Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Sandalore?

There are some interesting pictures on that thread?

Hairghast

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm silently reading through the hairlosstalk forum for a while now. I just wanted thank you guys especially 74775446, SomebodyAlex and MyThinningConfidence their success stories inspired me to also start microneedling.

I'm almost 2 months in of dermarolling every other day with a 1.5mm dermaroller 192 needles (I'm still waiting for the pen) together with one minoxidil 5% foam application per day and I already can see some vellus hair and very small little black hairs in my temples (especially in the right one) I just wondering why they respond so well since I don't apply any minoxidil at my hairline or temples. I just hope the same happens in my vertex area since I'm a diffuse thinner and some density improvements wouldn't hurt.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm silently reading through the hairlosstalk forum for a while now. I just wanted thank you guys especially 74775446, SomebodyAlex and MyThinningConfidence their success stories inspired me to also start microneedling.

I'm almost 2 months in of dermarolling every other day with a 1.5mm dermaroller 192 needles (I'm still waiting for the pen) together with one minoxidil 5% foam application per day and I already can see some vellus hair and very small little black hairs in my temples (especially in the right one) I just wondering why they respond so well since I don't apply any minoxidil at my hairline or temples. I just hope the same happens in my vertex area since I'm a diffuse thinner and some density improvements wouldn't hurt.
Hey, man. I hope those hairs keep growing.
Keep us posted and best of luck!

Hairghast

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, thank you! I hope they continue growing currently they are only visible in certain lightning as soon as they make a small cosmeticial difference (hopefully in the next growth cycle) I might share some pics with you guys.

Last edited:

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Every other day with a 1.5mm roller?
Does your scalp get the chance to recover?

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am excited - my temples have been completely bald for at least 10 years, and I just counted - there are 11 hairs growing on my left temple and 5 or 6 on my right one. They are completely transparent and vary in length from 3 to about 8 mm. And they aren't even close to my hairline, just popping up in random spots. Something is definitely going on, and it has only been 5 weeks. Hopefully they will turn terminal and be joined by new hair overtime. I microneedle with 1.5 mm needles once a week and apply minoxidil twice a week, including the day of microneedling, 5 - 6 hours after. The rest of the days I apply a mixture of olive - rosemary - castor oil in a 5 - 1 - 1 proportion, which is probably not doing much, but I will continue anyway.

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
So many people reporting early results, it's crazy man. Hope you all take pictures of your progress

I do, but only with a flashlight, since this new hair is invisible under normal lighting conditions and if I were to take a normal picture, there would be 0 progress visible. The next set of pictures I am going to post is probably going to be no sooner than a couple of months from now, when a real progress is visible (non-vellus). If there is progress;)

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do, but only with a flashlight, since this new hair is invisible under normal lighting conditions and if I were to take a normal picture, there would be 0 progress visible. The next set of pictures I am going to post is probably going to be no sooner than a couple of months from now, when a real progress is visible (non-vellus). If there is progress;)
That's how it's done, man. With patience and keeping your feet on the ground.
I hope you have great progress.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am excited - my temples have been completely bald for at least 10 years, and I just counted - there are 11 hairs growing on my left temple and 5 or 6 on my right one. They are completely transparent and vary in length from 3 to about 8 mm. And they aren't even close to my hairline, just popping up in random spots. Something is definitely going on, and it has only been 5 weeks. Hopefully they will turn terminal and be joined by new hair overtime. I microneedle with 1.5 mm needles once a week and apply minoxidil twice a week, including the day of microneedling, 5 - 6 hours after. The rest of the days I apply a mixture of olive - rosemary - castor oil in a 5 - 1 - 1 proportion, which is probably not doing much, but I will continue anyway.
So happy for you. I can imagine how happy I would be to get new hairs in completely bald areas.
What needling device are you using?
You apply minoxidil just twice a week?
Once 5-6 hours after needling and when is the second time?
Why did you choose to apply it twice?
Thanks and I hope it keeps growing for you :)

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
So happy for you. I can imagine how happy I would be to get new hairs in completely bald areas.
What needling device are you using?
You apply minoxidil just twice a week?
Once 5-6 hours after needling and when is the second time?
Why did you choose to apply it twice?
Thanks and I hope it keeps growing for you :)

- Dr Pen Ultima A1
Minoxidil once on friday 5 - 6 hours after the needling session and once on tuesday. I picked friday for microneedling, since it is followed by weekend and I do not have to show up with a weird-looking scalp at my job. Why twice a week - minoxidil gives me horrible flaking, if I were to use it every day, I would have horrible dandruff all the time. Also my thinking is that it is particularly effective on the needling day, so maybe this should be enough.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know its probably been asked a million times but how long are the needling sessions you guys do? Like I just started to try it and my skin was red/bleeding within like two minutes

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know its probably been asked a million times but how long are the needling sessions you guys do? Like I just started to try it and my skin was red/bleeding within like two minutes

Mine takes around 10-15 minutes. I guess it depends on how much area you have to cover, so this timing might vary considerably.