Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think the LLLT has been a big help? What kind do you use?
I’m a fan of LLLT and will never cut it from my regimen. It makes your scalp healthier and thickens up your hair. I don’t think it does a lot in terms of regrowth if you use it as a standalone treatment - though I have seen pictures on Reddit of a woman getting regrowth from laser treatment alone.
I am using the Hairmax flex cap, and was using the regular Hairmax helmet before that.

I think that my good results now are for a large part due to dutasteride and microneedling.
In the past I used laser/minoxidil for years and had good results, but could not get past a certain level of improvement. Now that I have added dutasteride and microneedling, the results are much better. It’s probably due to the synergy, and I guess I’m a good dutasteride responder.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a fan of LLLT and will never cut it from my regimen. It makes your scalp healthier and thickens up your hair. I don’t think it does a lot in terms of regrowth if you use it as a standalone treatment - though I have seen pictures on Reddit of a woman getting regrowth from laser treatment alone.
I am using the Hairmax flex cap, and was using the regular Hairmax helmet before that.

I think that my good results now are for a large part due to dutasteride and microneedling.
In the past I used laser/minoxidil for years and had good results, but could not get past a certain level of improvement. Now that I have added dutasteride and microneedling, the results are much better. It’s probably due to the synergy, and I guess I’m a good dutasteride responder.
nice. literally just jumped on the dutasteride train earlier today. Ordered it, but haven't started it. Been using finasteride the last 4 years.

Might start oral min too if I can find some online.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

What’s your diet like?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nice. literally just jumped on the dutasteride train earlier today. Ordered it, but haven't started it. Been using finasteride the last 4 years.

Might start oral min too if I can find some online.
Good luck with dutasteride. Did you have good results on finasteride? If it weren’t for the body hair, I would also like to try oral minoxidil - I have high blood pressure anyway.

What’s your diet like?
Just a regular diet. Meat, fish, vegetables, fruit. Chocolate, crisps, lots of coffee, lots of water. I just eat what I like basically :)

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with dutasteride. Did you have good results on finasteride? If it weren’t for the body hair, I would also like to try oral minoxidil - I have high blood pressure anyway.

Just a regular diet. Meat, fish, vegetables, fruit. Chocolate, crisps, lots of coffee, lots of water. I just eat what I like basically :)
finasteride pretty much retained what I had. But I want to do everything I can for regrowth.

And I know if finasteride lost efficiency, it wouldn't be until I lost a lot of ground until I notice.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

You ever get the itch after anything in particular, chocolate?

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
After needling, are you supposed to not wash your hair/ wipe the dead skin off for a while? Would if affect the wound healing response that we want to happen? I have been waiting a couple days, but wondering if I need to wait longer.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After needling, are you supposed to not wash your hair/ wipe the dead skin off for a while? Would if affect the wound healing response that we want to happen? I have been waiting a couple days, but wondering if I need to wait longer.
I wash my hair every day, I don’t think it matters.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
here's my experience with dermarolling and minoxidil. I had amazing regrowth over a year ago. unfortunately, i had to go in for cataract surgery, at a young age!! i had to stop with the dermarolling for about 2 months. I didn't want the vibrations across my scalp to affect the incision in my eye. i think I prioritized correctly haha. i continued with the minoxidil however. Lo and behold, I lost a ton of gains unfortunately since i wasn't dermarolling. anyway, i went back on it after those 2 months. it's now been about 8 months. i dermaroll once every 2 weeks at 1.25mm. rogaine every night. I'm maintaining, which makes me happy. But no regrowth. any suggestions??? like i mentioned... maintaining, yes. Regrowth, no. I had regrowth prior to the surgery. but nothing now!!

EDIT: i know derma rolling and minoxidil work together, and i saw the results first hand! i just can't replicate it again. maybe my follicles can only be re-activated once?? am i screwed?

