Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That plucking stuff looks interesting. It's an old study but hadn't read about it before now.

I feel like a lot of the science conjecture in the article relates very closely with what we are attempting to achieve with wounding.

The idea behind "quorum sensing" is very interesting. For those who are just trying to regrow temples, maybe you should expand your needling area a bit. It may also be hard to regrow at the temples / hairline since adult hair follicles tend to end right there and there may not be enough surrounding HF for a quorum. Just a bro guess.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have seen and read, and from some studies that were posted, microneedling on it's own isn't enough to combat DHT.

However, it has shown in many people an increase in the effectiveness of other treatments, especially minoxidil, when used in conjunction.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

Take that for what you will.

Also here's some pics from me.
Balder pic is at month 3 of the Big 3, started weekly 1.5mm dermaroll sessions right after this pic.
Recent pic is at month 11. Sorry for lighting differences.

View attachment 118674 View attachment 118673

What collagen are you taking twice a week?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, evaluating progress of your hair growth is going to be a lot more tougher than the general folks here because you are barely balding. Except the slight hairloss in the crown area, you have a thick mop of hair.
For others who post their progress pictures, the results are clear as a day because of the extent of balding they managed to recover from.

+1

@ToLGuy Sorry for being late lol. You have very thick hair man. Minimal crown loss, its going to be hard to notice any improvement at all.

Btw looking at the pics, i thought 3 was baseline too.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Needling Progress Test #2:

I recently got to the 6 month mark of weekly needling (also on finasteride and min for 3 years) and I took several pictures to assess progress. However, as I said before in the prev test 3 months ago, I want a clean and bias free assessment from you guys, so I am performing this blind test again to address whether this thing is working for me or not.

I am going to post 4 pictures: ONLY ONE of them is the BEFORE (Pre-Needling) picture, and the remaining 3 of them are the after (post 6 months of needling) pictures. I randomized the order of the 4 pics and labeled them with numbers. The idea is that you should try to guess which is THE WORST PIC in terms of hair density of all the four I am posting.

The rationale is this: If needling is working, then the trend should be that most of you guys are picking the real BEFORE pic. If it's not working, then I should expect either no pattern at all, or most people picking one of the AFTER pics (post 6 months needling) as the worst pic.

Keep in mind that in all pics I tried to comb my hair in the worst posible way so my awful crown gets as exposed as possible,and were taken in the same angle, with somewhat the same natural illumination.

I will tell you guys the outcome of this experiment when I get to at least 10 votes.
I would really appreciate some help, please lemme know your opinion.
@Longway886 @kiwi666 @kiwipilu @Bill_Russo @NilesCrane @Headdy @Pigeon @Kagaho @samantha3333 @baldman329 @chen @longtimelurker @Kitedude @benjt2

If you can tell us that number 4 is the latest pic then it may be working as the crown looks like its drawing in on this

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to see many people here are not blinded and consumed by hair loss induced bitterness. I remember there’s a woman on Heralopecia. She spent years and years commenting on posts telling people spironolactone and rogaine dont work so now she’s in a hair system. Literally majority of her comments are just that.

lmao #roberta a new and hopefully a temporary member who’s musings we have to skim over on the site.

Hey @roberta how come you haven’t left and gone to your “private forums” yet? Got any more lies for us?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
well in short, there is no consensus. most will tell you to stick to the regimen of one of the two studies. and if it doesn't work, you will ususally get the answer "try daily 0,5 mm, try weekly, use 1,5 mm, use 2 mm every two weeks, try this try that bla bla bla"
as a matter of fact, no one really knows, even when some people try to convince you otherwise (especially the uneducated clown @kiwi666)

@Necr0sis I’m sorry you have to read answers like this from negative members.

There are a number of studies. Most of us using the detminator are needling at 2.0mm on fast mode.

Guys like @ToLGuy and myself are doing 2.0mm once every 7-10 days. And then more frequent (daily for him) 1mm sessions all over.

