Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the bet that follica knows it’s this simple to use a derma pen and minoxidil but they know that they need something fancy sounding with a patent so when their product is released people don’t catch on and think I can just get a derma pen and do this myself..

I’ve said this before that surely After 10 years, decent amount of investment, and staff from the head of dermatology for 2 Ivy League universities, surely Follica has something a bit more sophisticated that can improve on this even more. Fingers crossed.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will do this later today or tomorrow.

And with about 4-5 reliable people trying this in a couple of months if all goes well we could all put our progress pics on the start of the thread along with your instructions and FAQ’s and then anyone coming to the hairloss forum for help in the future can see exactly what to do with evidence from 5-6 people

Might be getting ahead of myself here but this seems ti be working, and if it works on me even to a decent standard then I’m confident it will work for most people out there because my hairloss is super aggresive and my dad was completely bald at 35

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are those small black dots on my left temple regrowth? Btw I am getting some really thin black hair on the slick bald spots down under, but the phone camera doesn't pick them up.

View attachment 104794

Yeah my friend, thats regrowth coming soon.

A shame you dont want to use minoxidil...

What’s the bet that follica knows it’s this simple to use a derma pen and minoxidil but they know that they need something fancy sounding with a patent so when their product is released people don’t catch on and think I can just get a derma pen and do this myself..

Follica is developing their own drugs, they raised good money last year.

And their wounding method although still not confirmed may be more efficient than dermarolling.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve said this before that surely After 10 years, decent amount of investment, and staff from the head of dermatology for 2 Ivy League universities, surely Follica has something a bit more sophisticated that can improve on this even more. Fingers crossed.

Maybe it doesn’t need anything added tho, I understand that people may respond differently to different treatments but it’s our bodies that’s repairing itself that is the treatment and pretty much everybody's body does this, it just may take people longer than others..

Also there are loads of things already out there that derma rolling could x the results that we need to try

Maybe I’m way off, it just makes sense to me

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

And their wounding method although still not confirmed may be more efficient than dermarolling.

I'm using min since over 7 years =)

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But this is what I’m saying..

They know wounding is the cure but they can’t just come out with it because everyone would just get a derma pen like we are doing now so they have to dress it up with something fancy that only they can do..

Say this guy who did the reddit thread went to investors and said look, I’m developing a new treatment, look at these results, they would jump at it... so maybe that’s what they have done but thought we know this works but we need something fancy to dress it up..

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still not seen one person come and say they have been doing 1.5mm / 2mm dermarolling once a week and it hasn’t worked..

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But this is what I’m saying..

They know wounding is the cure but they can’t just come out with it because everyone would just get a derma pen like we are doing now so they have to dress it up with something fancy that only they can do..

Say this guy who did the reddit thread went to investors and said look, I’m developing a new treatment, look at these results, they would jump at it... so maybe that’s what they have done but thought we know this works but we need something fancy to dress it up..

Its true the first iteration of Follica will probbably not be much more than minoxidil and dermastamping/rolling.

About this being a cure, i dont think so. Its a new exciting treatment with pros and cons like the others.

Its superior than antiandrogens and minoxidil alone in terms of hair regrowth but to keep the hair long term its likely you will have to consider finasteride at some point.

And Nw5-7 will not reach a good density. Maybe some good responder would but as a population im skeptical.

If Follica cracks to modulate the WNT pathway, well then they will be offering a more robust product than minoxidil & Dermapen.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its true the first iteration of Follica will probbably not be much more than minoxidil and dermastamping/rolling.

About this being a cure, i dont think so. Its a new exciting treatment with pros and cons like the others.

Its superior than antiandrogens and minoxidil alone in terms of hair regrowth but to keep the hair long term its likely you will have to consider finasteride at some point.

And Nw5-7 will not reach a good density. Maybe some good responder would but as a population im skeptical.

If Follica cracks to modulate the WNT pathway, well then they will be offering a more robust product than minoxidil & Dermapen.

Why do you think they wont reach a good density even if it’s eventually? Is there any cases for this?

Follica themselves say once you wound your body decides wether to grow a hair or not.. so is it not just a case of keep doing it ?

So it’s your body doing the work here as proven by the indian study without minoxidil

I struggle to see the cons of this treatment?

If I actually tried and believed this years ago when I first started balding, pretty sure I wouldnt be bald now..

Even if I had to do this every 10 days for the rest of my life I would not care in the slightest, no limp dick issues and it’s so cheap.. why everyone on this forum is not doing this by now baffles me.. people are still in the brotzu thread crying

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That user prettyfly83 was basically slick bald (nw7 I think? ) and he got insane regrowth. He did get get enough hair to cover everything, but the density was weak. I am just wondering if he's kept it up after all those years. Would be interesting to see if he got his density back. I mean one would think he would if he had kept it up.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People like hellouser got insane results and I know derma rolling was part of what he was using, maybe it was that doing the actual work and none of the other stuff that he was adding

Our bodies are the best in the world at repairing themselves, so if by wounding it tricks them into growing a hair, they’re going to grow a hair

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you think they wont reach a good density even if it’s eventually? Is there any cases for this?

