Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

slerpen

Reaction score
Been a member here for years, but not sure I ever posted. I'm 2 months in, following Indian study protocol with Derminator (1.5mm, weekly, minoxidil 24 hours later). I've also been on Dutasteride for 3 years.

Unfortunately I dont have before pics, but my crown has been slick bald for years, and starting to see some dark hairs coming back and filling in. They are still miniaturized, and I more or less still look bald, but hopefully this will continue. Also seeing some hairs filling in on the temple area too, but not as much progress as the crown so far. I know some will complain about no before pics, and how this doesn't really "mean" anything, which is fair. I'm doing this for myself, and figured I'd give it 6 months, and if I didn't see cosmetically significant improvement I would give up. Honestly didn't expect much, given my success, or lack thereof, with previous treatments. Will try to document better moving forward.

I bleed a lot from needling. Pain wise I've kinda had the opposite effect that others have had. It was unbearable at first (this coming from someone who's entire body from collarbone to toes is covered in tattoos) and now is getting easier/less painful each session. Flaking is annoying, but I just slap some lotion on it, and that is usually fine. The "benefit" of being bald I guess. Obviously less feasible for those with actual hair.

Attachments

• IMG_20190101_140221.jpg
    IMG_20190101_140221.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but I don't get why people seem to be repeating the "all natural" thing again and again (in this case, the oils and stuff). People, let me remind you something: The fact that something is "natural" doesn't mean anything. Do not assume that natural is equal to good, healthy, safe or side's-free, that's pseudo-scientific babble. You can find synthetic things that are both healthy and unhealthy, and the same thing can be said about "natural" stuff. Sorry to tell you that, guys, but we must leave that appeal-to-nature fallacy behind and start thinking as grown ups. Take that into account when selecting those weird oils you are applying to the scalp. Use evidence-based approaches when selecting the products for your hair, instead of the false and non-existant natural/non-natural dichotomy.

To be honest I have never encountered such an approach on this forum*, where scientific literacy is way above the general population.

I would add that your argument can be uses reversely as well - "natural" doesn't necesaarily mean ineffective.

In fact, natural only means coming from nature, but everything ultimately comes from nature, with varying degrees of manipulation - and even essential oils are manipulated therefore not fully natural.

*My experience of this forum is limited to mostly this thread for meaningful talk, and occasional excursions to the Brotzu thread for comedy.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I plan on starting to microneedle with minoxidil. I also want to try sandalore.
Do you guys think I should start microneedling and sandalore at the same time or that I should maybe microneedle for 1 or 2 months then adding sandalore?
Anyone doing both?

Thank you!

Adam12a

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have removed a lot of the rubbish photos and added a bit of text to my photo album, so that people can see that I thinned in the first month:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2mo34J5xwDdq7JPm7

Thank you for the photos, this is reassuring. I'm just over my first month and i've been shedding insane amounts of hair up until a week ago. Mind you im not using minoxidil so it's definately the dermapen causing the shedding...this is most interesting to say the least.

Stereo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have removed a lot of the rubbish photos and added a bit of text to my photo album, so that people can see that I thinned in the first month:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2mo34J5xwDdq7JPm7
Good lord these results are unbelievable, congratulations man.
Are you on minoxidil aswell? if so how long have you been on it?
Just wondering how much of this is minoxidil and how much of it is wounding on its own.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the photos, this is reassuring. I'm just over my first month and i've been shedding insane amounts of hair up until a week ago. Mind you im not using minoxidil so it's definately the dermapen causing the shedding...this is most interesting to say the least.
Did the shedding stop?

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering how much of this is minoxidil and how much of it is wounding on its own.
I'm seeing improvements with needling alone but I won't discourage anyone from using minoxidil..

Temporaryaccount

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't want to be that sort of guy but it's been said in the first page. He has been on min for sometime before micro needle, however it didn't sort out any effect. He stopped and later he started combining micro needling with min, so he has been on min for the entire period you see in the photos

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest I have never encountered such an approach on this forum*, where scientific literacy is way above the general population.

I would add that your argument can be uses reversely as well - "natural" doesn't necesaarily mean ineffective.

In fact, natural only means coming from nature, but everything ultimately comes from nature, with varying degrees of manipulation - and even essential oils are manipulated therefore not fully natural.

*My experience of this forum is limited to mostly this thread for meaningful talk, and occasional excursions to the Brotzu thread for comedy.

