Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Squeegee 2.0 sorry if I am being a bit pushy, perhaps you overlooked my last post. I will ask you again.
We are aware you are one of the lucky responders who were regrowing lots of hair back in the 2013 dermarolling thread. Unfortunately, you were banned at aprox. 6 months of needling, and now it's been 6 years. Would you care to report your status? Did you eventually kept gaining hair, or gains were eventually lost? Your report would be inmensely insightful for all of us who don't know a damn thing about the long term dynamics of microneedling.

A few months ago, we asked the same question to @2youngg2retire (another veteran needler from 2013) but he mysteriously avoided the question, and that left us with a bad feeling about the long term efficacy of needling. We would very much appreciate your response.

The problem with micro-needling is longevity and fine tuning... You will get sick of stabbing yourself after a while.. also , hair grow in cycle and find the right way to micro needling is really tough... Weekly, daily, monthly? 2.5mm or 1.5mm. Everybody on here is balding differently. We all have different AR layout and some people go bald faster than other depending of the degree of inflammation.. I've been on/off micro needling. I had great results in the beginning because I was stabbing myself pretty much like a butcher... Then got sick of doing it because it takes 2 week to heel up.Then I started daily with a 1.5mm.. started sheddng like a mofo.. How much calcification you have built up? How much brown adipose fat you have left.. ahh these things will determine your success.

The real issue with Androgenic Alopecia is chronic inflammation/ Oxidative stress.There is many studies out there that link Androgenic Alopecia to metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular diseases.

Androgen are powerful hormones that can be anti or pro inflammatory.
Also, The Hair follicle is a dynamic mini-organ... Not just some f*****g fur on your head.. LOL The problem is f*****g complicated and complex.

The Hair Follicle as a Dynamic Miniorgan
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982208016266

Decreased subcutaneous fat layer – The layer of fat at the base of the skin, also known as subcutaneous adipose tissue or colloquially called “baby fat”, diminishes with age. Researchers have noted the accumulation of this fat around healthy follicles that are vigorously growing hair, and its relative lack in around dormant follicles, and have postulated that these fat cells serve a supportive function for the hair follicle. Conditions that inhibit hair growth such as chemotherapy or starvation, also decrease the subcutaneous fat layer
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X17330919

BALDNESS AND CALCIFICATION OF THE "IVORY DOME
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/256511

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with micro-needling is longevity and fine tuning... You will get sick of stabbing yourself after a while.. also , hair grow in cycle and find the right way to micro needling is really tough... Weekly, daily, monthly? 2.5mm or 1.5mm. Everybody on here is balding differently. We all have different AR layout and some people go bald faster than other depending of the degree of inflammation.. I've been on/off micro needling. I had great results in the beginning because I was stabbing myself pretty much like a butcher... Then got sick of doing it because it takes 2 week to heel up.Then I started daily with a 1.5mm.. started sheddng like a mofo.. How much calcification you have built up? How much brown adipose fat you have left.. ahh these things will determine your success.

The real issue with Androgenic Alopecia is chronic inflammation/ Oxidative stress.There is many studies out there that link Androgenic Alopecia to metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular diseases.

Androgen are powerful hormones that can be anti or pro inflammatory.
Also, The Hair follicle is a dynamic mini-organ... Not just some f*****g fur on your head.. LOL The problem is f*****g complicated and complex.

The Hair Follicle as a Dynamic Miniorgan
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982208016266

Decreased subcutaneous fat layer – The layer of fat at the base of the skin, also known as subcutaneous adipose tissue or colloquially called “baby fat”, diminishes with age. Researchers have noted the accumulation of this fat around healthy follicles that are vigorously growing hair, and its relative lack in around dormant follicles, and have postulated that these fat cells serve a supportive function for the hair follicle. Conditions that inhibit hair growth such as chemotherapy or starvation, also decrease the subcutaneous fat layer
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X17330919

BALDNESS AND CALCIFICATION OF THE "IVORY DOME
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/256511
Thank you very much for your answer. Well, had I got results with needling like you did, I would have no problem at all at doing that FOR LIFE.
Do you think you'd have kept your gains had you been consistent with your weekly needling regime?
Now that you mention daily needling, there are a couple of dudes here who are getting results by needing daily (although not butchering their scalps, but rather mild rolling with less than 1.5mm). One of them even got immediate results after getting nothing with the once a week approach. Do you think that the increase in frequency but the decrease in intensity is worth a shot? I am already trying it but it's still to early to evaluate results.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
just fuckk off dude omg u deserve to be bald
Agreed - May he irreversibly loose all his hair including donor area in a terrible accident. Accident being his life. Accident being his conception. And accident finding this website.

#jokes/notjokes

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer. Well, had I got results with needling like you did, I would have no problem at all at doing that FOR LIFE.
Do you think you'd have kept your gains had you been consistent with your weekly needling regime?
Now that you mention daily needling, there are a couple of dudes here who are getting results by needing daily (although not butchering their scalps, but rather mild rolling with less than 1.5mm). One of them even got immediate results after getting nothing with the once a week approach. Do you think that the increase in frequency but the decrease in intensity is worth a shot? I am already trying it but it's still to early to evaluate results.