Follica themselves say once you wound your body decides wether to grow a hair or not.. so is it not just a case of keep doing it ?

So it’s your body doing the work here as proven by the indian study without minoxidil

I struggle to see the cons of this treatment?

If I actually tried and believed this years ago when I first started balding, pretty sure I wouldnt be bald now..

Even if I had to do this every 10 days for the rest of my life I would not care in the slightest, no limp dick issues and it’s so cheap.. why everyone on this forum is not doing this by now baffles me.. people are still in the brotzu thread crying

There is a study done by Rachita Dhurat with only dermarolling for the big NWs and results werent really impressive. Especially when compared to the NW2-4 diffuers we are seeing almost every day around here.

Dont get me wrong, im a fan and also think we are very lucky. Aside from tranny drugs that most of us wont ever touch, this is the first time we have something that provides cosmetically significant regrowth.

About prettyfly, he used to post on stopaga.com as well but like the OP here got mad when some people started to doubt his results. Unbelievable... the guy took really good pics and was very nice and helpful but still got some heat.

Last edited:

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a study done by Rachita Dhurat with only dermarolling for the big NWs and results werent really impressive. Specially compared to the NW2-4 diffuers we are seeing almost every day around here.

Dont get me wrong, im a fan and also think we are very lucky. Aside from tranny drugs that most of us wont ever touch, this is the first time we have something that provides cosmetically significant regrowth.

About prettyfly, he used to post on stopaga.com as well but like the OP here got mad when some people started to doubt his results. Unbelievable... the guy took really good pics and was very nice and helpful.

Yeh I ubderstand what you mean but I’d say NW7 will take a lot longer derma rolling than a NW3 would to see the same results, maybe the key is persistance

If this works and we all have decent regrowth in the next 3 months I think we all should make sure we make a thread with all the progress pics and not just leave because we have re-growth so we can help everyone else who is going through this sh*t

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh I ubderstand what you mean but I’d say NW7 will take a lot longer derma rolling than a NW3 would to see the same results, maybe the key is persistance

If this works and we all have decent regrowth in the next 3 months I think we all should make sure we make a thread with all the progress pics and not just leave because we have re-growth so we can help everyone else who is going through this sh*t
Indeed. In this very thread you got Kitedude. Went from receding hairline and bald spot on crown at 25, to getting compliments about his hair at 37. He started dermarolling in 2013 I believe. No Minoxidil, too.
That seems to be the one thing consistent here. Those who are persistent see results.
And I think that's a very good idea. A thread to post pics with results, whether they take 3 months or a year to show.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed. In this very thread you got Kitedude. Went from receding hairline and bald spot on crown at 25, to getting compliments about his hair at 37. He started dermarolling in 2013 I believe. No Minoxidil, too.
That seems to be the one thing consistent here. Those who are persistent see results.
And I think that's a very good idea. A thread to post pics with results, whether they take 3 months or a year to show.

It seems that the answer has been right under our nose for years, we have had studies showing it working, people coming and going with insane results and yet the majority of us have just ignored it, this could have cured all the baldies even from 2005, this could have cured our dads, this could have cured people from thousands of years ago, alls you need is something sharp to wound yourself, and here we still are on a hairloss forum in 2018 looking for a cure, we are stupid

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that the answer has been right under our nose for years, we have had studies showing it working, people coming and going with insane results and yet the majority of us have just ignored it, this could have cured all the baldies even from 2005, this could have cured our dads, this could have cured people from thousands of years ago, alls you need is something sharp to wound yourself, and here we still are on a hairloss forum in 2018 looking for a cure, we are stupid
This is not a cure

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the thing, it sounds so simple one wouldn't believe it without solid proof and, even then, people would look for signs of Topikk or think it's a transplant.
I'm just glad we got to find out, even if it was late.
This is not a cure
Even if it isn't by itself, it seems to be one of the key pieces of the puzzle. The OP didn't respond to Minoxidil UNTIL he started wounding. And look at his results.
Combined with something like WAY or stem cells, this has great potential.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the thing, it sounds so simple one wouldn't believe without solid proof and, even then, peoplen would look for signs of Topikk or think it's a transplant.
I'm just glad we got to find out, even if it was late.

Even if it isn't by itself, it seems to be one of the key pieces of the puzzle. The OP didn't respond to Minoxidil UNTIL he started wounding. And look at his results.
Combined with something like WAY or stem cells, this has great potential.

That’s the thing tho waht if adding minoxidil and stem cells isnt necessary, what if our body is giving us exactly what we need through wound healing, better than any drug that could give us, that is the drug what our body is sending to repair