Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was thinking of giving this a try. I just started noticing some thinning in the mid section(already was thinning in the hairline). Would this cause more thinning if I already have a decent amount of hair still left due to the needles breaking existing hair? And would it still be effective if not using min?
Hey there.
If you use Minoxidil, you might experience some shedding. The person this thread is about went through a shedding phase before he started improving. Others have also mentioned experiencing a similar shedding.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, so the trend continues: crown is apparently the hardest one to restore. I haven't posted any pics because I only will when I get to the 3rd month, but I can tell you that my temples and hairline also have new hairs (a few of them thick enough, most of them vellus), but I mostly started this regime for my crown, and it seems to be unchanged, although I haven't taken detailed pictures yet.
Most people here are saying that the differential responses between scalp areas depends on the order in which they started to thin. That hypothesis makes sense, however, that would imply most people here started balding at the crown, like myself. I must say I am impressed by that. I thought that crown-first thinners were actually scarce, and that the common rule was that balding starts first at the front, and that the crown was a sign of late stages of alopecia.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, so the trend continues: crown is apparently the hardest one to restore. I haven't posted any pics because I only will when I get to the 3rd month, but I can tell you that my temples and hairline also have new hairs (a few of them thick enough, most of them vellus), but I mostly started this regime for my crown, and it seems to be unchanged, although I haven't taken detailed pictures yet.
Most people here are saying that the differential responses between scalp areas depends on the order in which they started to thin. That hypothesis makes sense, however, that would imply most people here started balding at the crown, like myself. I must say I am impressed by that. I thought that crown-first thinners were actually scarce, and that the common rule was that balding starts first at the front, and that the crown was a sign of late stages of alopecia.

My crown is improving so f*****g slowly. Meanwhile I have new hairs all over hairline and the front of my head (areas where supposedly it is the most difficult to regain hair). Also, just lol at the fact people would say minoxidil worked best on the crown. I'm seeing rapdi improvement everywhere but my crown ahah

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am definitely in the crown thinning first brigade.....then the rest of my scalp is like a diffuse thinning....with my hair line fairly in tact.

There is something going on crown wise, but not to the extent that the frontal areas and top is changing with more an more new hairs appearing.

But then the crown has been bad for maybe 5 years and the rest only bad in the last year or 2, so I assumed it would be that way anyway.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Might take the plunge. Is using min a requirement? I really don't want to mess with that stuff

No it’s not a requirement, but if you tolerate it and can afford it, it’s a pretty good addition. Besides testimonies, one of the famous studies had three groups: dermarolling, minoxidil, and dr+minoxidil. Dermaroller alone users got better results than minoxidil alone group (!) IIRC, but the third group with both dermaroller and minoxidil got substantially better results. So up to you!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have a look at the studies if you haven't already.
Indian study (2013), 1.5 mm once a week:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/
Chinese study (2017), 2 mm twice monthly:
https://www.docdroid.net/Q4cnC2V/101080-at-1476417220171376094.pdf

I got impatient and changed it from 1.5mm to 2mm on my last session.

Because I’m not using min I was thinking of doing 2mm everything fourth session and 1.5mm every other week.

Is anybody on 2mm weekly without min? I thought @Francky85 you were.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got impatient and changed it from 1.5mm to 2mm on my last session.

Because I’m not using min I was thinking of doing 2mm everything fourth session and 1.5mm every other week.

Is anybody on 2mm weekly without min? I thought @Francky85 you were.
You got me doing 2 mm without Minoxidil, but twice monthly.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2mm is painful. That's where my pain threshold ends. 1.5 is a piece of cake.. but anything 2mm and above is just asking for blood. Your head will look like a scene from a torture p**rn movie

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2mm is painful. That's where my pain threshold ends. 1.5 is a piece of cake.. but anything 2mm and above is just asking for blood. Your head will look like a scene from a torture p*rn movie
Repeatedly stabbing a shiny scalp with a 2 mm needle until it grows all its hair back... Huh. It does sound like a torture p**rn scene to me.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
2mm is painful. That's where my pain threshold ends. 1.5 is a piece of cake.. but anything 2mm and above is just asking for blood. Your head will look like a scene from a torture p*rn movie
You say torture p**rn like it’s a bad thing ;)