Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously guys, just to be clear:
those who go 2mm should bleed quite a lot (almost like 2young2retire bloody pictures) IF you really use the full benefit of the length of the needles. If you use it only without pressing, meaning you use it "superficially", then you just go for erythema and In this case 1mm needles is the same. Most guys who claim they do 2mm don't really go 2mm deep for most.
in comparaison I do 1,5 dermastamp for a few weeks, I hear “crunching” sound and I bleed quite a lot already. I was using dermaroller for nearly 2years but I feel like dermastamp is way better(I'd call it vertical wounding)

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question for those who don't use minoxidil,
What is the essential oil mixes you use and in what ratio?
Do you apply is before and/or after needling?
Do you use this mix just when doing the treatment or every day?
Anyone just needling without even oils?

I use rosemary oil. I mix it with an aloe vera gel because that's what I happened to have at home. I apply it once before going to bed, but after wounding I skip an application.
Ratio is one squirt of aloe vera gel with five drops of rosemary oil

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
those who go 2mm should bleed quite a lot
Oh, so I should expect a lot of blood, since I'm doing 2 mm with a dermastamp. Any results so far?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, so I should expect a lo of blood, since I'm doing 2 mm with a dermastamp. Any results so far?

definitely; IF you go 2mm through the skin like I said you should have blood all over the place. unless some are more advanced norwood, full of fibrosis and calcification (I guess). But I doubt 2mm is necessary. I think 1,5 is more than enough if you go all the way through the skin. I mean at 1,5 I have some blood flowing on my forehead already. my result so far; I'm quite excited since I added dermastamp; It's like my scalp feels healthier, less thight, I feel something is going on,.. as soon as my dermastamp session is over I can't wait for the next one. but hey the only thing that matters is regrowth so now let's see it some terminals pop up in coming weeks/months...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think 1,5 is more than enough if you go all the way through the skin. I mean at 1,5 I have some blood flowing on my forehead already.
Well, I'm following a study and they do 2 mm twice monthly. I think it's fine, since it's not gonna be a weekly thing.
May I ask, what do you do to sanitize your scalp after a session? And how many needles does the stamp have?
my result so far; I'm quite excited since I added dermastamp; It's like my scalp feels healthier, less thight, I feel something is going on,.. as soon as my dermastamp session is over I can't wait for the next one. but hey the only thing that matters is regrowth so now let's see it some terminals pop up in coming weeks/months...
Nice! That's the first step towards regrowth; a healthier environment for the vellus to potentially turn into terminal hairs. Hopefully you get 'em back. Good luck, bud!
Man, can't wait to get started.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if people claming to do 2 mm are really doing it.
In my opinion in order to really be at x mm you need to keep the pen close as possible to the skin. If you dont keep it close even when you move then you wont dermaroll at x mm.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I'm following a study and they do 2 mm twice monthly. I think it's fine, since it's not gonna be a weekly thing.
May I ask, what do you do to sanitize your scalp after a session? And how many needles does the stamp have?

Nice! That's the first step towards regrowth; a healthier environment for the vellus to potentially turn into terminal hairs. Hopefully you get 'em back. Good luck, bud!
Man, can't wait to get started.

Of course you can go 2mm I think this is the extreme limit ; but it should also be the extreme limit for blood if you really go 2mm through the skin. tbh some guys say they have result with slight erythema and some have with more intense wounding so I don’t think there is a definitive answer. But a lot of guys just go for erythema and use minoxidil everyday... I dont use minoxidil or finasteride.
I have noticed since I added dermstamp, I have more reactions in comparaison with dermaroller: sneeze ,tears, more sensitive scalp. Hopefully this is a good sign isn’t it?
my dermastamp has 80needles, I soak it in 80ethanol for 15min before and after .

