a month for the initial minoxidil shed to stop. The scalp itch from balding vanishes for about five days after needling.

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree we should create a new thread where people just post their regimen and no additional discussion, everyone who needles in some form just drop a post and then someone can compile it
I think this wouldn't be enough because if 100 people give monthly updates and you want to discuss these, you will lose track again. What we need is a thread or something for everyone. Would be nice, if a mod could open a new section for this.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess. I used pretty much the basics but there are other supplements with positive studies regarding hair growth, so someone who uses them might see better results.

There's a user on here called Somebody who had amazing results from microneedling, but he used far more other supplements than I do.

Are you still only using 1 ml of minoxidil per application, or do you need to use more now because you have more hair? Also, are you using 2% Nizoral or 1%?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this wouldn't be enough because if 100 people give monthly updates and you want to discuss these, you will lose track again. What we need is a thread or something for everyone. Would be nice, if a mod could open a new section for this.
Yeah that would be optimal, my approach is mainly so we can get a grasp on how many are actually doing this and what there experience is like. Perhaps then we could eventually draw some conclusions on how common it is for people to respond at all and how many of the responders have great results etc

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Two months in and, sadly, nothing to report. Derminator 2 on 1.5, once a week. I will keep at it, but it’s apparent some respond quickly and others don’t. Perhaps not at all. Time will tell. Oh yeah, and minoxidil 2 times a day.

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Checking in here:

diffuse balding:
Current regimen:
.25 mg Finasteride daily (5+ years)
2x Minoxidil daily (5+ years)
2x Nizarol Weekly (5+ years)
1x Derminator Weekly (1.5 mm) (3 months)

Before derma I have been slowly losing ground on big 3 but nothing darastic.
On derma: Nothing to report for first two months but starting 3rd month I am have massive shedding(3 weeks into it). I never had such shedding even with finasteride + min in 8 years. I have definitely lost major ground in past month alone. My cheap usb microscope from amazon shows no new vellus hair popping out unlike others here claimed at early stages. Either I am going to have some major growth or I just f***** my maintenance with dermarolling. Only time will tell as I am sticking to this regimen.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys its important that wether you see any improvement or not. Just keep rolling once a week or twice a Month. Keep going. Have patience. Im going to try a bit harder next time. I get bloodspots but my scalp looks fully recovered after like 3 days.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple of questions:

1.Thinking about doing an experiment of applying min to one temple. Never used before and wondered if it would affect other parts of scalp(don't want that)

2.Trying that zix stuff people mention(it seems to greatly reduce the itching), and want to know how long to wait to apply zix after min because of the zinc interaction. Or should one be applied before the other