Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know for sure that the effects of minoxidil are increased from dermarolling? I'm asking because the studies I've looked at are comparing minoxidil by itself and with dermarolling. The India study compared people who had no results from minoxidil alone. Now this gives me a question because do we know that the minoxidil is even playing a role? maybe it's just the wounding?

I've been experimenting a little so this is just anecdotal. Anyway I had been using minoxidil for 6 months consistently (2 years on and off) with no results then I added dermarolling 7 months ago and started getting results around the 6 month mark. This is when I wondered if minoxidil was even doing anything for me because it hadn't been in the past. I was also getting horrible dandruff and I thought that this could be causing more problems than it was worth so I quit minoxidil about 1 1/2 months ago.

If the gains were from minoxidil you would expect me to lose any hairs grown from min, but I'm continuing to progress and haven't shed at all. What do you guys think? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm wondering if other people have similar experiences?

EDIT: Maybe dermarolling increases the effects of minoxidil for those who were already getting results, but not for people who don't respond to min?

Last edited:

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know for sure that the effects of minoxidil are increased from dermarolling? I'm asking because the studies I've looked at are comparing minoxidil by itself and with dermarolling. The India study compared people who had no results from minoxidil alone. Now this gives me a question because do we know that the minoxidil is even playing a role? maybe it's just the wounding?

I've been experimenting a little so this is just anecdotal. Anyway I had been using minoxidil for 6 months consistently (2 years on and off) with no results then I added dermarolling 7 months ago and started getting results around the 6 month mark. This is when I wondered if minoxidil was even doing anything for me because it hadn't been in the past. I was also getting horrible dandruff and I thought that this could be causing more problems than it was worth so I quit minoxidil about 1 1/2 months ago.

If the gains were from minoxidil you would expect me to lose any hairs grown from min, but I'm continuing to progress and haven't shed at all. What do you guys think? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm wondering if other people have similar experiences?

to date there's only two studies with microneeding alone:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377
http://www.surgicalcosmetic.org.br/...ica-de-microinfusao-de-medicamentos-pela-pele

in both of them microneedling alone did have a positive effect
I get horrible sides from minoxidil so this give me hope

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
to date there's only two studies with microneeding alone:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377
http://www.surgicalcosmetic.org.br/...ica-de-microinfusao-de-medicamentos-pela-pele

in both of them microneedling alone did have a positive effect
I get horrible sides from minoxidil so this give me hope

Awesome thanks for this! So this disproves at least part of my theory because the results combined with minoxidil were better overall. I'm curious though to see if people who aren't responding to minoxidil at all get better results from minoxidil and dermarolling compared to just dermarolling. If that's the case I might start up again with the foam.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

EDIT: Maybe dermarolling increases the effects of minoxidil for those who were already getting results, but not for people who don't respond to min?
I got a significant amount of terminal hairs from a month and half of minoxidil after 4 months of microneedling. Haven't used minoxidil in around 20 days and it still seems the hairs are there. Doesn't seem to be getting better though which is unfortunate. Expecting them to fall out eventually because microneedling didn't do anything for me when I used it without minoxidil, in fact it made it worse.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a significant amount of terminal hairs from a month and half of minoxidil after 4 months of microneedling. Haven't used minoxidil in around 20 days and it still seems the hairs are there. Doesn't seem to be getting better though which is unfortunate. Expecting them to fall out eventually because microneedling didn't do anything for me when I used it without minoxidil, in fact it made it worse.

Are you using finasteride by chance?

orange86

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil (Regaine in the uk) for 7-8 months and havent had any regrowth. My temples have actually receded.
I've done one session with a derma pen A6 and will continue, using minoxidil twice a day excluding the session i use derma pen.

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
some of people went worse after using microneedle. it made my hair thinner than before. and i have heard that from other people as well. although a lot of vellus hair are growing at my hairline, my top looks thinner than before. it goes worse step by step. so thats why we shouldn't say it is better than nothing or it is so cheap give it a chance. actually it might make your hair worse. however i am so happy for people who have responded very well and got amazing regrowth with microneedling.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
some of people went worse after using microneedle. it made my hair thinner than before. and i have heard that from other people as well. although a lot of vellus hair are growing at my hairline, my top looks thinner than before. it goes worse step by step. so thats why we shouldn't say it is better than nothing or it is so cheap give it a chance. actually it might make your hair worse. however i am so happy for people who have responded very well and got amazing regrowth with microneedling.
May beThey were not using it properly . u just have to reddened your skin not making it bleed ,that would cause damage.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update- 2 months and a week in. No progress so far. Added Morr F (Minoxidil+Finasteride topical) 2 weeks back. Gonna continue this for min 6 months and then review it. 1 interesting thing is I apply topical lemon juice 2 times a week. And, hair fall reduces the day I use that. And it resumes again the day after.

rrphl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Couple months ago, I mentioned I will make a tool for you to document your regimen. It took me longer than I expected, but here you are, check it out, https://www.hairrigate.com . You can upload photos, write notes, organize your treatments on your personal regimen page. All information will be presented in a timeline. Not only for yourself to log everything, but also a good way for others to understand your treatment history and progress. There is a sample page for you to get the idea, https://www.hairrigate.com/regimens/example . (The photos are me, but the content is fabricated, just a demonstration of the features).

