Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
We need to take actions on our own!!
We dont.
The maximum we can do is to not let the hype on this drug fade, keep eyes on the news and try to spread the information until we know for sure if this drug works on humans.
If the hype increases, we have a great chance to see doctors using it off-label, or another countries like China or Russia starting to using it before anyone else and attesting if it works or not.

This study about mechanical stress and EN1 inhibition was a enormous discovery on itself.

Verteporfin inhibiting scars on rats wasnt an accident. They knew that this drug inhibited activation of Engrailed-1 (En1) in fibroblasts. They just discovered that EN1 inhibition disables scar formation on mice. They just followed the footprints and connected the dots.

If humans respond to the same stimulus of inhibition then we have something ahead, because, as far as i remember, induced scarless healing was never docummented in rats before.

Just spread this study and we are doing alot

Last edited:

joaopassos4444

My Regimen
Reaction score
We dont.
The maximum we can do is to not let the hype on this drug fade, keep eyes on the news and try to spread the information until we know for sure if this drug works on humans.
If the hype increases, we have a great chance to see doctors using it off-label, or another countries like China or Russia starting to using it before anyone else and attesting if it works or not.

This study about mechanical stress and EN1 inhibition was a enormous discovery on itself.

Verteporfin inhibiting scars on rats wasnt an accident. They knew that this drug inhibited activation of Engrailed-1 (En1) in fibroblasts. They just discovered that EN1 inhibition disables scar formation on mice. They just followed the footprints and connected the dots.

If humans respond to the same stimulus of inhibition then we have something ahead, because, as far as i remember, induced scarless healing was never docummented in rats before.

Just spread this study and we are doing alot
If that sh*t is safe for injecting in the eye, for me is safe enough. If you expect some doctor to just test this for the sake of humankind, forget it. If you have enough time for waiting 5 years for some researchers to make a career out of it, fine by me.
I'm not sure if you already noticed, but this whole thing just lost mometum, as it isn't the main topic anywhere, although it had good acceptance and everyone talked about it, in a few weeks it's entering the oblivion zone for another 5 years.
What can we do? I don't know, but praying for the best won't help us at all.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
If that sh*t is safe for injecting in the eye, for me is safe enough. If you expect some doctor to just test this for the sake of humankind, forget it. If you have enough time for waiting 5 years for some researchers to make a career out of it, fine by me.
I'm not sure if you already noticed, but this whole thing just lost mometum, as it isn't the main topic anywhere, although it had good acceptance and everyone talked about it, in a few weeks it's entering the oblivion zone for another 5 years.
What can we do? I don't know, but praying for the best won't help us at all.
If i was rich and had the possibility to put my hands on a doctor to test it on me, i would be a guinea pig in a heartbeat.

This is an expensive compound, and u need to inject it on wound border, u cant do this on your own like that.. Atleast, u need to create a safe enviroment and plan everything right before doing it. Otherwise, ur risking your money, your time, your effort, and even taking the risk of wasting all of it without even creating the scenario that would promote scarless healing, giving the false impression that the drug doesnt work when it could.

If it was a cheap drug, we would have the opportunity of wasting it, testing it in different ways, injecting, making a gel, cream, etc.. But its not..
If u are a millionaire and dont give a f*** about money, u certainly can buy everything and even plan everything out with a friend Doctor that sympathize with the idea and can do all the tests..

I agree with you on the lost momentum, that this sh*t shouldve be on TV, news, everywhere because the hypothesis is really that big. Im a former forum lurker for YEARS, but i had to come with this when i saw the papers. Its mind blowing.

This drug doesnt even have patent anymore, big companies cant take advantage of it. Which maybe explains all the letargy and delays on something that can be so important

and just to mention,
any drug with the potential to inhibit Engrailed-1 (En1) on skin maybe can do the work. Im not a chemestry, doctor or whatever to know if there is more drugs that have this potential.

"The study also found that the use of diphtheria toxin to eliminate En1 positive fibroblasts, similar to knocking down the YAP gene of fibroblasts, promotes the restoration of normal skin structure. This indicates that the activation of En1 can be regulated directly or indirectly. Promote wound regeneration and inhibit the appearance of scars."

This was also mentioned on papers, but i have no idea what is diphtheria toxin and will take a look

Last edited:

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
Taking a look lately about EN1 and YAP inhibition im about to order or test few drugs capable of doing it on myself for test

CONCLUSIONS: Together, these data support that verteporfin promotes wound regeneration specifically through its effects on fibroblast YAP signaling. Furthermore, they suggest that En-1 is a mechanoresponsive master regulator of fibroblast activation; accordingly, ablation of En-1 signaling, either indirectly (YAP inhibition) or directly (DT ablation), is sufficient to trigger true wound regeneration. Our findings have translational implications as they suggest that mammalian regenerative potential might be regained in postnatal life if the dominant, mechanically-driven propensity for fibrosis can be averted.