That is the main problem with balding, we all different and some people will get results with mild,butcher style rolling. Some won't at all. There is no"one size fit all" process. Micro Needling can be a good arsenal for Androgenetic Alopecia. I am balding since I am 24 years old.I am turning 41 next month and still got good hair on my pumpkin.Micro needling stimulate angiogenesis which is required for proper hair cycle. I can't recommend what to do because I am clueless myself even after all these years lol. I am being REALLY honest.

I also tried mesotherapy with minoxidil.. self mesotherapy.. Which I got mild results with it.

Hair growth in cycle and also it can takes times to see results.. It can be frustrating..

Keep rolling brothers!

Last edited:

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 weeks on Min twice a day 1.5mm dermaroller once a week. One picture is when its dry and the other is when its wet but can still see multiple little hairs coming back. Hopefully it continues.

Attachments

• IMG_9287.PNG
    IMG_9287.PNG
    693.6 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_9288.PNG
    IMG_9288.PNG
    780.5 KB · Views: 821

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed - May he irreversibly loose all his hair including donor area in a terrible accident. Accident being his life. Accident being his conception. And accident finding this website.

#jokes/notjokes

Kiwi bros, Dismiss the haters, they always wins at the end.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Twice a day? that is an insane amount of rolling, i doubt the scalp ever fully heals...

Why are you rolling instead of a dermapen?

The daily rolling is the Chen method. If my scalp is sore I skip rolling until next day.

Rolling is quick and easy. I mix in the pen when I'm not too lazy to get it out and plug it in and get the cartridge in etc

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t shedding a sign it’s working? It gets worse before it gets better!
I used minoxidil before this for almost 3 years. It never worked. And, after 2 years i was started minoxidil after needling. I lost a lot if hair in the meanwhile. I almost developed a bald spot. And after stopping my hair loss got reduced. I think shedding tons of hair or it gets worse before it gets better is a cliche. I can't afford to lose more hair or I'll become bald.

Koupka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you think dermaroller work better than dermapen/dermastamp ? It's my general impression after reading all the testimonies, can we talk about that ?

Maybe it could be explain by the more transversal cut dermarolling do to the skin ? Also it's not only a pinpoint you make while dermarolling, it's more transversal, do you see what i mean ?

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just done my first session with a dermapen instead of a roller, feels like it does a much better job and more consistent.

Struggled to get my hair out of the way kept getting caught and pulling them out is the only problem with the pen.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left temple
Damn, I envy guys having moles in their temples. They serve as a nice reference for progress pics. Without them, evaluating progress is nearly impossible. I am having a very hard time taking pics at the same angle and position so they are not fairly comparable.

Anyway, did you start minoxidil at the same time as needling? Nice results

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, I'm fucked my hair is terrible right now (I'm in 4th month derma pen and 3 months dermarolling before derma pen) also im on fina and minoxidil for 3 years what should I do? maybe duta and oral minoxidil?
Lmfao this is your own post from April, completely losing your mind because it isnt working for you, yet you continue to defend it? Absolute psycho mate

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score

#jokes/notjokes
You're 41 years old with an NPC avatar and using hashtags. You can't even spell lose properly. And you say my life is an accident?
You're the definition of a manchild. Even a full head of hair would not stop you from being a complete loser and disgusting to the opposite sex.
Truth hurts, but someone had to tell you.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Outside of the thread starter, is anyone having any results using minoxidil + Derma Pen without using finasteride?

I was having tremendous success using both finasteride + minoxidil + Derma Pen, but have been off finasteride for 3 months and I’m losing significant ground. I firmly believe dermarolling in addition to using minoxidil and finasteride is the best way to get results.

I’ve continued to use my Derma pen weekly and apply minoxidil, but I’m losing ground, especially on the crown. I’m going to jump back on finasteride in a month or so, wanted a break from it (personal reasons) to see how my body responded and to see if the results decreased. They have so now I realize I must be on all 3 to have the desired benefit.

Thoughts?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Outside of the thread starter, is anyone having any results using minoxidil + Derma Pen without using finasteride?

I was having tremendous success using both finasteride + minoxidil + Derma Pen, but have been off finasteride for 3 months and I’m losing significant ground. I firmly believe dermarolling in addition to using minoxidil and finasteride is the best way to get results.

I’ve continued to use my Derma pen weekly and apply minoxidil, but I’m losing ground, especially on the crown. I’m going to jump back on finasteride in a month or so, wanted a break from it (personal reasons) to see how my body responded and to see if the results decreased. They have so now I realize I must be on all 3 to have the desired benefit.

Thoughts?

Lol dislike this post as many who can’t except reality will but antiandrogen is still the base treatment in 2019. Minoxidil and dermarolling is fun for maybe a couple of months but you’re running towards a rude awakening. It’s only a matter of time and your hairloss aggressiveness.

Last edited: