Verteporfin drug induced scarless healing with new hair follicles on mice. This new founding can be really big

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I meant you wouldn't have to test it in a full scale procedure they would purposely do a small FUE on a repair case or friend of the doctor/clinic and offer it free. Then you move onto real clients.

If I'm a paying FUT/FUE client there is no way I'm being a guinea pig for random injections.
I sure would be lol Sign me up for some verteporfin. I'd also use some pge2 and oltipraz on the wound site. Smoothened agonist too just so follicles might grow.

Realistically I don't see anybody trying this for years. Clinics are slow to accept change, they don't really like to experiment with something based on a mouse study.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sure would be lol Sign me up for some verteporfin. I'd also use some pge2 and oltipraz on the wound site. Smoothened agonist too just so follicles might grow.

Realistically I don't see anybody trying this for years. Clinics are slow to accept change, they don't really like to experiment with something based on a mouse study.
I wouldn’t pigeon hole all surgeons like this.

I can imagine plenty of surgeons trying this since if they can get the customer to pay for it.

Heck plenty of them sell quack solutions like prp so why not this.

I would pay to be guiney pig. It’s not going to effect my hair transplant so why not?

Last edited:

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing about this verteporfin drug is that, it is really easy to test it right now. The drug is used on eyes for years with proven safety, this discovery can have an astronomical potential, and yet, we are not hearing alot about it.. Ok the notice is very fresh like 3 weeks, but yet, the claims are very big for science itself, specially caming from a drug that is relatively easy to have access and its proven safe.
Its a binary thing here, either it works, or not.
If it works, its potential can be explored in many many ways that we can not even imagine.
Is it covid delaying things? Whats the deal here?

I disagreed alot with Pegasus through this topic, but i agree 100% with him in his last post, I would 100% sign to be a guinea pig for verteporfin in a heartbeat and i bet the majority of people that is going for a FUT would too..

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Almost any cosmetic surgeon who makes incisions would have a motive to try this stuff out. That's an enormous group.

2. If they demonstrate scar-less healing of incisions, that's a huge game-changer for all of cosmetic surgery. Pressure would mount up quickly for FUT surgeons to use it, whether it helps follicles or not.

3. As soon as a few FUT surgeons try it, that should get the ball rolling for finding out whether it helps transected follicles.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
1. Almost any cosmetic surgeon who makes incisions would have a motive to try this stuff out. That's an enormous group.

2. If they demonstrate scar-less healing of incisions, that's a huge game-changer for all of cosmetic surgery. Pressure would mount up quickly for FUT surgeons to use it, whether it helps follicles or not.

3. As soon as a few FUT surgeons try it, that should get the ball rolling for finding out whether it helps transected follicles.
Burn scar patients, acne scar sufferers and people that used to be obese and are left with loose skin/severe stretch marks. It can be revolutionary regards aging also.

Almost all fields of medicine can have a unthinkable benefit from what was presented in those mice if it works on humans.
"Trials" MY ***.. This shouldve being largely tested in humans right now at this very moment..

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to be cautious. Researchers love to hype their own findings, and extraordinary findings in mice rarely translate to humans

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let’s wait for the pig trials, if that turns out to work then it’s showtime

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
The FT admin proposed this theory based on their interpretation of the study:
[https://www.folliclethought.com/verteporfin-could-create-scarless-hair-transplant-surgery/#comments]
"""

The Big “What if?”​

It seems as though it’s only a matter of time before a doctor, or even a hair transplant surgeon, in the US attempts to inject verteporfin into a patient’s wound. Can the drug create similar results for humans as it did in mice? This is a literal multi-million dollar question and if the answer is yes, then we could be at the brink of a new type of “organic” hair regeneration/multiplication.

If we think about the drug’s potential application in hair transplant surgeries, a patient could have hair follicles extracted from their donor area via FUE or FUT(strip) and then have verteporfin injected into the wounds of the donor area. If the mechanism of action holds up in humans, those wounds in the donor area would heal, not only without scars, but with a replenishment of hair follicles as well. Now, it’s not probable that there would be 100% regeneration of donor follicles, but even a rate of 50% would be a game changer. For fun, we can imagine a surgery of 4,000 grafts could yield back 2,000 grafts and the process could be repeated many times.

For now, this is an enticing theory, but since verteporfin is on the market it’s likely that we will not have to wait long for it to be put to the test.
"""

Can the science heads dismantle this claim/theory?
Logically, this doesnt make sense to me. Its implying that we are able to regenerate locally non-existing cell types. From my broscience, If a follicle is removed, there is nothing to signal to our body that a follicle was there. So the wound would heal based on surrounding tissue. My broscience is wonky, someone with proper brains please confirm this.
Science can corroborate with the fact that scarless healing can bring back functions that were 100% previously lost in tissue.
If a follicle is removed by certain kind of damage, and scarless regeneration occurs, theoretically all the cells of healthy skin around can signal and induce the area to produce the same type of the cells that were previously there.
Axolodt is an one of a type animal, scientists study this salamander alot, because this species not only heal their wound scarlessly, but they literally regenerate limbs, organs and even part of their brains. How's that? Each tissue of this animal produces "progenitor cells" that keeps memory of each tissue, when a axolodt lose its limb, since they dont produce fibrotic tissue(scarring) each tissue literally regenerate itself through this memory signaling.