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
here's my experience with dermarolling and minoxidil. I had amazing regrowth over a year ago. unfortunately, i had to go in for cataract surgery, at a young age!! i had to stop with the dermarolling for about 2 months. I didn't want the vibrations across my scalp to affect the incision in my eye. i think I prioritized correctly haha. i continued with the minoxidil however. Lo and behold, I lost a ton of gains unfortunately since i wasn't dermarolling. anyway, i went back on it after those 2 months. it's now been about 8 months. i dermaroll once every 2 weeks at 1.25mm. rogaine every night. I'm maintaining, which makes me happy. But no regrowth. any suggestions??? like i mentioned... maintaining, yes. Regrowth, no. I had regrowth prior to the surgery. but nothing now!!

EDIT: i know derma rolling and minoxidil work together, and i saw the results first hand! i just can't replicate it again. maybe my follicles can only be re-activated once?? am i screwed?
I am on so many treatments that I can't prove any regrowth but I have seen amazing scar healing which purportedly works the same way.

The thing that puzzles me is how quickly the regrown hair falls out after desisting from DR as per reports on here by others. This seems to indicate that the hair was fully "healed" perhaps but it might be that bald people and I mean with lots of skin showing, have rampant endocrine processes that can catch up by eradicating hair in no time. Why wouldn't dutasteride or finasteride help maintain gains? I am always on all of these and I have microneedled four times a month for two years now and all I can say is that together everything is working great but I would look at combining it with an RI. Other topicals besides minoxidil might be effective but why re-invent the wheel unless you can't use minoxidil for some reason. You might also try putting on retin-A and topical min afterwards. If doing so hurts, then you are pressing two hard.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on so many treatments that I can't prove any regrowth but I have seen amazing scar healing which purportedly works the same way.

The thing that puzzles me is how quickly the regrown hair falls out after desisting from DR as per reports on here by others. This seems to indicate that the hair was fully "healed" perhaps but it might be that bald people and I mean with lots of skin showing, have rampant endocrine processes that can catch up by eradicating hair in no time. Why wouldn't dutasteride or finasteride help maintain gains? I am always on all of these and I have microneedled four times a month for two years now and all I can say is that together everything is working great but I would look at combining it with an RI. Other topicals besides minoxidil might be effective but why re-invent the wheel unless you can't use minoxidil for some reason. You might also try putting on retin-A and topical min afterwards. If doing so hurts, then you are pressing two hard.
Thank you for your reply! What is RI? I swear, the body's mechanism of destroying follicles mutates. when i first tried rogaine, i regrew some but then lost it years later. i tried massaging... it thickened up what i had, but then i started losing that. I tried sandalore... it worked wonders! only to lose all my regrowth and then even more months later, even though i was still on it. Now its the same broken record with the derma rolling / minoxidil. Whatever you do to fight it, the body will devise another way of going around it and keep destroying your hair. It's like a damn virus.

And yes!! if you drop the DR for a few weeks, it has a huge detrimental effect on the hair follicles. all it takes is a few weeks.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! What is RI? I swear, the body's mechanism of destroying follicles mutates. when i first tried rogaine, i regrew some but then lost it years later. i tried massaging... it thickened up what i had, but then i started losing that. I tried sandalore... it worked wonders! only to lose all my regrowth and then even more months later, even though i was still on it. Now its the same broken record with the derma rolling / minoxidil. Whatever you do to fight it, the body will devise another way of going around it and keep destroying your hair. It's like a damn virus.
RI is my abbreviation for reductase inhibitors like finasteride/Duta.

I agree with you on the rest. I have followed a guy @bridgeburn, who hasn't been around in over two years, who came from a group that touted extreme measures for hair regrowth and so he started a thread with quite often periodic updates and pics showing that he was restoring huge amounts of hair with extreme measures meaning mostly HRT but also 5mg daily of oral min. I emulate him on my own similar thread--he is gone now and it's best to separate my experience anyway. Among white males, our bodies want hair on our faces much more than hair on our scalps and it is a constant battle. I maintained more or less for 30 years on finasteride/Min/Duta but then I max'ed out and started losing hair again. I am done with having children so I made a choice not to go bald. HRT doesn't work for everyone for hair regrowth and we don't know why but my thesis is that it takes very high sustained levels for at least 12-18 months.

