Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So your success is because of minoxidil/needling and not your current regimen?
My success is due to both regimens. I had great initial growth, but then a period of stagnation. My hair saw increased thickening, and continues to thicken, after the introduction of dutasteride and oral minoxidil.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
And what has contributed to most of your success you think?

I wish i was as good a responder to oral minoxidil as some guys on here :( i do have some results from it but nothing spectacular like that guy that recently made a thread. Most people only maintain on 5aris and maybe some regrowth but not enough to be cosmetically significant, unusual responders usually respond amazingly like this guy did with finasteride. https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/threads/true-dorin-transplant-or-propecia.1893/

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My initial regimen of finasteride, liquid minoxidil and dermarolling, but there was a plateau. Oral minoxidil and dutasteride would have brought me my current results quicker if I had started with them first, just due to their known potency. If your biochemistry is suited to treatment, then more potent meds will give better results. That's how I view it. @Pigeon

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
My initial regimen of finasteride, liquid minoxidil and dermarolling, but there was a plateau. Oral minoxidil and dutasteride would have brought me my current results quicker if I had started with them first, just due to their known potency. If your biochemistry is suited to treatment, then more potent meds will give better results. That's how I view it. @Pigeon

Im assuming from your username you had diffuse thinning, i have diffuse thinning on my crown area and even using 0.5mg dutasteride, 200mg spironolactone, 10mg oral min and 10ml oral castor oil i still don't have as much density as i would like tbh.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im assuming from your username you had diffuse thinning, i have diffuse thinning on my crown area and even using 0.5mg dutasteride, 10mg oral min and 10ml oral castor oil i still don't have as much density as i would like tbh
I had diffuse thinning with a fully bald crown area. My crown was the first area to bald and the most stubborn to regrow.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm taking a break from needling myself. Just finished a once a week, 6 week trial of needling with a 36 hour fast. I did notice that it seemed to heal much faster than normal, although that could be all in my head.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm ordering a Derma Pen M8 soon. I'm unsure if I should order the 16 or 36 pin needles?

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have a few questions:

1) How long do people spend rolling? I spend 3 minutes rolling my scalp and that draws blood. Is this enough time?
2) Does anyone roll their frontal hairline? How do you conceal the marks, wear a hat for 4 days??
3) Can someone expand upon "Dermapen"? Is it actually better or people just find it easier?
4) If Dermapen is better can someone recommend a product to buy in UK?

Last edited:

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Always hear about the magical 2 year benefit of minoxidil but I've seen enough people who were able to maintain results for more than 5 years with minoxidil alone.

I’ve always known minoxidil to continue to work for up to 2 yrs and then it maintains thereafter. I know of many who’ve been maintaining well on minoxidil since the 90’s

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on Minoxidil for over 10 years and still have hair with slight diffuse thinning. I dont know if the slightly worse thinning i experience now is because of seasonal shedding or me starting zinc /copper supplements (for anti greying purposes) or dropping 10 000mcg biotin (gave outbreaks) the last few months that I feel it has gotten slightly worse so im cutting down on supplementing to every other day. But i remember before i started taking minoxidil was losing hair quite badly and my hair just felt like sh*t. When i look at some photos from like 6-7 years ago. Honestly my hair looked worse then so it seems it has even improved over time. It could be because i use lipogaine too so. So minoxidil is working for me for sure. And needling makes my hair feel stronger and more alive. So i think if you start early with minoxidil or whatever treatmnt it could work . It could work even better if you are a diffuse thinner. But if you start you are in it for life. So remember that and decide how important your hair is to you.

Last edited:

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Derminator 2 and it’s taking forever to receive (no fault of the sender, shipping is just generally slow for the time being)

Until I receive it, what other microneedle / dermaroller product is readily available that works well, a bonus would be if it’s sold on Amazon

Edit: Never mind. Had to go to US Amazon and ordered the Dermapen M8 with the 22 cartridges package.

Last edited:

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Skin looks good and and shiny. some lines in my forehead but not too deep, probably because of aging anyway. I work out and try to eat healthy (often rice chicken beef and veggies). Also take collagen powder, pomegrenade juice, fish oil, coconut water daily. Dont smoke either. Also important not to sleep just after youve applied minoxidil so that you dont get it on your pillow and eventually in your face. Ideally you could take a shower before you go to bed so you dont have anything on.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
That’s insane regrowth in only 60 days. Even the length regrown in 60 days is crazy