The reasons I made this website
  1. Hairloss treatment usually takes months, even years. That generates a lot of data. We need to trace back, compare data from time to time. It could be a mess or a time consuming process if data is not well organized. I personally need a proper tool to do it. Besides, we don’t want to miss any clue from these data. Photos, notes, and treatments combined within a timeline is the most visual friendly way to see the connection between every factor.
  2. If you’re impressed by someone’s result, it’s very difficult to find the detailed regimen in a long thread like this one. That’s why people keep asking about someone’s regimen & photos, then others have to answer the same question again and again. It makes our life easier if we store our complete regimen information at one place. Why not log everything with my website, and just share your regimen page url in your profile or signature? I believe that’s a more efficient way to everyone.
  3. Data can be analyzed only if it follows certain rules. Using my website means data stored in the database with predefined structure. Thus, we can quickly search regimen, for example, some kind of medicine, taken with certain dosage, etc. In the future, we might have chance to get some insight from it. Who knows?

Although I didn’t post frequently here, this is the only hairloss thread I follow and microneedling is the only treatment I do. I feel close to this needling community. Therefore, currently I only share this website to you here in this thread. I hope you guys be the first one to try it and give me some feedback. It is the very first beta version, there must be some bugs out there. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am not a native speaker, even you have suggestion about better wording, grammar error. Please don’t hesitate to let me know. With your help and feedback, I can keep improving it.

I don’t have much knowledge about hair loss like you guys do, but I know how to write codes. This is how I can contribute to the community and hope we all win the battle eventually. Cheers!

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Couple months ago, I mentioned I will make a tool for you to document your regimen. It took me longer than I expected, but here you are, check it out, https://www.hairrigate.com . You can upload photos, write notes, organize your treatments on your personal regimen page. All information will be presented in a timeline. Not only for yourself to log everything, but also a good way for others to understand your treatment history and progress. There is a sample page for you to get the idea, https://www.hairrigate.com/regimens/example . (The photos are me, but the content is fabricated, just a demonstration of the features).

I don’t have much knowledge about hair loss like you guys do, but I know how to write codes. This is how I can contribute to the community and hope we all win the battle eventually. Cheers!

I checked out the sample page and it looks amazing. Great website. I will try to document my regimen there when I have the time but thanks a lot for taking the time to build a tool for the community.

nonconformist

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your frequency and depth?

If you're micorneedling only, it seems you need to leave enough time between sessions for the healing process.

Hi, How long time between sessions for the healing process? 2 weeks is sufficient or 1 month better?

Is it convenient to avoid bleeding in depth 1.5 mm?

Thank you!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Havn't had to buy minoxidil in a while, local chemist sells Rogaine for $230 for 3 months. Not keen while I'm also buying Trinov

Anyone know where to get Kirkland or a cheaper minoxidil shipped internationally? (I'm not in USA or Europe)

rrphl

My Regimen
Reaction score
I checked out the sample page and it looks amazing. Great website. I will try to document my regimen there when I have the time but thanks a lot for taking the time to build a tool for the community.

Thanks, man. It's a tool for myself, I am doing it with pleasure. If it can benefit others, that would be awesome! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Now I just completed the basic function. Next step I will enhance the experience browsing photos. You will be able to use tags to categorize your photos. That will be very useful when you want to see a series of specific kind of photos.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

The reasons I made this website
  1. Hairloss treatment usually takes months, even years. That generates a lot of data. We need to trace back, compare data from time to time. It could be a mess or a time consuming process if data is not well organized. I personally need a proper tool to do it. Besides, we don’t want to miss any clue from these data. Photos, notes, and treatments combined within a timeline is the most visual friendly way to see the connection between every factor.
  2. If you’re impressed by someone’s result, it’s very difficult to find the detailed regimen in a long thread like this one. That’s why people keep asking about someone’s regimen & photos, then others have to answer the same question again and again. It makes our life easier if we store our complete regimen information at one place. Why not log everything with my website, and just share your regimen page url in your profile or signature? I believe that’s a more efficient way to everyone.
  3. Data can be analyzed only if it follows certain rules. Using my website means data stored in the database with predefined structure. Thus, we can quickly search regimen, for example, some kind of medicine, taken with certain dosage, etc. In the future, we might have chance to get some insight from it. Who knows?

Although I didn’t post frequently here, this is the only hairloss thread I follow and microneedling is the only treatment I do. I feel close to this needling community. Therefore, currently I only share this website to you here in this thread. I hope you guys be the first one to try it and give me some feedback. It is the very first beta version, there must be some bugs out there. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am not a native speaker, even you have suggestion about better wording, grammar error. Please don’t hesitate to let me know. With your help and feedback, I can keep improving it.

make a new thread, because this will be lost very soon in this thread.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i will try to buy one .

but i don't know which cartridges i should choose 12 or 32 pins, which one is better ?

plus there is two link for cartridges from TBPHP and i don't know which one should i choose :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Needle-Car.../B07MNTG4ZC?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_16177694031&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/microneedl.../B07G5GJ31P?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_16177694031&th=1

if any body have a better and cheap derma pen please let me know ,

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, How long time between sessions for the healing process? 2 weeks is sufficient or 1 month better?

Is it convenient to avoid bleeding in depth 1.5 mm?

Thank you!
No one actually has a well-informed answer about optimal frequency. Studies report 1 or 2 weeks between sessions,which is the adopted frequency of most users in this thread and there's no clear pattern in who's getting better results.
Some of us have gone to the extreme and recently started to do it everyday (although not as intense as the 1.5-2.5mm weekly sessions), but we need more time to report if this approach was successful.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using a Derminator 2 since late last year. While my scalp hasn't felt this good in a decade I haven't noticed any major improvement in my hair. I'm going back to using a 1.5 mm roller.