Yes, my argument also implies that natural doesn't mean ineffective as well. The whole problem is that there is no practical difference between natural and unnatural. Not only because everything ultimately comes from nature as you just said, but because the inability to objectively define nature and differentiate it from a largely non existant "non-nature".
You are right, that approach is not common in this thread, but it is common in other threads forums. Even in this thread, there has been some posts of guys mentioning how they are using the oils over minoxidil coz "I'm going all natural". There was a recent one that motivated me to post that critique.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo there is a difference between the two ,unnatural has been interfered with by man

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously every person is different and we've seen some amazing things so far........however just from a physiological standpoint i'm wondering why its going to take longer for certain areas to recover? Things i've read in this thread so far.....

- These areas have more fibrosis and its going to take longer to break this up and increase blood flow (which is why it may be important to bleed).

- Migration of nearby hair cells, which could explain why some people are regrowing in the exact opposite direction they lost.

Or could it be a combination of everything?

And i'm getting good results so far one month in. Diffuse is thickening. Temples are showing good progress, although albeit a bit slower. But these were the first areas i lost in my early 20's.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you needling full scalp or temples only?

How does it make you feel in terms of inflammation, itch, etc. ?

I needle the entire top of the scalp (1.5mm) and my face/neck (.5-.75)

No inflammation or itching. My scalp doesn’t really bleed either. Hairline & face hurt like a mother. Crown & mid-vertex not so bad.

Reactions: WMQ

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obviously every person is different and we've seen some amazing things so far........however just from a physiological standpoint i'm wondering why its going to take longer for certain areas to recover? Things i've read in this thread so far.....

- These areas have more fibrosis and its going to take longer to break this up and increase blood flow (which is why it may be important to bleed).

- Migration of nearby hair cells, which could explain why some people are regrowing in the exact opposite direction they lost.

Or could it be a combination of everything?

Wow, sounds amazing, good luck. What is your routine?

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, sounds amazing, good luck. What is your routine?

Sorry btw i had edited my original post, messed something up lol. Edited again.

Just doing the Derm (moved up to 1.75 last time). Been on minoxidil for 6 years prior and kind of maintained. Also once a week nizoral. Started with scalp massage as well. Also as previously mentioned i do follow an Intermittent fasting diet to help with overall inflammation. Although i'm not sure if that helps with hair. Still if its powerful enough to help with acne and arthritis i always think it could help the scalp environment for other treatments.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I needle the entire top of the scalp (1.5mm) and my face/neck (.5-.75)

No inflammation or itching. My scalp doesn’t really bleed either. Hairline & face hurt like a mother. Crown & mid-vertex not so bad.
Sounds like we are experiencing something similar. I too feel totally ok on the crown and midscalp with 1.5mm needling but hairline and temple where my hairloss is the worst hurt like hell. I'm also shedding a lot, especially on my right temple. It's getting worse than I could ever imagine tbh but I'm hesitant to blame it on needling since it has been shedding and receding all the time even before I started needling.

You seem to be optimistic. Keep us updated!

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like we are experiencing something similar. I too feel totally ok on the crown and midscalp with 1.5mm needling but hairline and temple where my hairloss is the worst hurt like hell. I'm also shedding a lot, especially on my right temple. It's getting worse than I could ever imagine tbh but I'm hesitant to blame it on needling since it has been shedding and receding all the time even before I started needling.

You seem to be optimistic. Keep us updated!
Strangely, I've experienced the exact inverse. The areas where I've had the most hair loss in I feel no pain even with 1.75 whereas where my hair is thick it hurts the most lol

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much time should i leave Betadin on my scalp before dermarolling?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Strangely, I've experienced the exact inverse. The areas where I've had the most hair loss in I feel no pain even with 1.75 whereas where my hair is thick it hurts the most lol

Unfortunately I feel a lot of pain. I'm a diffuse thinner so there are no parts with no hair on my scalp. :/

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
does it stop shedding or provide regrowth ?
for me yes it does provide great results, im nw1 diffuse thinning. I will update with pictures on this thread in 3,6,12 months

my regimen :

1- dermaroller 1.5mm rolling every 10-14 days

2- topical quick massage application every 24-48hrs : (pumpkin seed oil as carrier oil + couple drops of peppermint essential oil + couple drops of rosemary oil. leave it overnight with a durag on your head to protect pillow. Rinse or wash with warm water in the morning to wake up/clean your oily scalp.

(warning, this adectoal evidence so do your own research)
pumpkin seeds blocks dht, peppermint essential oil stimulates blood circulation, and rosemary essential oil blocks dht + improves blood circulation..

1.5mm needles/1.5mm dermaroller reverses fibrosis + stimulates stemcells

Last edited: