Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I´m not sure I´m wounding it enough though. It hurts, but I cant see any changes to the scalp (red skin or even blood). I rolled with more effort than the first time I did it. I feel like what happens now is the less intense needling situation where it just helps with minoxidil absorbtion. But I´m not throwing minoxidil on my scalp after the rolling.

How can one tell is they have done enough, or even too much?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you wound with deep needles, it takes the body between 5-10 days to fully heal the damage you have done......that healing process is what is clearly benefiting our hair, along with minoxidil speeding the process up.

I think over doing it will just do more damage than good, less is more.
That's the procedure with a +1.5 mm needle. I think he means doing it with something like a 0.5 mm needle. I believe it has been done with results.
From what we've gathered, scalp should be red for quite some time and should feel alive and healthy after a good procedure. Generally speaking, these are the good signs.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, I´m not sure I´m wounding it enough though. It hurts, but I cant see any changes to the scalp (red skin or even blood). I rolled with more effort than the first time I did it. I feel like what happens now is the less intense needling situation where it just helps with minoxidil absorbtion. But I´m not throwing minoxidil on my scalp after the rolling.

The indian study says that needling was stopped when mild eritema was noticed

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about rolling everyday with a small needle and then put on minoxidil. Once a week role with the big needle. Is this too much? My hairline keeps itching aka receding and I wanna attack it with everything I got.
What about just following the steps that the science people came up with ;)

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The indian study says that needling was stopped when mild eritema was noticed

Indian Study - We cannot say for sure if they were putting full pressure. The study says mild erythema(redness) was the aim.

Chinese Study - They used an electrodynamic microneedle which is literally a pen. The length was 1.5 to 2.5 and they applied minoxidil right after.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL

The guy on the top is on his way to NW1 in 24 weeks.
The one below is recovering slowly but if it keeps working, he will too go to NW1.

f*** me!

pEfAmCp.png

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the most important chart of the Chinese Study for those who have a lower pain tolerance.

If you have a low pain tolerance your chances of getting moderate and obvious improvements is high.

Group 3 >>> 19 out of 20 patients had moderate to obvious improvement.

If it hurts too much then there is no need to butcher yourself every f*****g week.

JGFtNB5.png

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the most important chart of the Chinese Study for those who have a lower pain tolerance.

If you have a low pain tolerance your chances of getting moderate and obvious improvements is high.

If it hurts too much then there is no need to butcher yourself every f*****g week.

View attachment 106339

Minoxidil is key to the treatment. Sigh

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 106339
I don't get it, is there something in the Chinese study stating a correlation between pain tolerance and success rate? I don't see anything in that chart regarding pain tolerance. Perhaps I'm out of context.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you use it ?
Probably because he has suffered from sides, or is afraid of getting them.

Yep, Minoxidil is key to this treatment, it highly increases the chances of success and anyone who has not tried it should definitely use it. People on this forum are overly afraid of sides regarding every treatment there is, without considering that sides in most of them are highly infrequent. I understand those who have suffered from them (although I bet some of them are suffering from nocebo effect) , but those who haven't tried are sadly just victims of the exacerbated fear mongering of other users thriving here. Everything in life is a risk, even walking out of home. Just give min a chance, worst case scenario is you'll get sides, but it won't ever kill you. You get sides, you stop it, and sides will go away. Pretty simple.
Alopecia should be fought with every weapon we've got, once we've assessed by our own experience that they don't cause us any annoying side effect. But try them, my friends, just try them.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Indian Study - We cannot say for sure if they were putting full pressure. The study says mild erythema(redness) was the aim.

Chinese Study - They used an electrodynamic microneedle which is literally a pen. The length was 1.5 to 2.5 and they applied minoxidil right after.

Right after? And everybody on this forum keeps saying don't do it, wait 24 hours with minoxidil....I don't know what to believe anymore...is it dangerous? Or is it simply an excellent strategy?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? The study states micorneedling without minoxidil gave better results than minoxidil alone.
And one of the best results this forum's ever seen came from microneedling alone. Albeit extreme.
Furthermore, the reason this thread started is someone who didn't respond to Minoxidil until he started needling. So not responding to Minoxidil alone isn't necessarily a bad sign.

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So microneedling only works for those who respond well to minoxidil?
Waste of time
No, the chart doesn't say that. Needling works well alone, just that the improvement is WAY better if combined with minoxidil. Actually, the reddit guy who motivated the creation of this thread was a non responder to Minoxidil for years, yet he responded to needling in a very awesome and freaky way.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it, is there something in the Chinese study stating a correlation between pain tolerance and success rate? I don't see anything in that chart regarding pain tolerance. Perhaps I'm out of context.
No I meant some people who have low pain tolerance can follow the Chinese Study to make sure they don't fall off the wagon.

The chinese study did microneedling every two weeks vs the Indian study that did every week. If you hate doing it then reduce the frequency to every two weeks.

The chart shows results of the study as interpreted by trained independent dermatologist who were blind(as in not allowed insight into which patient is in which group). It shows that out of 20 patients 19 said they had moderate or better improvement.

This is only 24 weeks. Imagine doing this for a year or year and a half. There hasn't been any study on long term use of microneedling.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is key to the treatment. Sigh
You have what sides?

I had sides in the beginning so I dropped to once every two days only on worst hit areas which was like less 0.25 ml once a day and improved on that slowly. I remember that I started using it on my hairline after 1 month of using it on my crown cowlick.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right after? And everybody on this forum keeps saying don't do it, wait 24 hours with minoxidil....I don't know what to believe anymore...is it dangerous? Or is it simply an excellent strategy?

The study did it right after. I have read the entire pdf like 4 times and I am sure they did it right after microneedling and that too two times the dose.

I'm going to dermaroll my worst hit area only tonight and apply 0.5ml minoxidil right after to see what happens. I will ease into it just like I did the first time I applied minoxidil because that helped my body get use to it.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And one of the best results this forum's ever seen came from microneedling alone. Albeit extreme.
Furthermore, the reason this thread started is someone who didn't respond to Minoxidil until he started needling. So not responding to Minoxidil alone isn't necessarily a bad sign.

This is the most important point. Both the Indian study and the Chinese study had blind sorting of patients and yet patients showed the best improvement in the microneedling+minoxidil group.

Blind sorting is important because you do not want best responders ending up in the microneedling+minoxidil group. This skews the data.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably because he has suffered from sides, or is afraid of getting them.

Yep, Minoxidil is key to this treatment, it highly increases the chances of success and anyone who has not tried it should definitely use it. People on this forum are overly afraid of sides regarding every treatment there is, without considering that sides in most of them are highly infrequent. I understand those who have suffered from them (although I bet some of them are suffering from nocebo effect) , but those who haven't tried are sadly just victims of the exacerbated fear mongering of other users thriving here. Everything in life is a risk, even walking out of home. Just give min a chance, worst case scenario is you'll get sides, but it won't ever kill you. You get sides, you stop it, and sides will go away. Pretty simple.
Alopecia should be fought with every weapon we've got, once we've assessed by our own experience that they don't cause us any annoying side effect. But try them, my friends, just try them.

Yes, that's why. At first it was jyst redness in the ear, but i carried on. I got anxiety and brain fog.