You have nothing to loose. And hair to gain!!! Good luck squire!!!

Last edited:

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There are a number of studies. Most of us using the detminator are needling at 2.0mm on fast mode.

Guys like @ToLGuy and myself are doing 2.0mm once every 7-10 days. And then more frequent (daily for him) 1mm sessions all over.

This is also what I am doing. I just added daily 1mm sessions as well.

I think the most accepted method is weekly 1.5-2mm sessions as posted in the OP of this thread.

The Chen method was to do daily (or twice daily) 0.5-1mm sessions if I recall correctly and he had great results.

And there are those who have tried all sorts of variations with little to no positive results. So this can lead to some confusion.

Bleeding amount also varies per person.

Anyone just starting out I would recommend going with 1.5mm depth once every 7-10 days and go from there, as @kiwi666 mentioned.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is also what I am doing. I just added daily 1mm sessions as well.

I think the most accepted method is weekly 1.5-2mm sessions as posted in the OP of this thread.

The Chen method was to do daily (or twice daily) 0.5-1mm sessions if I recall correctly and he had great results.

And there are those who have tried all sorts of variations with little to no positive results. So this can lead to some confusion.

Bleeding amount also varies per person.

Anyone just starting out I would recommend going with 1.5mm depth once every 7-10 days and go from there, as @kiwi666 mentioned.

Yo! I am with you guys. Following the chen regimen. Daily 1mm mild rolling for 10 mins in morning, then 10 mins scalp massages in the evening. 1.5mm hard rolling on weekends and let it heal for 24 hrs (no mild rolling or massaging during the healing period). Will wait for atleast a year before I comment on my results.

Patience is key. For all the newcomers here, I suggest you to stop paying attention to trolls and give the regimen some time before you evaluate results.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo! I am with you guys. Following the chen regimen. Daily 1mm mild rolling for 10 mins in morning, then 10 mins scalp massages in the evening. 1.5mm hard rolling on weekends and let it heal for 24 hrs (no mild rolling or massaging during the healing period). Will wait for atleast a year before I comment on my results.

Patience is key. For all the newcomers here, I suggest you to stop paying attention to trolls and give the regimen some time before you evaluate results.

Awesome.

These posts are starting to feel like how this thread should again. Hazah!

Now I’m off to do my own 0.75 - 1mm session. Exactly like you I’m waiting a few days for it to heal after my hard 2mm needling!

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
how come you haven't showed us any of your progress pics? you are needlings since the end of 2018 so you already 6 months in. no progress yet? i am sorry for you

Don’t be sorry. Just be an awesome member of this community.

I trust you’ve seen my before shots? I’ll upload some after shots in a couple of weeks for you.

Will there be cosmetic improvements to my crown. You’ll find out soon after I do.

Because I have already committed to another year of rolling with min or CB AND regular rolling at 1mm I don’t personally care if I have improvements yet or not.

Naturally I really hope it does work! If it doesn’t though I guess I’ll be getting a hair transplant with Hasan and Wong. That’s my plan anyway.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are so nice to me, i like that :)
wish you all the best and hope you will regrow plenty of new hair my bald buddy :)
I think it’s better here if we’re all nicer to one another. This just made me smile. I want us all to try be overly nice to everyone :)

Balding sucks!

chen

My Regimen
Reaction score

no minoxidil?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown results

Attachments

• 20190509_093745.jpg
    20190509_093745.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 885

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically, @tressful11, @NarWhal7, @kiwi666 and me are starting to go through the everyday approach, nice. The more, the merrier. It's great that we are finally testing some variables that hasn't been tested in any study. This is far from a controlled environment for an experiment, but definitely better than nothing. Best if luck to all of you guys, I hope it ends up working.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I appreciate the encouraging words!

I’ll try 2.0 some time. 1.5 gets the job done good enough, but maybe 2.0 will help on areas of thicker hair for better penetration.

What do you think about the redness of my temple area? Would you recommend going to medium speed, or is the temple just more sensitive