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you can go 2mm I think this is the extreme limit ; but it should also be the extreme limit for blood if you really go 2mm through the skin. tbh some guys say they have result with slight erythema and some have with more intense wounding so I don’t think there is a definitive answer. But a lot of guys just go for erythema and use minoxidil everyday... I dont use minoxidil or finasteride.
I have noticed since I added dermstamp, I have more reactions in comparaison with dermaroller: sneeze ,tears, more sensitive scalp. Hopefully this is a good sign isn’t it?
my dermastamp has 80needles, I soak it in 80ethanol for 15min before and after .
I'm not using them either, which is why I go for the longer length. It's not proven that the longer the better, as you said, but I think it makes it easier to stick with it and the study showed results, so I'm going with that.
It is indeed a good sign. The tears and sneezes are the needles doing their work penetrating the scalp, which didn't happen when you used the dermaroller.
Oh, so you don't sanitize your scalp? Just the stamp?
Thanks, man.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
those who go 2mm should bleed quite a lot (almost like 2young2retire bloody pictures) IF you really use the full benefit of the length of the needles. If you use it only without pressing, meaning you use it "superficially", then you just go for erythema and In this case 1mm needles is the same. Most guys who claim they do 2mm don't really go 2mm deep for most.
in comparaison I do 1,5 dermastamp for a few weeks, I hear “crunching” sound and I bleed quite a lot already. I was using dermaroller for nearly 2years but I feel like dermastamp is way better(I'd call it vertical wounding)
I'm going 2mm with my dermapen, and believe me, I apply a lot of pressure because I want those damn needles all the way into my skin. The problem is, when I put A Lot of pressure, my dermapen sometimes gets stuck, as if the strength of the motor can push through my skin. This is mostly the case for my crown.
Because of that, after 15 mins of using the motorized pen, I remove the needle chart and start needling again Manually over all of my scalp, in a similar fashion to a derma stamp. When I do that, I do feel the needles are penetrating my crown deeply. But even then, I don't bleed a lot in my crown, just mild redness. I only bleed in my hairline. So the amount of blood is something that varies from one individual to another, even when going to extremes.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Starting to see progress now

1 month apart

Attachments

• 62A7DC24-C0E3-423D-8EFD-EA82F14E93A6.png
    62A7DC24-C0E3-423D-8EFD-EA82F14E93A6.png
    568.4 KB · Views: 704
  • 2F590E5C-DF80-4D8D-B728-64C46BA506CB.jpeg
    2F590E5C-DF80-4D8D-B728-64C46BA506CB.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 716

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
definitely; IF you go 2mm through the skin like I said you should have blood all over the place. unless some are more advanced norwood, full of fibrosis and calcification (I guess). But I doubt 2mm is necessary. I think 1,5 is more than enough if you go all the way through the skin. I mean at 1,5 I have some blood flowing on my forehead already. my result so far; I'm quite excited since I added dermastamp; It's like my scalp feels healthier, less thight, I feel something is going on,.. as soon as my dermastamp session is over I can't wait for the next one. but hey the only thing that matters is regrowth so now let's see it some terminals pop up in coming weeks/months...
I agree with a lot of what you said. I use a 1.5mm stamp too (180 needle) and it took me until my 3rd session to push all the way. That was when I got blood dots and some blood on the needles. It also hurt more. Might be placebo but I noticed after my 3rd session my scalp was softer and it was actually easier to press the needles in. Usually I can't wait to do the next one either lol. But not right after I finish. Usually a few days after I wanna do it again. How long you been stamping for?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely growing. It could also be the photo, but I doubt it. The first one is a bit blurred. Still, it looks impressive after only 4/5 weeks.

Since how many years/months are you taking finasteride and min ?

Yeh I agree first one is a bit blurred but confident I’m seeing regrowth now, it’s been just over 6 weeks for me

I don’t take finasteride, I used to but only for a couple of months, it completely fucked my dick up for ages, min I’ve been taking off and on for a couple of years with no results at all

This is the first time I’ve actually seen results by doing anything although I wasn’t on finasteride long enough to judge that

newguy7

My Regimen
Reaction score
just did my third session but this time with the fastest setting at 2.0mm. actually got little blood spots on the hairline. can't really tell on the crown, it's actually very hard for me to go through that area because it's still pretty thick. I was just doing a left, right, and middle part. i realized i'm gonna have to do multiple parts to try and get my full scalp real good. anybody having this problem? if so, do yall just make multiple parts or do yall have another trick?

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started gliding the pen instead of using it like a stamp and wound up with red and white streaks all over like a dang flag wtf

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not using them either, which is why I go for the longer length. It's not proven that the longer the better, as you said, but I think it makes it easier to stick with it and the study showed results, so I'm going with that.
It is indeed a good sign. The tears and sneezes are the needles doing their work penetrating the scalp, which didn't happen when you used the dermaroller.
Oh, so you don't sanitize your scalp? Just the stamp?
Thanks, man.

ye I forgot that. I always use it after shower I obviously wash my hairs/scalp

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Think you’re correct, I’ve been doing 2mm with the Derminator but I noticed it wasn’t going all the way in because you can see the needle depth arrow on the screen.

However when I slowed down a little and applied slightly more pressure I could see I was reaching the full depth.

I am confident I’m doing it correctly now though after a month or so.