Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know if I could handle a 2mm needle. I did a 1mm on my face for a few old scars and that hurt like all hell(using roller and a stamp). Hope the top of head is less sensitive, but not counting on it. Isn't there numbing cream you can get?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It shouldn't be as painful with a pen really, if you get that instead. Less needles, faster, gets the job done quicker etc.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got impatient and changed it from 1.5mm to 2mm on my last session.

Because I’m not using min I was thinking of doing 2mm everything fourth session and 1.5mm every other week.

Is anybody on 2mm weekly without min? I thought @Francky85 you were.

Nah im using minoxidil and Nizoral mate.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know if I could handle a 2mm needle. I did a 1mm on my face for a few old scars and that hurt like all hell(using roller and a stamp). Hope the top of head is less sensitive, but not counting on it. Isn't there numbing cream you can get?

I do 2mm and its more than bearable.....near the hair line hurts, but your natural aesthetic (your endorphins rising) kicks in and it becomes easy.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking at trying the derminator or dr. pen. Not sure which is better. I figure go all in and skip the knock off stuff. I read people use castor oil afterwards also, which seems kind of messy

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so how do we know these results aren't mostly being a good responder to min? Haven't time to really read through the whole thread and research, so was just curious. From what I've seen on min, a lot of people have great results at first and then they fade off in several years

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, so the trend continues: crown is apparently the hardest one to restore. I haven't posted any pics because I only will when I get to the 3rd month, but I can tell you that my temples and hairline also have new hairs (a few of them thick enough, most of them vellus), but I mostly started this regime for my crown, and it seems to be unchanged, although I haven't taken detailed pictures yet.
Most people here are saying that the differential responses between scalp areas depends on the order in which they started to thin. That hypothesis makes sense, however, that would imply most people here started balding at the crown, like myself. I must say I am impressed by that. I thought that crown-first thinners were actually scarce, and that the common rule was that balding starts first at the front, and that the crown was a sign of late stages of alopecia.

And that pisses me off. The crown is usually a concern to many.

My main area of concern is the crown. My diffuse thinning had reached a point where the crown looks like a very bad cow lick(and I mean very bad) only if I grow my hair long and make sure it isn't oily.

I will report back if my experiment of using minoxidil right after dermarolling accelerates regrowth in my cowlick which should really be called a bald spot.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so how do we know these results aren't mostly being a good responder to min? Haven't time to really read through the whole thread and research, so was just curious. From what I've seen on min, a lot of people have great results at first and then they fade off in several years
The original poster got very little results on minoxidil for a long time before adding needling and suddenly get a full head of hair. Many others have said the same thing. Right now a lot of people are testing the theory so in a few months we should have pretty clear answers

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta say, I’m really interested in seeing what this would do in conjunction with PRP. I know that PRP is usually activated by micro needling, but using PRP on a scalp that is regularly and actively microneddled might be pretty bitching......

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The original poster got very little results on minoxidil for a long time before adding needling and suddenly get a full head of hair. Many others have said the same thing. Right now a lot of people are testing the theory so in a few months we should have pretty clear answers
Sounds good. Maybe this will work until something permanent comes along...in 20 years lol

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gotta say, I’m really interested in seeing what this would do in conjunction with PRP. I know that PRP is usually activated by micro needling, but using PRP on a scalp that is regularly and actively microneddled might be pretty bitching......

I am very interested in seeing that too. I'm thinking of doing it say 8-9 months from now to give it another big push. There is a study on prp+needling too.

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the results from the microneedling + prp routine. There are many countries that offer high quality healthcare and healthcare tourism if anyone is interested.

About 40% (n = 10) patients in Group A and 44% (n = 11) patients in Group B were in age group 21–30 years whereas 28% (n = 7) patients in Group A and 32% (n = 8) patients in Group B were in age group 31–40 years. Average age in Group A and B were 30.04 and 31.12 years, respectively, which were comparable, and difference was not statistically significant (P > 0.05) (Chi-square test). Nearly, 62% (n = 31) patients had hair loss duration of 1–5 years. Maximum duration of hair loss was of 15 years, for three patients seeking advice. There was not much difference in duration of hair loss of the patients in both the groups. In the study of total fifty male patients, 25 (50%) patients had Grade III alopecia, and 16 (32%) patients had Grade IV alopecia. Maximum patients were of Grade III alopecia. Family history was positive in 54% (n = 27) patients in our study. As shown in Table 3, there is a significant improvement (P < 0.05) in patients' assessment in Group B as compared to Group A at the end of 6 months. As shown in Table 4, there is a significant improvement (P < 0.05) in investigator's assessment in Group B as compared to Group A at the end of 6 months. As shown in Table 5, there is a significant improvement (P < 0.05 using paired sample t-test) in platelet count in PRP compared to whole blood. The results of group A are shown in Figures Figures114 and the results of group B are shown in Figures Figures558 which shows that there is significant improvement in group B patients when compared to group A patients.

IJT-9-14-g003.jpg

IJT-9-14-g004.jpg

• For Group A:
    • Patients were instructed to apply topical 5% minoxidil in a dose of 1ml twice daily during the treatment period.
  • For Group B:
    • Patients were instructed to apply topical 5% minoxidil in a dose of 1ml twice daily during the treatment period. They also received treatment in the form of microneedling with PRP once at the interval of a month for 6 sittings.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I decided to order the derminator and after hitting the pay button, they give this big warning that it could take up to 3 months to ship to the US. Can someone recommend one of the Dr. Pen versions? They have a few on amazon and I don't know what the differences are. Some are cheap, while others expensive

Last edited:

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I decided to order the derminator and after hitting the pay button, they give this big warning that it could take up to 3 months to ship to the US. Can someone recommend one of the Dr. Pen versions? They have a few on amazon and I don't know what the differences are. Some are cheap, while others expensive
think other US people got it alot quicker, like ten days. Obviously they are just covering them selfs by saying 3 months.