The other thing that you guys can't/won't do and I stress this, you have to ride out any sheds. This is indicative of getting regrowth results of some type but guys always stop treatment and lose the chance for benefits. Slow titration is key. Anyway, I was bald for 36 years after being a pretty cute teen with excellent hair, which makes it even worse to lose but I feel your pain as they say. Baldness is/can be just as bad as gender dysphoria and I call it hair dysphoria and many MtF non-binary folks suffer from hair dysphoria that is essentially linked to gender dysphoria because the two are so intertwined psychologically for many of us.

Here are my latest progress pics. Just as happened with Bridge, I expect to see more and more interest in HRT by XY's again particularly as my hair continues to lengthen without any mullet any longer and substantial restoration from either a visibly bald state or from a cueball actually because I shed all my hair--all-when trying spironolactone as an HRT component. I found a cute wig and rode the shed out and just kept titrating upwards, microneedling and all of the rest:

Goddess bless,
Janey

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to stay away from finasteride / duta. finasteride gave me side effects, I did get through it, but don't want to go through it again. So I can't consider using RI. maybe i can try copper peptides and drink it daily.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Hellouser and Desmond? And where's ohmanohno with the 'rabble rabble rabble' comments?... those were funny times on the brotzu thread.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RI is my abbreviation for reductase inhibitors like finasteride/Duta.

I agree with you on the rest. I have followed a guy @bridgeburn, who hasn't been around in over two years, who came from a group that touted extreme measures for hair regrowth and so he started a thread with quite often periodic updates and pics showing that he was restoring huge amounts of hair with extreme measures meaning mostly HRT but also 5mg daily of oral min. I emulate him on my own similar thread--he is gone now and it's best to separate my experience anyway. Among white males, our bodies want hair on our faces much more than hair on our scalps and it is a constant battle. I maintained more or less for 30 years on finasteride/Min/Duta but then I max'ed out and started losing hair again. I am done with having children so I made a choice not to go bald. HRT doesn't work for everyone for hair regrowth and we don't know why but my thesis is that it takes very high sustained levels for at least 12-18 months.

The other thing that you guys can't/won't do and I stress this, you have to ride out any sheds. This is indicative of getting regrowth results of some type but guys always stop treatment and lose the chance for benefits. Slow titration is key. Anyway, I was bald for 36 years after being a pretty cute teen with excellent hair, which makes it even worse to lose but I feel your pain as they say. Baldness is/can be just as bad as gender dysphoria and I call it hair dysphoria and many MtF non-binary folks suffer from hair dysphoria that is essentially linked to gender dysphoria because the two are so intertwined psychologically for many of us.

Here are my latest progress pics. Just as happened with Bridge, I expect to see more and more interest in HRT by XY's again particularly as my hair continues to lengthen without any mullet any longer and substantial restoration from either a visibly bald state or from a cueball actually because I shed all my hair--all-when trying spironolactone as an HRT component. I found a cute wig and rode the shed out and just kept titrating upwards, microneedling and all of the rest:

Goddess bless,
Janey
Hey i have to ask , i see you active alot here .
Everytime i see you comment its always a huge amount of text , and Im really intrested in reading what you say can you please do tldr ? Thanks.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey i have to ask , i see you active alot here .
Everytime i see you comment its always a huge amount of text , and Im really intrested in reading what you say can you please do tldr ? Thanks.
you call that long? it was only 3 paragraphs. it's a quick read. Have you been to Reddit? the posts there are the true novels!

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I needle .75mm-1mm every other week, will I be increasing systemic absorption if I do it 3-4 days apart from application? I’m currently on topical dutasteride and am worried about increased absorption. Is 3-4 days long enough to have no increased absorption? I’ve heard some people say 24-36 hours. Would the long half life of dutasteride effect it?