Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, posted my 1 year success story in the success story section:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/one-year-fighting-hairloss-as-a-norwood-7.122808/

Here is just one photo. Been dermarolling / microneedling for 9 months now, but obviously I have been using a shitton of other treatments as well. More photos in the success story link.

20190524_124957-COLLAGE.jpg

I want to believe that the needling has contributed to my success, but the Big 3 was most likely the heavy lifter. I consider the needling just additional support.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I supposed to be impressed?
Different lighting and a blurry *** pic.
Unless you're using a HD webcam or phone that can take highly detailed pics close up, dont bother at all.
Been rolling as per the OP's method since November and has made zero difference. If I comb my hair in a particular way or change the lighting slightly I could trick you into believing ive gained 50% regrowth but im not going to BS anyone.
You are supposed to be nothing. Nobody cares if you’re impressed or not.

There’s a hair transplant forum and finasteride forum elsewhere.

Of course you and Roberta coujd save us all from reading your posts and just DM each other.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I supposed to be impressed?
Different lighting and a blurry *** pic.
Unless you're using a HD webcam or phone that can take highly detailed pics close up, dont bother at all.
Been rolling as per the OP's method since November and has made zero difference. If I comb my hair in a particular way or change the lighting slightly I could trick you into believing ive gained 50% regrowth but im not going to BS anyone.

Tell us the hairstyle you use to grow a first line like this

Attachments

• 62mcwKt0.jpg
    62mcwKt0.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 548

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell us the hairstyle you use to grow a first line like this
Roberta and him make s sexy prp mix together and rub it on their heads with finasteride.

No needling necessary! Fist bump and high heels for the win!

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/one-year-fighting-hairloss-as-a-norwood-7.122808/

Here is just one photo. Been dermarolling / microneedling for 9 months now, but obviously I have been using a shitton of other treatments as well. More photos in the success story link.

View attachment 119844

I want to believe that the needling has contributed to my success, but the Big 3 was most likely the heavy lifter. I consider the needling just additional support.

The big 3 alone would, in all likelihood, not have had that affect. Growing hair on a totally bald scalp is very impressive. Did you notice a change when you switched from a roller to a pen?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you're right, Necrosis. But I've been losing hair - in the diffuse way - since I was 15, and if I don't take it now I will likely go bald. I'm losing hair all over the scalp and have only about 50% density left.

Do you think Indomethacin or diclofenac etc will be a good addition to big3?

There's a study that used 3% diclofenac mixed with minoxidil. The results were very positive. I have some 1% diclofenac gel that I apply to my scalp at night several times per week.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
The big 3 alone would, in all likelihood, not have had that affect. Growing hair on a totally bald scalp is very impressive. Did you notice a change when you switched from a roller to a pen?
This is a very good point.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hard to say. I bled one time at 2mm with the pen, never bled more than a few droplets with the 1.5mm roller no matter how hard I rolled.

The pain was more manageable with the pen.

As far as results, well, every month of my treatment seems to be my best month. So things that I added or changed may have increased effectiveness or maybe just kept the progress going at the same rate.

I was definitely spawning new hairs when I added the dermaroller, that I do not know if I would've gotten from the Big 3 alone. Lots of these new vellus hair were sprouting up all the way to my original hairline and in the crown. A good chunk of those went terminal. Still have lots of vellus babies chilling that never used to exist pre-treatment

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh man I really hope I get similar results. This is f*****g awesome.

I buzzed my hair today before another session and I was unable to check the progress of my receded temples because of the orientation of my hair growth there but with a buzz cut I'm happy to report that they have had a 100% recovery in just 6-7 weeks in terms of shape and 60-70% recovery in terms of density. Needling also hurt a bit more with buzzed hair.

Did you front recover first too?
Or did everything start recovering at the same time?

Sorry Bro, here you go:

https://www.amazon.de/microneedling...ords=dermapen&qid=1558741366&s=gateway&sr=8-3

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hard to say. I bled one time at 2mm with the pen, never bled more than a few droplets with the 1.5mm roller no matter how hard I rolled.

The pain was more manageable with the pen.

As far as results, well, every month of my treatment seems to be my best month. So things that I added or changed may have increased effectiveness or maybe just kept the progress going at the same rate.

I was definitely spawning new hairs when I added the dermaroller, that I do not know if I would've gotten from the Big 3 alone. Lots of these new vellus hair were sprouting up all the way to my original hairline and in the crown. A good chunk of those went terminal. Still have lots of vellus babies chilling that never used to exist pre-treatment

Your results are insane. Did you get your hormones checked? I wonder if you are a mega responder to finasteride and just lowering DHT exposure to follicles a bit coupled with minoxidil did most of the job. Hard to say how much % is from dermapenning.

Are you using a dermapen or a roll nowadays and how often.

Do you apply minoxidil right away or wait x hours?

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your results are insane. Did you get your hormones checked? I wonder if you are a mega responder to finasteride and just lowering DHT exposure to follicles a bit coupled with minoxidil did most of the job. Hard to say how much % is from dermapenning.

Are you using a dermapen or a roll nowadays and how often.

Do you apply minoxidil right away or wait x hours?
Thank you!

I wish I did a hormone check. I may go to Doctor soon and see if I can get one now but not sure if it will be useful after the fact.

These days I am rolling at 1mm twice a day right before applying minoxidil. I apply immediately.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Squeegee 2.0 sorry if I am being a bit pushy, perhaps you overlooked my last post. I will ask you again.
We are aware you are one of the lucky responders who were regrowing lots of hair back in the 2013 dermarolling thread. Unfortunately, you were banned at aprox. 6 months of needling, and now it's been 6 years. Would you care to report your status? Did you eventually kept gaining hair, or gains were eventually lost? Your report would be inmensely insightful for all of us who don't know a damn thing about the long term dynamics of microneedling.

A few months ago, we asked the same question to @2youngg2retire (another veteran needler from 2013) but he mysteriously avoided the question, and that left us with a bad feeling about the long term efficacy of needling. We would very much appreciate your response.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very sorry, but I have to disagree. There are hyper responders to the big tree who have got regrowth in slick bald areas from the big three. Like everything else, those regrowth freaks are a minority, but they exist and some of those cases have been reported in this forum. So, like every other alleged case of regrowth in which needling is employed along other (proven) treatments, we cannot say a damn thing whether it's needling or the others.
I've said this since the beginning of this thread: we must focus on evidence that isolates the effect of needling, but apparently this thread keeps being flooded by cases in which baldness is nuked with EVERYTHING there is (finasteride, min, Nizoral.... And then needling).... And sadly this conduct is getting positive feedback, so I think that the objectivity of this trial has been blurred by this kind of "dirty" data.

I am aware I am going to get a ton of dislikes, even though I try to express my criticism in a respectful way, but I needed to say that.
For those who are getting results with "the big 4",congrats, nuking baldness with everything there is is definitely the best approach for winning the battle (for those who don't get sides), and I am happy for them, but again, my opinion is that those cases shouldn't be posted here for the reasons that I already mentioned.

Last edited:

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to stop minoxidil. I lost way too many hair in the meanwhile. I'll just do needling now. May add collagen and copper peptides to my routine

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 119844

Holy f*ck! How is this even possible? I personally think you are just a really good responder to finasteride.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Experiencing shedding on dermarolling and minoxidil 2%. I think my hairloss has been accelerated for last two months. Hairs are more soft and thin . what could be it?