Inhibition of EN1 through YAP inhibition results in scarless wound healing

I came to this list of drugs that can inhibit YAP signaling:

In the middle of those drugs that can inhibit YAP, AICAR is a relatively cheap one compared to Verteporfin, and even used orally asa supplement.

AICARInhibitor≥98.0%
AICAR (Acadesine) is an adenosine analog and a AMPK activator. AICAR regulates the glucose and lipid metabolism, and inhibits proinflammatory cytokines and iNOS production. AICAR is also an autophagy, YAP and mitophagy inhibitor.

Wound 1: Inducing a wound that would obviously turn into a scar and inject YAP inhibitor on its borders

Wound 2: Inducing a wound that would obviously turn into a scar and use a YAP inhibitor in a hydrogel with occlusion of the wound

Pre existent scar treatment 1: Reopen an existent scar, excise it and use a YAP inhibitor like Wound 1 or Wound 2 method

Pre existent scar treatment 2: Needling/wounding and applying hydrogel with occlusion of the scarred wound area

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wound regeneration
The scar will be in a area that has follicles to check if is possible to regenerate it or I'm understanding this purpose wrong?
Also, you mentioned that you will test in yourself, are you sure that is secure?

Last edited:

joaopassos4444

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking a look lately about EN1 and YAP inhibition im about to order or test few drugs capable of doing it on myself for test

CONCLUSIONS: Together, these data support that verteporfin promotes wound regeneration specifically through its effects on fibroblast YAP signaling. Furthermore, they suggest that En-1 is a mechanoresponsive master regulator of fibroblast activation; accordingly, ablation of En-1 signaling, either indirectly (YAP inhibition) or directly (DT ablation), is sufficient to trigger true wound regeneration. Our findings have translational implications as they suggest that mammalian regenerative potential might be regained in postnatal life if the dominant, mechanically-driven propensity for fibrosis can be averted.

Inhibition of EN1 through YAP inhibition results in scarless wound healing

I came to this list of drugs that can inhibit YAP signaling:

In the middle of those drugs that can inhibit YAP, AICAR is a relatively cheap one compared to Verteporfin, and even used orally asa supplement.

AICARInhibitor≥98.0%
AICAR (Acadesine) is an adenosine analog and a AMPK activator. AICAR regulates the glucose and lipid metabolism, and inhibits proinflammatory cytokines and iNOS production. AICAR is also an autophagy, YAP and mitophagy inhibitor.

Wound 1: Inducing a wound that would obviously turn into a scar and inject YAP inhibitor on its borders

Wound 2: Inducing a wound that would obviously turn into a scar and use a YAP inhibitor in a hydrogel with occlusion of the wound

Pre existent scar treatment 1: Reopen an existent scar, excise it and use a YAP inhibitor like Wound 1 or Wound 2 method

Pre existent scar treatment 2: Needling/wounding and applying hydrogel with occlusion of the scarred wound area
Don't you ever forget that curis once cured hairloss. Also, look at the developments of oxy133 for other conditions.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

"Here, we show that blocking mechanical signaling via FAK inhibition promotes regenerative healing, defined by formation of healed skin with (1) restored biomechanical properties, (2) hair follicle regrowth, and (3) normal collagen fiber architecture"

is fak1 inhibtion related to yap1 inhibtion and verteporfin

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score

"Here, we show that blocking mechanical signaling via FAK inhibition promotes regenerative healing, defined by formation of healed skin with (1) restored biomechanical properties, (2) hair follicle regrowth, and (3) normal collagen fiber architecture"

is fak1 inhibtion related to yap1 inhibtion and verteporfin
The pictures are worth 1000 words.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The pictures are worth 1000 words.
yeah but i'm too retarded to understand a word but seems like the pigs regrew some hairs isn't it something huge?

original articel
published on septmeber the 6th of 2021 that's pretty new

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah but i'm too retarded to understand a word but seems like the pigs regrew some hairs isn't it something huge?

original articel
published on septmeber the 6th of 2021 that's pretty new
Don't be to down on yourself. You did well.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so if these results also translate to humans you could create abrasions on the bald areas, inject the drug and the hair should also be re-grown, right?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
so if these results also translate to humans you could create abrasions on the bald areas, inject the drug and the hair should also be re-grown, right?
Not sure if that would be ideal. I'd rather just get dht resistant donor hair transplanted in the areas with unlimited donor.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
could this stuff also be used for skin aging wrinkles? that's what i have been wondering for a while . just remove the skin via deep peel or laser then use the stuff to regenerate a wrinkles free skin

Aston

Reaction score
Can't this be combined with the correct growth factors and signaling molecules for the full hair follicle regeneration scenario? I realize we're not there yet, but functional skin regeneration Is a game-changer as it allows for active manipulation of skin during the growth process. A lot of studies and promising biotech research was dropped because only effective in the embryonal stage of tissue formation. This would open the road for all that to be suddenly relevant again and I fully expect a little frenzy to reconsider old techniques/patents as suddenly viable. As always, we need to have initiative for any results to come our way.