Other interesting fact, and im to lazy to provide the studies here, but i believe that u guys can eventually find if u dont believe me, an study

This study conducted with patients that had hair transplant from other part of their bodies to the scalp shown that leg hairs/arm hairs that have been transplanted started to show a different and longer lenght and cycle once they were on the scalp after a while, adhering characteristics of scalp hair, not totally, but partially. Hows that? Thats call cell signaling, its processes are still being in study and not that clear, but its real and this is not broscience.
Scarless healing is not broscience also, because it happens on nature with other animals and even with human fetus.

Of course, as mammals, our capability of a induced scarless healing will be way more limited than axolodts that can literally regenerate limbs and organs. But as far as hair follicles, i think maybe this process can hold precious results..

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score

few of studies regarding of what im talking about

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This study conducted with patients that had hair transplant from other part of their bodies to the scalp shown that leg hairs/arm hairs that have been transplanted started to show a different and longer lenght and cycle once they were on the scalp after a while, adhering characteristics of scalp hair, not totally, but partially. Hows that? Thats call cell signaling, its processes are still being in study and not that clear, but its real and this is not broscience.
Scarless healing is not broscience also, because it happens on nature with other animals and even with human fetus.

That phenomenon gets brought up in discussions about body hair transplants. For some reason everyone sees the potential upsides and nobody ever sees the downside.

We're talking about evidence that the recipient area is influencing the traits of transplanted follicles. Think about it.

Uh-oh . . .

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
That phenomenon gets brought up in discussions about body hair transplants. For some reason everyone sees the potential upsides and nobody ever sees the downside.

We're talking about evidence that the recipient area is influencing the traits of transplanted follicles. Think about it.

Uh-oh . . .
U meant that, eventually the transplanted hairs could start to be negatively effected by DHT by adhering the once previous there scalp hair characteristics? Thats a possibility indeed.
But the thing about body hair, is that, u really dont expect much of it anyways.. Body hair can be good to add density and feathering front hairline sparse previous transplant appearence.
Biggest negative aspect of body hair transplant is that it seems to be more expensive and lead to body scarring.. Because nobody really cares much of losing body hair donor area.. With scalp donor area is a different story..

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Science can corroborate with the fact that scarless healing can bring back functions that were 100% previously lost in tissue.
If a follicle is removed by certain kind of damage, and scarless regeneration occurs, theoretically all the cells of healthy skin around can signal and induce the area to produce the same type of the cells that were previously there.
Axolodt is an one of a type animal, scientists study this salamander alot, because this species not only heal their wound scarlessly, but they literally regenerate limbs, organs and even part of their brains. How's that? Each tissue of this animal produces "progenitor cells" that keeps memory of each tissue, when a axolodt lose its limb, since they dont produce fibrotic tissue(scarring) each tissue literally regenerate itself through this memory signaling.

Other interesting fact, and im to lazy to provide the studies here, but i believe that u guys can eventually find if u dont believe me, an study

Of course, as mammals, our capability of a induced scarless healing will be way more limited than axolodts that can literally regenerate limbs and organs. But as far as hair follicles, i think maybe this process can hold precious results..
Basically, you are saying that cells surrounding a damaged site, even if damage removes 100% of a certain organ, can signal to the body that the removed organ used to be here. Axolotls can rebuild entire limbs as a result. The fact that hair transplanted elsewhere takes characteristics of scalp hair suggests that memory signalling exists for scalp tissue. Then, it is possible that inducing scarless healing would allow us to regenerate a removed follicle. This, however, also assumes that scarless healing is the only limitation to organ regeneration (specifically for hair on the human scalp).
That is absolutely phenomenal, thanks for sharing. Im a little smarter and my broscience is a little worse now.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically, you are saying that cells surrounding a damaged site, even if damage removes 100% of a certain organ, can signal to the body that the removed organ used to be here. Axolotls can rebuild entire limbs as a result. The fact that hair transplanted elsewhere takes characteristics of scalp hair suggests that memory signalling exists for scalp tissue. Then, it is possible that inducing scarless healing would allow us to regenerate a removed follicle. This, however, also assumes that scarless healing is the only limitation to organ regeneration (specifically for hair on the human scalp).
That is absolutely phenomenal, thanks for sharing. Im a little smarter and my broscience is a little worse now.
Producing scar on healing IS ONE limitation for organ regeneration.
Humans cant heal scarlessly, and any induced form of scarless healing on skin by drugs can have different outcomes and limitations
We cant assume that one day it will be possible on humans, the only thing that we know is that this happens on nature, more specific on axolodts, so we know that cell memory and signaling through regeneration of an entire limb and organ not only is possible, but exist(in nature).
How it could be applied to benefit humans? The answer for this question holds enormous change to human race.. And for sure, being able to heal skin scarlessly is the first step

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
PolarityTE proposal isnt about scarless healing but to create a mimic functional tissue
This product isnt released also, i heard about polarityte for a few years and yet they havent reach the market

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to be cautious. Researchers love to hype their own findings, and extraordinary findings in mice rarely translate to humans
do you think such a finding could be usefull for wrinkles/ skin aging like we could excise the wrinkles and fill the scared area with vertepofrin to recreate a wrinkles free skin area?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think such a finding could be usefull for wrinkles/ skin aging like we could excise the wrinkles and fill the scared area with vertepofrin to recreate a wrinkles free skin area?

That's the sort of stuff the cosmetic surgery industry might be doing eventually, once they get some comfort with the stuff and find out its limits.

I wouldn't wanna be among the earliest patients for any of it. Cosmetic surgery is usually better in moderation and after they have some years to refine things. Many times the cutting-edge work of the past begins to look 'overdone' in hindsight.